RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > £1258 for 4 tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

wings21660

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

stewart if i were u mate put the pirelli ones on ive just replaced my conti's there a lot softer tread and wear down quicker, fortunately i work for pirelli carlisle and just got four 275/40/22 @ £320 fitted and balanced they've only came into production or i would have had them on sooner

Post #452814 Tue Feb 17 2015 3:38pm
stewarttownsend

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

bloody hell 320 bargain Smile

Im going for the Pirellis, just talking to black circle. Other motor - Gran Turismo S 4.7 MC Shift

Post #452815 Tue Feb 17 2015 3:46pm
stewarttownsend

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Pirellis ordered from Black Circle who also matched ValueTyres - awesome customer service. Other motor - Gran Turismo S 4.7 MC Shift

Post #452820 Tue Feb 17 2015 5:36pm
Ovey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've just ordered 2 Pirelli Scorpion Asimmetricos from www.lovetyres.com and they are cheaper than Black Circles by some distance. And no, I don't work for them! Mr. Green Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey
Previous: Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Zambezi Silver

Post #452888 Wed Feb 18 2015 1:50pm
RRSAutoB

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Id like to recommend Event Tyres - they come to you and I've always had excellent value for premium tyres.
For 20" 275/40 they range from £175-£215 fitted at your house.
http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/tyre-search-results.php

Tone

Post #455912 Sun Mar 15 2015 11:23am
Bozzy

is there much difference between different tyre manufacturers???

Post #457599 Mon Mar 30 2015 10:34am
zaphod

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

Costco have a deal on right now - £100 off a full set of Michelin tyres. I got a set of 4 Michelin Latitude Sport 3's fitted last week - very grippy in the wet and nice and quiet too (compared to the old General tyres it had before). They cost £218 per corner (fitted) but with the discount they work out at £193.

Post #457604 Mon Mar 30 2015 11:13am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Bozzy wrote:

You will find all sorts of differences between different tyres and manufacturers.

I normally go with Goodyear/Dunlop/Pirelli/Continental etc. My last few cars I've stuck with Wranglers but they do have a reputation for getting noisy with wear.

I have some Dunlop Grantrek PT 9000s on my rear 19s (couldn't get Wranglers at the time, apparently) and I wish I hadn't gone for them because they've worn badly around the edges (both edges - pressures and alignment etc. all fine) and need replacing after very few miles really (can't remember what it was as I've since changed wheels). I shouldn't have gone for them anyway as they're too road biased for my use and have put the poor wear down mainly to the performance nature of them.

I bought a set of 18" scruffy wheels for winter and which had some Nexens and Toyos on and they seem to be wearing quite well - that'll probably be because they're a cheaper, harder compound. Bargain for £200 for the lot though, when a single new tyre would cost most of that. Smile

My end aim is that the 19s will be for summer, with normal road tyres on and the 18s will go on for winter with some ATRs/Duratracs/Grabber ATs on which are known to go on for over 50k. Wink Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #457618 Mon Mar 30 2015 11:44am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

[quote="zaphod"] I got a set of 4 Michelin Latitude Sport 3's fitted last week - very grippy in the wet and nice and quiet too.

I am considering fitting a set of these, have read some good reviews on them, been quoted £900.00 for Four 275/45/20 "Y" Rated By Event Tyres fitted either at Home or Work Plus free £50.00 Fuel Voucher which should probably give me 100mls in my S/C. Laughing

Cheers
Col

Post #457685 Mon Mar 30 2015 5:55pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Good deal Very Happy

Post #457706 Mon Mar 30 2015 8:34pm
zaphod

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

Quote:
I am considering fitting a set of these, have read some good reviews on them, been quoted £900.00 for Four 275/45/20 "Y" Rated By Event Tyres fitted either at Home or Work Plus free £50.00 Fuel Voucher which should probably give me 100mls in my S/C. Laughing

Cheers
Col

Mine were 275/40/20 106Y... with the discount mine worked out at £772 all in, very happy with them Thumbs Up Only slight downer was the £100 discount had to be applied for online and is sent to you by post within 28 days... it's not actually deducted at point of sale Rolling Eyes

Post #457727 Mon Mar 30 2015 9:35pm
Bozzy

Lost for Words wrote:
Bozzy wrote:

You will find all sorts of differences between different tyres and manufacturers.

I normally go with Goodyear/Dunlop/Pirelli/Continental etc. My last few cars I've stuck with Wranglers but they do have a reputation for getting noisy with wear.

I have some Dunlop Grantrek PT 9000s on my rear 19s (couldn't get Wranglers at the time, apparently) and I wish I hadn't gone for them because they've worn badly around the edges (both edges - pressures and alignment etc. all fine) and need replacing after very few miles really (can't remember what it was as I've since changed wheels). I shouldn't have gone for them anyway as they're too road biased for my use and have put the poor wear down mainly to the performance nature of them.

I bought a set of 18" scruffy wheels for winter and which had some Nexens and Toyos on and they seem to be wearing quite well - that'll probably be because they're a cheaper, harder compound. Bargain for £200 for the lot though, when a single new tyre would cost most of that. Smile

My end aim is that the 19s will be for summer, with normal road tyres on and the 18s will go on for winter with some ATRs/Duratracs/Grabber ATs on which are known to go on for over 50k. Wink

Guess it is just a case of doing the research

Post #457859 Wed Apr 01 2015 9:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12