RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Welcome to RRSPORT.CO.UK - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 275 of 380 <123 ... 274275276 ... 378379380>

duncmc

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

Hi Everyone.

Saying Hello. I will hopefully pick up my Range Rover Sport on Saturday 3rd October. It is an early one in Tonga Green, chassis no 148. Registered 1/1/2005, and I think it was a Dealer Demo car for the launch. I will hopefully be able to prove that soon.

This will be my first sport, but I have had a couple of D3's and lots of other LandRovers of various sorts.

This one will be my fourth Range Rover. Currently I also have a 1993 Classic SE which is nearing the end of a restoration, and a pre production P38a that I will start restoring once the Classic is finished.

When I test drove the Sport, it certainly is a lovely car! Can't wait to get it.

Duncan

Post #474871 Wed Sep 30 2015 7:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Seeing as they went on sale in late May 2005 I think you may have a pre-production RRS if it was registered on first Jan 2005! Worth keeping in good nick as it could be rather rare....... if it is also a 4.4S/C then it will be one of only about 6 ever built too. Yes you read that right, there were a few 4.4V8 S/C's built to evaluate the long term strength of the engine when supercharged............. for production it was sleeved down to 4.2lts 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #474881 Wed Sep 30 2015 8:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
duncmc

Yes. The thinking is that is a pre production car.

Just got to get definite proof. According to my info so far, it's build date was 7/12/2004, and it was first registered on 1/1/2005. It has a Birmingham registration, but was then sent up to Williams LandRover in Hulme Manchester and they were the registered keepers until 1/02/2006. I am only it's third owner.

I spoke to Williams LandRover yesterday, and they say that it was already registered when it arrived with them, so I suspect that it was registered by the factory in Birmingham and sent out as a dealer demo car for the launch. It may also have been a press car, but I have no evidence for that yet. I have more investigation work to do yet.

The car is a diesel, so not the 4.4, but the 2.7. It is certainly in very good nick. And it's got a full dealer history, which is amazing too.

The car will be at future shows with the CVC Register of which I am a member.

Post #474886 Wed Sep 30 2015 8:37pm
Tim in Scotland

If you contact Pete@LandRover ( he's our link with Land Rover Customer Services) on here with your VIN and details of the car then he may well be able to give you the car's full history. You need 5 posts to use the PM system but he also has phone and email details. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #474892 Wed Sep 30 2015 9:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
duncmc

Thank you for that.

I will do that once I have picked the car up, and built up a few more posts.

Cheers.

Post #474911 Thu Oct 01 2015 6:53am
Highside

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Newby

Good Morning all, just purchased a RRS 2005 Supercharged in Black.

The site looks great, already looking at the vast amount of information in these parts, looking forward to a long involvement with RRS's and the site!

Rob

Post #475125 Sat Oct 03 2015 10:15am
CANROVER

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Hi All,

New to British cars and excited to learn more. Originally a German car guy.. Having a few issues with my RRS S/C 5.0 and hoping I can get some help here Smile

Cheers

Canrover

Post #475189 Sat Oct 03 2015 9:47pm
T333WHT

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Well after owning my range rover sport 2005 hse for 5 months thought I'd join some of you guys on here as I'm on the Facebook groups bought mine standard slowly modifying it.
Hopefully be getting lots advance when need it.

Post #475286 Sun Oct 04 2015 7:55pm
Martinl320

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

After a couple of false starts now registered.

Name is Martin, live St Albans, Herts

Reason for being here is my 2010 Buckingham Blue HSE RRS TDV8

Owned a late P38 for the last 8 or so years but she's (reluctantly) now gone to a new home!

Kept my Blackbox MSV2 though and licensed for the L320. Have already managed to activate Timed Climate Function ... But have also upset a number of other minor settings! Embarassed

Would be glad to hear of others with experience ... Needless to say it's a more complex beast than the P38!

Martin

Post #475371 Mon Oct 05 2015 3:46pm
Wilson

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
New member soon to be an owner

Hey all, just got the funds to buy my first RRS and as with every car I own I look for a good forum.

I was originally after a TDV8 however I'm now leaning towards a tdv6 just because I hate paying high car tax, I'm of the understanding a remapped tdv6 is just about bearable, And I'm really looking for comfort over speed otherwise I'd buy another M3. also there are plenty more tdv6s in my price range 12-14k

I would be interested to read other people's thoughts on 2.7's and remaps

Anyway, hope to spend many hours on here reading

Thanks
Marc Wilson

Post #475535 Tue Oct 06 2015 9:28pm
Streffie

Newby

Hi all, don't have a rrs but have a disco 4, hope I'm welcome Embarassed

Post #475803 Thu Oct 08 2015 10:27pm
Wilson

Re: New member soon to be an owner

Wilson wrote:
Hey all, just got the funds to buy my first RRS and as with every car I own I look for a good forum.

I was originally after a TDV8 however I'm now leaning towards a tdv6 just because I hate paying high car tax, I'm of the understanding a remapped tdv6 is just about bearable, And I'm really looking for comfort over speed otherwise I'd buy another M3. also there are plenty more tdv6s in my price range 12-14k

I would be interested to read other people's thoughts on 2.7's and remaps

Anyway, hope to spend many hours on here reading

Thanks
Marc Wilson

Picking up my TDV8 on Saturday Smile

Post #475809 Fri Oct 09 2015 12:17am
Tim in Scotland

Congratulations Wilson, so the tax wasn't too much of a burden? Tell us all some more about it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #475814 Fri Oct 09 2015 9:03am
robinfbrown

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

hello all
so yesterday after a long 4 week wait off shore i finally got home and picked up my RRS Supercharged Autobiography on a 10 plate.
i have to admit i was very excited driving back down the m6 and almost had a little wee Wink
couple of small niggles nothing major - the ali on the side steps is tarnished ( any ideas on cleaning it or is it an eBay job ?) and there is a very small amount of condensation in the front lights - again any ideas ?
must dash, need to visit the petrol station ...again Surprised
cheers robin

Post #475904 Sat Oct 10 2015 7:55am
Wilson

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Congratulations Wilson, so the tax wasn't too much of a burden? Tell us all some more about it

Thankfully the £700 I knocked the seller down by has made the tax not so annoying, at least for 12 months anyhow! It just bugs me that my mate has an older 4.4 petrol vogue and pays nearly half the tax I'm now paying!

I'm loving the car though, I'm fussy with bodywork and interior cleanliness and condition, little imperfections really annoy me, but I'm very happy with this one, Seems to have all extras other than sunroof and dvd! What is strange though is it has the rear entertainment controls in the rear doors, has anyone else had this without rear screens!!

Post #476051 Sun Oct 11 2015 6:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 275 of 380 <123 ... 274275276 ... 378379380>