RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Autobiography kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Si-W85

Autobiography kit

Hi I'm sure some will have done this already so hopefully will be able to help, I am wanting to put the Autobiography kit on my 2006 S/C I have seen some advertised with wings but unsure as to what is different about them, also some come with front grill to look like the 2010 will these fit with standard front lights or will they need to be changed? Any other tips or hidden things that need to be done would be much appreciated, will add one of the kits I have found so maybe someone can tell me if there is anything else that will be needed to fit Bow down

Post #458834 Sat Apr 11 2015 4:26pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi you'll require the wings ( top picture ) also the centre picture which has the bumpers grills etc. if your looking for the 2010 then the LED lights will fit as you will be replacing the front wings. Thumbs Up

Post #458858 Sat Apr 11 2015 7:52pm
Si-W85

Thanks for the reply Thumbs Up can I ask for what reason are the wings required is it to fit the new bumper? Also are the 2010 lights slightly different shape, if that is the case I will have to buy them to fit the Autobiography kit wouldn't I? Or if that kit is designed to fit my existing headlights I'm wondering if I will have to change something when I do get round to doing the headlights. Hope that makes sense Confused

Post #458859 Sat Apr 11 2015 7:57pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

You will need the wings to fit the new LED style lights. If you just require the bumpers you will only need the bumpers not the wings. Thumbs Up

Post #458860 Sat Apr 11 2015 8:00pm
Si-W85

Ah right ok I see thanks Thumbs Up

Last edited by Si-W85 on Sun Apr 12 2015 6:56am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #458861 Sat Apr 11 2015 8:04pm
s1ras

United Kingdom 

What do you want fir this?

Post #458890 Sun Apr 12 2015 2:17am
Si-W85

I'm not selling this kit pal I'm looking at buying it. Sorry Sad

Post #458898 Sun Apr 12 2015 6:55am
dangerboy

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

on an 06 you would need to change the wings if you wanted the bumper as it's different where the 2 mate up.
Also you'd need parking sensors, a loom for them, a bracket to adapt where the standard grille clips in at the bottom and a few other bits and brackets, you have a s/c so you'll have ACC, and you'll need a bracket to move the radar sensor too.
Also if you have Adaptive headlights you may get a fault when fitting the LED lamps. Not sure if anyone's got round that yet, but that's only if you have it.
The rear is easy, bolt on including lights if you fit a resistor or buy lights ready done.

The reason you need the wings is they're a different shape by the headlight and bumper. If you look at yours the wing and bumper meet in pretty much a straight line. If you look at a MY10 then the wing has a bit that curves down then goes straight, so the lines are different. Also the MY10 side vents go back to the door, you MY06 don't. The grille is also shallower on the MY10. If you just want the bumper, it's probably worth looking at the copy ones that bolt straight on, but they maybe fiberglass so not sure on the fitment.

It's all subtle differences.
Hope this helps.

Post #459449 Fri Apr 17 2015 7:18am
Si-W85

That does help thank you Thumbs Up mine has front parking sensors already would I need some different ones to fit? Yes it has ACC, how do I know if it has adaptive lights? Also to fit that kit are the lights needed or could mine be converted and used? Cheers

Post #459451 Fri Apr 17 2015 7:23am
dangerboy

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

To be honest, I'm not sure how you tell on the lights! It's the AFS and its to do with the lights moving when you go around corners.

To fit any part of the MY10 you'd need any other part off the MY10 (Front end that is!)

So to fit the bumper wings etc, you'd need the LED Headlights etc.

I priced the whole conversion at around £1200-£1400 (plus paint) as I was contemplating either this or the HST bumper. The Autobiography front end was about the same price as the HST bumper!
If you have a look on Youtube for powerfuluk they have full videos covering the majority of the 2010 conversion. It's all bolt on so if you can wield a spanner, then you should be able to do it!

The parking sensors are smaller so you'd need different ones, then the plugs are different so that's why you need the loom. It's just little bits that make it expensive.

I'm yet to get my Sport Crying or Very sad but I've done lots of research in to the different options. I really wanted the MY10 front bumper as it's alot nicer, but it's not possible without everything else. I then worried that if I did the conversion whether I'd struggle selling the car on after as people may think it's been in an accident etc. so I've decided (or the missus decided for me) that we're sticking with a standard car and then upgrading to an MY10 in a couple of years.

There is a company that does a MY10 Autobiography bumper that fits straight on to your car, but I think it's fiberglass. If you google 2005 range rover sport autobiography style bumper - Then you'll see the one. It's about £400 which'll save you loads of money I haven't put a link as I'm not sure if it's allowed. The company name begins with Med.
Then you can fit the led dots to the headlights and you get the MY10 look for less money!

Post #459614 Sat Apr 18 2015 8:42am
Si-W85

Thanks for the info much appreciated, my headlights do turn when I turn so they must be, I don't like fibreglass body panels as they crack and distort too easy for my liking but £1200-1400 isn't too bad I have been looking for all the parts to do it and as you say it's the little bits that bump up the price for such things like the parking sensors £100 and the loom another £100 etc etc the headlights of course are £500 too so it can get quite costly, I would be more than happy fitting them myself, my car is wrapped but at some point I will be taking it off, I know I run the risk of the paint work been in poor condition but I will set a side enough money for a respray before I do so as I love the colour underneath the wrap (Rimini red) I would like to put the kit on at the same time as I take the wrap off so if paint is needed on the rest of the car it can be done at the same time, just need to save 5k now to do it lol

Post #459620 Sat Apr 18 2015 9:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1