RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Warranty work taken 3 weeks and counting !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Warranty work taken 3 weeks and counting !!

With my car having been off road for approaching 3 weeks and the AD not been successful as yet in fixing the issue

I am now told they are going to order more parts and try them. I don't think they know if this will work but it is

going to take 10 days to get the parts , at which point I will have not had the use of my car for a month ....

I saw the car on the ramp 2 days ago .... interior stripped out ,a few diagnostic computers in the interior.... and bits and pieces of my interior and centre console just sitting un protected on a concrete floor and wiring hanging out everywhere ..... I will be checking all my interior parts when they go back in with a magnifying glass ..... All the delicate finishes were immaculate when I gave them the car ... they'd better be when it's returned , though I fear looking at the way they were cast aside on the floor they won't be ...

I'm asking JLR for an extended years warranty on my electrics as this has given me very little confidence and frankly having seen the loom in my car I want a warranty against any damage that may have been done while carrying out this work

Is there a point and length of time that I demand a new car and refuse to take this one back ??
Oh and the problem .... They can't get the Rear Seat Entertainment to work !!!!

2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #491179 Fri Mar 18 2016 12:21am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Christ! They haven't even put any covers on the front seats to protect them from all the tools and junk that they have on them!

If it were me I think that I would be asking for a replacement vehicle or refund, but that's just me.

Good luck buddy, I hope that it gets sorted out one way or another.

Jim

Post #491180 Fri Mar 18 2016 2:49am
DrFox1969

Australia 
Re: Warranty work taken 3 weeks and counting !!

Unnecessary quote removed

That's terrible..............Get in early and send the photos to the dealer and LR customer services. Even if your car comes back with no defects it will add weight to your argument about service standards. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #491182 Fri Mar 18 2016 3:14am
Autobiography

Wow - ebony/ivory and no protective covers. That's very brave considering it's the most impractical choice anyway at the best of times (talking from experience).

I would be rejecting now. It's new and you've been patient enough.

Post #491186 Fri Mar 18 2016 6:43am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

The type of service has no place in a LR dealership Shocked

Why oh why do LRCR allow it Evil or Very Mad

I wouldn't want it back and would want replacement or refund - I tried and failed last time but I should of fought harder. I got 2 year warranty but I lost all confidence and traded it a year later at a big loss Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #491192 Fri Mar 18 2016 8:53am
Fletcher

England 

The standard argument is have you allowed reasonable time for them to fix the problem. The fact your asking us I would think you don't trust the dealer to repair the car to an as new car .
Get into the dealers and politely tell them your not happy with their service and you would like the car replaced or refunded. Your not saying anything that they are not expecting or they haven't heard before.
Good luck

Post #491247 Fri Mar 18 2016 10:12pm
BKHK

Australia 

My 2008 was out of action within 12 months of purchase for 8 weeks. After a huge argument and a lot of negotiation, I was able to get LR to assist me into a new 2009 for no $ (without admitting it was a replacement). But that was a long time ago now.

Post #491253 Fri Mar 18 2016 11:45pm
andman

Guys , Firstly thank you for the overwhelming support ....

Because it's a French spec car bought in the UK ....I have found it incredibly hard and frustrating communicating with anyone at JLR

The guy i'm dealing with in the executive office i'm told does not accept incoming emails and nor does he have an answer phone
Anyone I have spoken to at JLR tries to get me off the phone in quickest possible time ...

I'm going to email CR on this site and put everything down on record as it is time to take a hard line ... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #491328 Sun Mar 20 2016 9:45am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

3 weeks to try and fix RSE Shocked

Definitely get LRCR on this forum involved. Pete helped me on a couple of occasions concerning my last 2 cars. There is a different person (Ryan) attending to this account now but hopefully he should be able to provide the same service. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #491329 Sun Mar 20 2016 9:59am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I found Ryan more helpful than Pete - besides you've nothing to lose Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #491331 Sun Mar 20 2016 10:07am
andman

Thanks fkarim and Muddy ..... Iv'e just written to Ryan and asked him to get my email in front of the correct person....

I've told him I won't be accepting the car back..... Apart from the fact the problem is clearly far bigger than what the car went in for originally ... I am furious that my property has been treated with such disdain .....

Everything is just piled up unprotected on the concrete floor at the side and there was a lot of it stripped out ...

My car WAS immaculate , not so much a hairline scratch on the piano centre console ..... It won't be like that once they've put it back together .......
It'll be a month passed till I know if the most recent parts have worked and frankly I'm not accepting it ... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #491334 Sun Mar 20 2016 10:15am
andman

Got the car back today ...... 5 weeks exactly .... Tbh I haven't the stomach for a fight !!

I'm not exactly sure what was replaced because of the language barrier but the list sounded quite exhaustive !!

The only damage , was the piano black centre console was scratched and scuffed up but I sort of expected that .

The dealer immediately ordered up the new parts ... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #492872 Tue Apr 05 2016 10:25pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I'm glad you have your car back, but will you remain happy by keeping it?
The service you have received is definitely not to the standard any customer or Land Rover should expect, especially the unprotected treatment of your property. That alone Land Rover should follow up and get sorted or remove them IMO.
You should also receive apologies and compensation seeing what you witnessed.
Doesn't give you much faith in their dealerships does it? Crying or Very sad John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #492891 Wed Apr 06 2016 12:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1