RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > It's about time we talked about the positives of the RRS 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

It's positively expensive Laughing

i Still wouldn't have any other SUV...!! Shocked 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #477622 Sat Oct 24 2015 12:37pm
parish

United Kingdom 

Careful chaps, at this rate you'll be persuading me to order one...

Seriously, this has really helped balance out the perception of the RRS2 for me so thank you - and bravo BoldlyGo !

Post #477664 Sat Oct 24 2015 8:18pm
chemistry guy

Belgium 

Dear all,...parish,

I had a Jaguar XF 2.7D , Jaguar XF-S 3.0D, Jaguar XJ SWB 3.0D, Jaguar XJL LWB 3.0D (all full option cars).
So these 4 cars are my direct reference. I know...not SUV's, but that is secondary here.
All the Jag's had that extra British "Sense of Occasion" and special driving experience. This RRS has this too.
When I compare this car with the rest I had the last 9 years, the RRS is at number one!
Other SUV's are far more sterile and do not have that chemistry Wink .
Honestly...they also do not have that real 4x4 heritage like a Range Rover!
Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
 MY2015 RRS SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Corris Grey, Santorini Black Roof, Ebony/Pimento interior, 22 inch Hawke Chayton

Post #477703 Sun Oct 25 2015 5:27am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Re fkarim's comment re the gear box it is remarkable how un noticeable the changes are. Did a hundred miles yesterday up to Bicester (cost me a handbag - again! ), just a glorious quiet drive. Got out the car as fresh as a daisy too.

Had a chance to do a sport mode racing start using paddles to start in first - one hell of a kick ! P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Last edited by BoldlyGo on Sun Oct 25 2015 6:57pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #477741 Sun Oct 25 2015 1:33pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Unlike RRS1 my RRS2 so far has not been referred to as the chariot of choice of drug dealers, criminals,2nd rate (or even Premiership) footballers or the Wilmslow Wagon of Cheshire wives' choice.......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #477753 Sun Oct 25 2015 3:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I always thought of the RRS1 as a bit footballers wives but the RRS2 doesn't seem to have that. It seems a well respected luxury car. At least that is the reaction I have had so far. A success story for JLR methinks. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #477777 Sun Oct 25 2015 8:03pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Today for the first time I sat in the rear seats of my RRS2 and its just as comfortable as the front seats.
Also,
Very cleaver surround camera system
Head up display that really works and visible in any light.
Diesel engine that's very quiet but when pushed sounds nice as well (SDV6)
Brakes that provides 'in control' feeling and makes it so easy to bring the 2 ton to standstill.
Terrain Response - lot of other makers are trying hard to copy this but none works better then LR - looking forward for snow to enjoy the GGS (Grass,Gavel,Snow) mode.
Adaptive Head lights and High Beam Assist , makes night driving so much easier and enjoyable.

Thumbs Up

Post #477779 Sun Oct 25 2015 8:16pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

BoldlyGo wrote:
Did a hundred miles yesterday up to Bicester (cost me a handbag - again! ), just a glorious quiet drive. Got out the car as fresh as a daisy too.

Also did a 100 mile return trip today, thankfully not to Bicester, crossing the 1,000 mile mark in the process. On our way back the sat nav took as via the A5 rather than the (usually) more sensible M1. After the Mrs. finished cursing the "stupid" sat nav she checked Google maps and found large sections of the M1 in red. It was a slow route but would have been much worse if we had taken the M1 all the way. I know we complain about the infotainment system quite a bit here but it does sometimes do the right thing Laughing Even my previous Sport on at least two occasions took us via quicker routes than my brother's 64 plate 5 Series which has the higher spec (business or whatever it's called) infotainment package.

When we did join the M1, it was still very busy with constantly changing speed. I let ACC do all the hard work and just sat back relaxed. A blessing after an active and tiring day! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #477790 Sun Oct 25 2015 9:22pm
Fletcher

England 

We had our first day out in ours today . No rattles , bumps , gaps , smells , knocks or slaps . The car performed well with all six of us sat in comfort , the rear seat entertainment is easy to use , the Bluetooth worked well connecting my phone each time I entered the car . Overall I'm impressed, none of the issues I was dreading.
The car really stood out in the car park at lunch , lots of Mercedes, bmw and Audi drivers in great cars looking a little envious at the Range Rovers .

Post #477791 Sun Oct 25 2015 9:31pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

I did a 160 mile round trip to attend a party in Derby and also crossed the 1000mile mark today. Such a pleasurable journey for so many reasons, and what a sight it was the see the envious jaws drop of friends and relatives. Aside from supercars there are very few motors which can create this reaction.

The journey was smooth as silk, and we achieved a very respectable 31mpg. In addition it was the first journey using the third row seats, and my 2 year old had no complaints whatsoever being all alone in the back.

I am really looking forward to doing long journeys in this vehicle which is where the car really comes into its own. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #477795 Sun Oct 25 2015 10:12pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Forgot to mention RPH earlier ... used the remote key fob 10 minutes prior to setting off this morning. Very warm and cozy cabin on departure and no smoke or smell as it wasn't the first use of the season. As we were quite far from the car in the evening, outside the FBH remote key fob range, I used the InControl Remote app to turn the heating on 20 minutes before returning to the car. We were looking forward to it after spending all day outdoors and were not disappointed by the warm welcome when we opened the doors Cool I have noticed RPH in RRS2 warms the car up much quicker and much more than my RRS1. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #477797 Sun Oct 25 2015 10:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

One more nice thing: Fuel consumption is good enough that I can do an eight hour drive to London at pretty high speeds without having to worry about fuel range even though the tank is somewhat smaller than the previous RRS's and FFRR's and I do drive this one harder than any previous car barring the TVR I owned years ago! It is great to arrive at the end of a drive to London with more than a ¼ tank remaining! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #477804 Sun Oct 25 2015 10:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

fkarim wrote:
Forgot to mention RPH earlier ... used the remote key fob 10 minutes prior to setting off this morning. Very warm and cozy cabin on departure and no smoke or smell as it wasn't the first use of the season. As we were quite far from the car in the evening, outside the FBH remote key fob range, I used the InControl Remote app to turn the heating on 20 minutes before returning to the car. We were looking forward to it after spending all day outdoors and were not disappointed by the warm welcome when we opened the doors Cool I have noticed RPH in RRS2 warms the car up much quicker and much more than my RRS1.

I can see me barely using the FBH Remote Key Fob with the ability to use the app, its not something else to carry on you and one I'm really looking forward to! Great to hear its heating the car much quicker than the RRS1 as mine does struggle a bit when it gets cold to heat it up before it gets cut off!

Post #477816 Mon Oct 26 2015 12:11am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

The app takes a long time to contact the car and update status (not just for RPH but for everything), as confirmed by others too on a separate thread. With the remote it is instantaneous so I prefer to use it when in range. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #477822 Mon Oct 26 2015 7:23am
rangiejools

Australia 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
One more nice thing: Fuel consumption is good enough that I can do an eight hour drive to London at pretty high speeds without having to worry about fuel range even though the tank is somewhat smaller than the previous RRS's and FFRR's and I do drive this one harder than any previous car barring the TVR I owned years ago! It is great to arrive at the end of a drive to London with more than a ¼ tank remaining!

At least the RRS2 doesn't try and kill you like a TVR will.. I had 2 TVRs and both of them tried to kill me on many occasions! SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #477825 Mon Oct 26 2015 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>