Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > front parking sensor inactive message coming up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

vam17hel

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
front parking sensor inactive message coming up

Hi all,
Can anyone throw some light on this problem its been fine since bumper job until a few days ago and starting getting this message. i got out the multimeter and have feeds and earth to both sides of main plug and same at sensors ,i cant get a ticking noise as it seem system has shut down is there a way of checking sensor output wire signal or am i looking at an ecu fault.Rear sensors seem to b ok although not sure, just getting long tone on selecting reverse then that stops and light on switch flashes and message comes up.Any ideas lads Confused

Post #464051 Mon Jun 08 2015 4:05pm
PEACHY

England 

Pretty sure you will find its a front sensor or two - causing the issues Big Cry they don't last forever & are battered daily by the elements Sad

You can have the fault codes read which may pinpoint the exact location - IMO - it's a bumper off job - not hard but the fixings corrode causing problems ;( 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #464052 Mon Jun 08 2015 4:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
vam17hel

Yeah i,m thinking i,ll try sensors first you can get them on ebay cheap and it was all ok before i did the bumper spoiler so easy to remove bumper again and you know its always the same ok till you touch it .thanks for advise [/b]

Post #464055 Mon Jun 08 2015 4:36pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

If it was ok before you did the bumper spoiler, then I reckon you've disturbed or caught some wires. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #464056 Mon Jun 08 2015 4:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
vam17hel

no all ok mate just took bumper off again this morning to check all the plug on sensors so did a continuity test on harness and main plug all ok sure its sensors so just order 4 i think it might be all the sanding and pulling about knackered one or more its been playing about for a few days now Confused

Post #464058 Mon Jun 08 2015 4:52pm
vam17hel

All sorted 4 new front sensors of ebay bumper back on started it up 1 sec beep light on and all back to normal chuffed to f Censored and no where near a main dealer Thumbs Up While i'm on the guy that posted about sensor problem in tech section i dont know what fuse you took out but the one marked parking sensor and tyre pressure mon, if you remove that car wont start and gearbox fault (F in display) comes on and message saying limited gears available so this is not a good idea luckily arn up the road seemed to reset this.

Post #464680 Mon Jun 15 2015 7:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1