Home > General (L494) > Vehicle Excahnge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I wont sell it with a clear head to someone else,

that I happily pass back to the dealer for the hassle None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467129 Fri Jul 10 2015 11:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

RRSman wrote:
I know this is probably controversial advice but why not just sell up and cash your monies....demand is still pretty high for these cars right now with nearly new cars still selling above list Shocked

That just let's the dealer off the hook and passes the problem on Shocked

Few years back I could of offloaded my nightmare MY10 but wouldn't do that and I traded so lost a load of money but at least I slept with a clear conscience at night Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #467130 Fri Jul 10 2015 11:12am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Sell it to a dealer! Im sure many are on the look out for good used stock Smile

Post #467131 Fri Jul 10 2015 11:15am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ady 555 wrote:
Shocked This is a good thread for Muddywheels to get his teeth in to.... Laughing
Knock knock, Muddy, where are you???

Told you. Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #467133 Fri Jul 10 2015 11:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I did an exchange on an early MY10 - one of the first of the production line which was a complete lemon. It was extremely painful - and yes your contract is with the dealer although in my case I understand both LR and the dealer shared the cost of the exchange. Had the dealer done a PDI it would never have left the showroom!

It took three months to negotiate by which time the 3.6TDV8 had gone out of production so I spec'd a TDV6 to be identical - apart from the engine obviously - and drove around in the lemon or a loaner in the interim. The lead time on the replacement car was weeks - all parties were incentivised to get moving. Drove old car in and replacement out - no cash - just a straight exchange.

PM me if you want more details

Post #467164 Fri Jul 10 2015 4:38pm
BKHK

Australia 

I was "assisted" into a new car in 2009 by LR Australia after lots of problems on a new car. It amounted to a very generous trade in and a discount on a new RRS with a better spec. Cost of change to me was zero. I agree with Muddy, having finance can help to apply pressure.

Post #467189 Sat Jul 11 2015 12:23am
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Well,

went to dealers to return unused new parts today, took Service manager, Head foreman out in Rejected car,

Drove like a slug, did not change down gears and sport mode was hopeless, normal drive drove better.

took them out in the LR provided same drive train FFRR and they went very quite, told you cant compare non like for like!!.

back to dealers out in exactly same build run chassis coded same drive train engine size , for sale motor!!

Surprise it performed the same as the FFRR!!!!!, verdict my Sport is not correctly working or fixed, thus I confirmed rejection of the car!!!.

only good thing from today was a instant refund from the parts department!!

on a another good note, drove to Elgin to Frank Ogg dealer, soon to become John Clark owned.......... test drove a information supplied, sales agent description exact, sales agent drove and gave me a true honest report on the vehicle and condition,

after test drive deal done and picking up on Thursday next week, one pleasure of a car experience and a quality car without any gremlins!!!

Wife now driving a Evogue Dynamic Lux in Frenzia Red with black roof and pamramic roof, full leather and almost every toy on the car.

None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467234 Sat Jul 11 2015 7:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12