Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > tdv6 performance egr removal and decat kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

ForgedV

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
tdv6 performance egr removal and decat kit

Afternoon all,

Has anyone ever fitted one of these from eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261440788861?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

I'm looking at getting a bit more noise from the exhaust system and I've read up on here about getting decats, also quite a few people have removed there center silencers totally? Is this whats included in the above eBay link as there description has "Remove the power restricting and vulnerable centre silencer and fit a Terrafirma free flowing silencer replacement pipe and enjoy the new throaty exhaust sound".

I am new to the ownership of Range Rovers and havent yet had a chance to properly investigate beneath so some help in the above would be appreciated Thumbs Up .

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Post #469330 Mon Aug 03 2015 3:36pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

I have a de-cat pipe fitted and the EGRs blanked. IIRC, I read that the fit of the Terrafirma de-cat pipe is awful, but then my Allisport one was supposed to be spot on, but it wasn't...

The pipe shown only removes the catalytic converter. This produces the greatest performance increase (not much though), but minimal increased sound (slight whistle from the turbo). Removing the centre/rear silencers is the other way round - lots more noise, virtually no extra power. If you want real noise, you need to remove the centre/rear or both silencers. NB: Removing the cat is now an MOT failure if it is noticed - ones that look like a real cat are available to help here. Wink

EGR blanking: One of the best things you can do. It doesn't increase power above the factory spec, but it removes a common failure point on the TDV6, and, stops dirty air being shoved back through the engine. Fuel economy may improve a little (or more, if the valves are already failing). Effectively, ther are no downsides. Smile

If you want extra power, a remap will get you the most, an uprated intercooler a fair amount (best done before a remap), and the de-cat/full exhaust system is the last little bit. I haven't bothered with the silencer removal, as I'm not after noise, but I have the rest. Mr. Green

Silicone intercooler hoses are also a good idea. Wink

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #469333 Mon Aug 03 2015 4:23pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

A remap is the bit that will give you the biggest performance increase. I can do this for you if you are interested. Although if you fill in the profile fully, it will help us know what variant you have, so trying to remove the guesswork. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #469351 Mon Aug 03 2015 6:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Ian, it's 2005, as I checked from his previous thread. Wink

Rich, as Bodsy says, in future, it might save time if you fill in your profile. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #469352 Mon Aug 03 2015 7:03pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Remap and egr blank. Thumbs Up
Then move onto the exhaust rear box removal for straight pipes Wink Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #469353 Mon Aug 03 2015 7:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

No cat, and no centre silencer on a TDV6

Thumbs Up

Post #469360 Mon Aug 03 2015 8:00pm
ForgedV

Thanks for the replies, where is everyone purchasing the unsilenced exhaust pipes from? I dont fancy cutting mine up purely for re-sale in the future putting everything back to oem.

I'll get onto filling out my profile...

Excuse my ignorance but I'm still new to the RRS ownership, where exactly are the good sites for performance parts? Are we talking a big FMIC with hard pipes etc where the bumpers will need cutting? Or just a thicker core oem sized intercooler?

If so I'd look into getting all performance parts fitted before a remap to make the most of the mods.

Thanks

Rich

Post #469399 Tue Aug 04 2015 8:48am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Mikey's RS500 intercooler:

Click image to enlarge

Vs standard:

It takes a little modification to fit, plus some pipe reducers, but it's much cheaper than the Allisport version (which I have) which is a direct fit. Both still fit behind the bumper. Around £120 on Ebay, IIRC. Thumbs Up

Griffin do an exhaust system for the D3/RRS. My de-cat pipe was an Allisport one, bought in a group buy a while ago. Wink

Post #469402 Tue Aug 04 2015 9:13am
ForgedV

I've just checked on the allisport website at there FMIC, was yours supplied with all the pipe work too?

Post #469404 Tue Aug 04 2015 10:04am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Got mine from Brookwell at trade price. Previously, there was a pricing error, and Britpart (who also market it) were selling them for thell that they were buying them for; this is why I was going to buy it, but, most annoyingly (not that I can blame them!), it was noticed and corrected Big Cry but I decided to go for it anyway!

I bought silicone hoses at the same time, but there's no extra pipework required to fit it. Smile

It is much cheaper to go for the RS500 one though, even with all things taken into account...

Post #469406 Tue Aug 04 2015 10:30am
ForgedV

I'll keep my eye out for an intercooler on eBay in that case, or possibly bite the bullet for a new one further down the line.

I've just been in contact with a local powerflow dealer about a custom exhaust for mine, I've said about removing the center silencer and rear silencer for straight pipes that I can put my Hawke exhaust tips onto. Would it be too loud with a decat fitted too?

I'm booked in for Saturday for them to take a look at it as I dont want the standard silencers cut out for straight pipes purely for the re-sale effect & trying to source another oem exhaust to replace it.

Post #469438 Tue Aug 04 2015 5:06pm
ForgedV

Also can someone double check my profile is viewable, I've filled in the model, year, colour etc..

Thanks
Rich

Post #469439 Tue Aug 04 2015 5:07pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Vehicle profile is good. Wink

Exhaust noise wise, I don't imagine the de-cat would increase it too much even with the silencers removed. The main thing would be whether you want to loose all the silencers, or just the centre/rear. Some people find it too loud with them all gone. Performance silencers are another consideration, which could provide an intermediate effect. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #469440 Tue Aug 04 2015 5:27pm
darrenmcneill

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

Lost for Words wrote:
Mikey's RS500 intercooler:

It takes a little modification to fit, plus some pipe reducers, but it's much cheaper than the Allisport version (which I have) which is a direct fit. Both still fit behind the bumper. Around £120 on Ebay, IIRC. Thumbs Up

Griffin do an exhaust system for the D3/RRS. My de-cat pipe was an Allisport one, bought in a group buy a while ago. Wink

Thumbs Up

What level of modification is required to get this to fit? Just looked online and you can get the RS500 intercooler for £109 at the min. 2006 HSE for Sale - £7,499 (Manchester)
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46383.html

Post #469443 Tue Aug 04 2015 6:09pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

It needs some trimming (will have to leave it to Mikey to be more specific), and the pipe reducers. Some custom brackets might be a good idea, but it can be wedged in well anyway. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #469445 Tue Aug 04 2015 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>