RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dented my door and denies it - way forward?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Kerveunten

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear about this...hope you get it sorted!

Had a similar problem myself a while back. Happily wandering round a supermarket when the tannoy called out 'can the owner of..report to the helpdesk'. off i trot to find a nice chap who said he'd seen my vehicle be hit by someone, who got out, looked at the dent in the side of my car and then drove of to park elsewhere in the car park. Luckily he saw it and was that angry for me (he had a nice Porsche so liked his cars...) he took note of where they parked and gave me his details if i needed a witness. Now, I'm not a small chap so when the ne'er do well came out and found me sat on the bonnet of his car i think it is fair to say he s Censored t himself and propmptly owned up!

Its just the bare faced cheek and scant disregard for other peoples hard work and property that really got me annoyed....just another thing wrong with society......rant, rant, whinge,whinge! RRS 2.7TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver....no mods...yet!
Porsche Boxter 2.7, Lapis Blue (Gone & missed)
Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0, silver (gone and in a masochistic way, still missed...but i should know better)

Post #273266 Fri Aug 06 2010 6:26pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Was it a supermarket car park if so deemed private property and normally a pain to get anybody to act.
this is exactly the reason why i park over 2 bays so that people do not dink my car.

Post #273298 Sat Aug 07 2010 7:49am
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

ah but then you could get people thinking you're arrogant and keying the car to make their point!

Post #273331 Sat Aug 07 2010 6:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

sorry to hear about this

Post #273337 Sat Aug 07 2010 10:32pm
scott7

Scotland 

Fit the land rover rubbing kit, it's a four piece trim kit that fits to the doors just where a car door could hit, I fitted one and it actually looks good on a black car, not ideal but better than a seven hundred pound repair bill.

Post #273389 Mon Aug 09 2010 6:53am
jimbo198o

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bali Blue

Only one way to discribe these people, Charlie Uniform November TangoS! Makes you want to take the law into your own hands. Alternativly you should have used your Range Rover to drive straight over them as it was only a Clio would have been like driving over a small stone!

Post #273396 Mon Aug 09 2010 8:30am
flybouy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Try this for a solution.....

I saw an ad for this while awake in the middle of the night in the US.
http://doordefender.com/ddstore/index.php I like the pink one... Whistle Never argue with an idiot as he will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

Post #273927 Sun Aug 15 2010 10:46pm
HarryD

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Marc,

I know this is an old post but I am new to the forum (and a new RRS owner) and I sympathise with you. Had mine three weeks and have tried to find wider spaces in car parks but not possible today. Sure enough I returned to the car to see the car next to me had parked quite close. "I expect he's dented my car", I thought... and, yes, of course he had. He will deny it; I cannot prove it (although there was no dent when I left it this morning, he couldn't have got out without pushing his door against mine, and the dent was on the arc of his door swing...)

It's just a fact of life that people like you and me take care not to open our doors onto other cars in car parks. And people like them habitually dent every car they park next to (and yet, amazingly their cars are never damaged).

They are more to be pitied than scolded as they are simply idiots.

Post #462352 Tue May 19 2015 6:26pm
azz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

You really did bring up an old post...

Similar thing happened to me. Parked at work, went out to lunch and there's a jag XJ about 6 inches from the side of the car. I know the owner, he's an 'oversized' senior manager and I could clearly see where his door opened on mine. Figured that I'd cause more grief moaning about it and just have to accept that's life, some people don't care about their cars (or others) like we do 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6 - Bali Blue / Ivory Leather / Extended Leather / TV / Rear Entertainment / Privacy Glass / Timed Climate
Mods - 21" Style 101 Alloys / Sidesteps / De-badged Rear / LED Lighting / Autobiography Grill & Vents / Remote FBH w/GPS

Post #462397 Tue May 19 2015 10:57pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

When i had an L200, this seem to happen to me all the time. For some reason, people don't like L200's and think it is ok for them to swing their car doors open on to my motor. Even though as always i try and find the safest place to park in a car park. On this particular day i was sat in my vehicle waiting for the Mrs when a car pulled up beside me, and it had kids in the back of it. I thought oh no Shocked So i wound down my window to let the occupants know that i was sat in my car, and hopefully they might take more care getting out of theirs. Dink Shocked Another dent in my door. Mr. Green So i confronted the driver, who was not in the slightest interested that his child had just dented my door, so i thought, let it go, as soon has he was out of sight, i let all of his tyres down. I felt much better after that. Thumbs Up

Post #462430 Wed May 20 2015 10:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Laughing

Post #462431 Wed May 20 2015 10:42am
azz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Nice one Ady! I'll remember that for next time 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6 - Bali Blue / Ivory Leather / Extended Leather / TV / Rear Entertainment / Privacy Glass / Timed Climate
Mods - 21" Style 101 Alloys / Sidesteps / De-badged Rear / LED Lighting / Autobiography Grill & Vents / Remote FBH w/GPS

Post #462496 Wed May 20 2015 7:30pm
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Always carry a valve removing tool

Dent =4 flat tyres with no valves😁 None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462505 Wed May 20 2015 8:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RogerDeFlor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Sounds like an excellent reason to have the side setps fitted, and park in "off-road" height, if ever I heard of one Thumbs Up

Post #462545 Thu May 21 2015 8:41am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

rrsboy wrote:
i happened to be in the car park and witnessed the whole thing. PM me.

There marc at least you have a witness . MTFERS. Wink SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #462654 Fri May 22 2015 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>