RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Stolen spare
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jemmountford

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Stolen spare

Can't quite believe it, I'd read about it but thought living where I do I wouldn't have a problem. But went out to change the rear pads and discs this morning (thanks to Bodsy's brake bible!) and had to have a double take. No spare wheel! There then followed a Yosemite Sam moment followed by that gutted feeling. I've only had the car 6 months but some thieving toerag must have spotted it on my drive, which is in a rural village at the end of a small dead end lane!

I'll report it to the Police but not sure whether I'll claim on the insurance. I will need a new winch and 20inch V spoke alloy and tyre. I was lucky to have a full matching set of 5 when I bought it rather than an odd one so will look to get a matching wheel again. A couple on ebay at the moment, none are mine though as the stolen one had a 255/50 20 Conti on it which is a pretty rare size on these wheels I think.

Anyway, rant over. Let me know if you spot a 20inch Vspoke with 255/50 20 fitted........

Cheers, Jem. 2006 Buckingham Blue TDV6 HSE

Post #456457 Thu Mar 19 2015 3:46pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

really sorry to hear that Jem,

the winch mount, you'll be able to replace easily enough yourself once you get a new one. Don't think that the new version with it's "anti theft cover" will stop them, as it doesn't! You need to get an RLD spare wheel protector. As you say, you should be able to find one on e-bay, probably from some other unlucky soul!

your gaff isn't easy to find, when trying, let alone to drive by it! Laughing Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #456464 Thu Mar 19 2015 4:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Jem, if you want Conti tyres that size, then DCM has some here....

Nearly new 4 tyres £250. http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic126619.html Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #456467 Thu Mar 19 2015 5:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jemmountford

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Ian,

Thanks for the info, I'd just changed the other 4 tyres to the proper 275/40 20 so that last one was mismatched anyway. But it would still have got me home in an emergency! I think I'll invest in one of the anti theft plates when it's all sorted. As you say, thought I was fairly safe here but apparently not. Wish I'd caught them at it, could have had a friendly chat......

Cheers, Jem. 2006 Buckingham Blue TDV6 HSE

Post #456468 Thu Mar 19 2015 5:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1