Hobster

United Kingdom 
1st interactions with aftersales

Going into Harwoods Hove tomorrow for:

Fuel slap fix
AHBA fix
F&R mudguards

Feeling anxious. Confused MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #477798 Sun Oct 25 2015 10:17pm
JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I feel your pain, its always a nerve racking experience Laughing Hope it all goes well for you! I'll no doubt have to do exactly the same trip when mine arrives hopefully next week!

Post #477817 Mon Oct 26 2015 12:16am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Good luck!

Drove ours at night for the first time today. I like the puddle lamps under the mirrors! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #477819 Mon Oct 26 2015 12:24am
Hobster

United Kingdom 

That's the problem with 1st impression... you only get to make 1.

Not been a good day. Evil or Very Mad

Background... I reported he fuel slap just after purchased, booked in with 4 weeks notice to ensure, car provided, parts were in, time to research the job for them etc etc. Plus didn't want to just hand back my brand new car to be tampered with by a dealer so soon.

In the meantime, I added splash guards to minimise road spray and stone chips and the AHBA fix. Popped in to the dealer twice speaking to service personally, ensuring job card was right and knew what they were expecting.

Specifically booked an 08:00 drop off to give em a head start as wanted it back same day, hate leaving cars in workshops as that's whe they get damaged too.

So, InControl tells me car didn't move til about 15:00.... i am hoping this is just beacuse it didn't pick up a move inside the workshop.

Get a call at 17:00 advising car won't be ready this evening and give me options of put back together and book back in OR crack on and finish tomorrow.

I challenge this due to all of the above, to be told the car didn't get started til late due to skilled technician not being available... i refer to the fact i booked i at 8:00, 4 weeks ago to address this?

They advise me they had to diagnose it, to which I called bullshit. It's a JlR known issue with bulletin. They advise 2.5 hour job as tank has to come out.

The guy did to to cheer me up saying splash guards were installed but when I enquired if the AHBA had been done, he was not aware?! I told him to check TOPIX. Now remember, i have been in twice checking this all in advance over the last couple of weeks.

He tells me he will go and research that for me now.

To top it off, I am in a Jaguar XF saloon that is filthy inside for another day now.

Having specifically asked them NOT to wash my car, if they choose to clean it thinking they are doing me a good turn, then blood will be spilled.

I really hate dealers, they just don't show a slightest degree of care or seem to understand the impact to the customer by their ineptitude. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #477883 Mon Oct 26 2015 6:45pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think you need to take this up with the DP/ General Manager at the dealership and also register the complaint with LRCS, naming the dealership and relating the full saga. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #477888 Mon Oct 26 2015 7:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Your post Hobster is exactly my experience to every single dealer I've ever dealt with, they drive me absolutely up the wall .... It's just simple things yet they come out with what has to be the best BS I've ever heard every time! Like in your case, you booked it in over 4 weeks in advance and checked everything over with them before hand explaining that you wanted the said "experienced technician" to work on it yet this has happened.... It just defies belief! I can almost guarantee that they didn't start working on it until 15:00 when inControl reported it moved for the first time!

Post #477894 Mon Oct 26 2015 7:47pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Yep all too familiar I'm afraid.

Mine went it and the in-car camera showed it on the ramp for an hour (great view of mechanic reading paper and drinking coffee even though cameras are in full view!!) - not raised and not worked on! Was driven out an hour later. Parked for another hour then washed.

I'd specifically said DO NOT WASH. They then tried to say they'd given me a complementary 4-wheel alignment check.

I down-loaded the video from the cameras and sent it to their DP- they didn't even have the good sense to acknowledge they'd been caught out and tried to say the invoice was printed wrong, 'cause this was supposed to have been an offer on older cars !!

I now trust no-one - I even put Tipex in odd spots; sad indeed.

Post #477898 Mon Oct 26 2015 7:56pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Land rover dealers, what a incompetent arseholes they are. Censored SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #477900 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:07pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Welcome to the "Land Rover Experience" lol

Last edited by jim4244 on Mon Oct 26 2015 8:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #477907 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:38pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I have a feeling its misplaced arrogance. It seems as if they believe they know best, they are used to selling high priced products and operate in this bubble of b***s**t where £50k is everyday and £100k is quite common.

I guess, to a technician their self esteem is based on their assumption that we need their expertise and so an owner's opinion is just the noise of the ignorant.

Its not helped by JLR who also, (wild generalisation) seem to immediately go on the defense /denial creating a them and us situation where pragmatism and simple logic get sidelined.

There are good technicians and good dealerships but I suspect they have to buck and fight the 'system' to stay that way.

Post #477908 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:38pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Once you find a decent dealership you will be fine. I have 3 dealerships all equidistant from me, Marshalls Bedford, Stratstones Milton Keynes and Guy Salmon Northampton.

Over the years I used Marshalls and Stratstones for buying and servicing. However after experiencing poor customer service and below standard servicing and technical back up, I now use Guy Salmon.

Nothing is too much trouble and the customer service goes above and beyond. It is a shame that Land Rover do not use them as a model in customer satisfaction.

Jim

Post #477909 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:45pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

OP's experience sounds familiar to me. Ridgeway at Oxford and Guy Salmon at Stratford both messed me around; Ridgeway are useless - although the guys on the desk try hard, the guys in the workshop seem to all be apprentices on their first day at the job! Guy Salmon gave me the same "waiting for the experienced technician" guff when they had my TDV8 in for some warranty work. They also failed to provide the loan car arranged - so I ended up paying Enterprise for a couple of days.

LR dealerships are generally rubbish - go to a decent indie who will care and charge less in to the bargain. Having had my vehicle damaged at Ridgeway (steering rack damaged when body removed/replaced) I now use an indie. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #477915 Mon Oct 26 2015 9:40pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I can't believe Jaguar and Land Rover are part of the same group. The best customer service I have ever received from a main dealer has been with Jaguar!! The ownership experience of my XKR was the best I have ever had - period! The dealer was Amersham.

My RRS is booked in to Burnham (Slough) next week - hoping for good service!

Post #477923 Mon Oct 26 2015 10:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Sadly this is not uncommon as others have also said Sad On one occasion when I checked the dash cam footage after my previous car was returned to me, I found the car to be parked in their storage area during the time they had repeatedly claimed to be "ploughing on with a lengthy repair" Rolling Eyes When they eventually did do the job they kept creating one problem after another. I had warned them specifically about that sort of thing beforehand. All this was despite me trying to create a sense of urgency by telling them right at the beginning that I was taking the car on holiday in a few days time. Every problem I tried to pre-empt, still occurred anyway Banging Head The final issue was sorted just 18 hours before our departure Mad

My car is going back for AHBA and seat leather quality issue next month and I plan to remind them a week before so they can arrange for the upholsterer in advance rather than waking up when they get the car. Don't want to leave the car there any longer than necessary, especially as they don't have a loan car for me this time Big Cry Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #477933 Mon Oct 26 2015 11:00pm
jasons

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

drdelrrs wrote:
I have a feeling its misplaced arrogance. It seems as if they believe they know best, they are used to selling high priced products and operate in this bubble of b***s**t where £50k is everyday and £100k is quite common.

I guess, to a technician their self esteem is based on their assumption that we need their expertise and so an owner's opinion is just the noise of the ignorant.

Its not helped by JLR who also, (wild generalisation) seem to immediately go on the defense /denial creating a them and us situation where pragmatism and simple logic get sidelined.

There are good technicians and good dealerships but I suspect they have to buck and fight the 'system' to stay that way.

This is so true of my experience at Harwoods in Coulsdon when I bought my Evoque.

The prep was poor, panel damage and trim that fell off in two days- for the missing trim I was told that someone must have stolen it as it wouldn't just fall off. They quibbled over it being a warranty issue and when they did relent I confirmed the colour of the car and they said they would let me know when it was ready to collect.

Nothing for two weeks so when I chased they said that I hadn't confirmed the colour and we're waiting on me, it's not like they could look it up on their own system!

DP was involved, along with LR customer services and it did get sorted but I told them I would never set foot in there again.

Their attitude was so poor, I paid 40k outright for the Evoque, it may not be much to them, but it was to me! but when they don't have to try and sell these cars it does create an air of absolute arrogance, because if you don't buy it, there's the next one in the queue who will.

Conversely, after owning several Lexus the CS was outstandingly good..

J 2012 RRS HSE. Firenze Red.

Post #477946 Tue Oct 27 2015 8:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>