RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Guess at depreciation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

bluestone

United Kingdom 
Guess at depreciation

I know this is a pointless excersize, but I am going to ask for the fun of it. Any guesses at what my vehicle will be worth when 3 years old, both as a part exchange, and as a private sale? The car details are as follows:

MY16 HSE
Fuji White
Black fixed panoramic roof
21" diamond turned style 570 wheels
5+2 seating
ebony/cirrus
Colour coded sides, bumper corners, and grill/vents etc.
Surround View Cameras
Rear privacy glass.
Estimated mileage at age 3 years - 30,000

Click image to enlarge
 MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #479997 Mon Nov 16 2015 1:49pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I would guess in three years time the demand would be less than it currently is therefore I would estimate mid to late 40s .

Post #479998 Mon Nov 16 2015 2:04pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

50% of the list price that is was when you bought it (without options). 

Post #480000 Mon Nov 16 2015 2:07pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Can't comment on the new model but my 2013 HSE Black Edition lost 30% from new (list price) when I part exchanged it 2 months ago at 2.5 years old with 19,500 miles. That was the old shape and I was was the 2nd owner so surely a new shape HSE should do better? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #480032 Mon Nov 16 2015 6:14pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Apropos your workshop photo, I think it's a bit early to consider dismantling it for spares just yet Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #480045 Mon Nov 16 2015 7:05pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:
It will be less desireable as its a base model HSE, so expect to lose more than if you had gone dynamic or AB, in 3 years there will be a massive choice out there due to the success of the new model and i believe it will be a buyers market and i think all of us wont get as much as we hoped, but i think the dynamics and AB models will get that bit more.

Sorry but thats just illogical. By definition, the price gap between an AB and a HSE will steadily reduce over the years and therefore the depreciation of an AB is always going to be greater

Post #480084 Mon Nov 16 2015 11:09pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Have to say, I agree with the above post. To give you an example, when my 2010 SE poverty spec was 3 years old I was offered £28k by the dealer, depreciation was only 40% at that point, it certainly didn't lose more as a percentage than an HSE.
Just recently I was offered £21k as a trade in after 5.5 yearS (prices seem to be at £24k in dealers for similar milage/spec)
The new model hasn't made a huge impact on the older model prices,probably due to the new one being much more expensive and is attracting a different type of buyer.

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #480095 Tue Nov 17 2015 7:53am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

If so many second hand buyers will want the dynamic package how come so many new buyers didn't bother with it? 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #480157 Tue Nov 17 2015 8:03pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

I think some options add value and many more don't. It's unlikely that anyone is going to buy a car for the mood lighting, red brake pads or cooled seats but they might pay up for a tow bar, rear seat media or the dynamic pack if they are that way inclined.

Post #480199 Tue Nov 17 2015 11:05pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

DRDILL wrote:
The old models are not a fair comparrison

You are correct there, which is why I quantified my answer buy saying it appeals to a different (new) audience.
I bought mine based on P11D price, and was happy in the knowledge that it was exactly the same car under the body as the rest of the range. The extra gizmos of the HSE or Autobiography didn't interest me (more gadgets means more problems!)
My only worry for L494 owners is that the second hand market doesn't favour expensive (£80k plus) cars. Some of the best bargains second hand are big BMWs/Mercs/Audis etc where you can pick up a 3 year old car for 35/40% of list. I am not suggesting the RRS will be the same, but I would baulk at paying £50k for a 45000 mile Range Rover.

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #480209 Wed Nov 18 2015 12:00am
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Just been offered £56,500 part ex for my Nov 13 Autobiography with a few bits added inc park heat and rear seat entertainment, 30,000 miles. They originally offered £62,500 a couple of weeks ago and then dropped it when I was ready to do the deal. Not impressed and funnily enough didn't do the deal!

Post #480440 Thu Nov 19 2015 10:48pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I sold my Evoque earlier this year to We Buy any Car because they were offering more than the dealer, hard to believe.

The only option they were interested in - and which increased the offer - was the panoramic sunroof. Everything else counted for nothing. It shows that you buy options for your own use, not with an eye to resale. Options may make the car easier to sell but you still lose a shed-load of money on them. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #480443 Thu Nov 19 2015 11:06pm

United Kingdom 

A lot depends on where you are in the country and how good/desparate your dealer is.

Last month we sold our Evoque, dealer offered £5,500 more than We-Buy-Any-Car and they held that offer good from order of the RRS in July to delivery in October. In the end we sold privately for £1500 more than the dealer offered.

Have never been impressed by WBAC but their offers may be different depending on where you are in the UK. Bottom line, try all selling options. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #480468 Fri Nov 20 2015 10:07am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Oh yes, I agree, WBAC are generally poor, not surprising as the cars they buy are either feedstock for auctions or are bought by secondhand dealers and since they both need to make a profit, the price they bid is reduced accordingly. I was just lucky to hit a window where their price was higher than the dealer. They tried to wriggle out of it but I held them to their 7-day commitment and the price fell by £2k the following week.

The dealer wasn't interested in bidding more, I was hardly likely to walk as my SVR was in prospect at the time.

Dealers like young and low mileage cars; mine was 30k miles and 3 years, needed a service and at least two new tyres plus some paintwork to the stonechips on the bonnet, so I was happy enough to move it on. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #480471 Fri Nov 20 2015 10:16am

United Kingdom 

We are both fortunate and sometime not so fortunate that our dealer is the only one for around 250 miles and they always seem to move their stock of used LRs very quickly. Px'd our previous two an FL2 and early Evoque, got a good deal and they never made the forecourt, sold to locals who were waiting for a good clean dealer maintained LR. As we look after our cars and they are below avarage mileage, dog, child and smoker free we usually get a good price. Sold the last Evoque through Gumtree, had three buyers after it from the opposite end of the country - just lucky I guess, hope it holds when we come to move on the RRS or I fear we will loose a lot.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #480480 Fri Nov 20 2015 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>