RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Window tints-Police prosecution
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

fkarim

United Kingdom 

Selfish behaviour giving all RR/RRS drivers a bad name Whistle You bad citizens Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #456306 Wed Mar 18 2015 10:47am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRSTDV8 wrote:
My TDV8 came to me (from a LR main dealer on the LR Approved scheme) with tints on all windows (except the windscreen). These are quite dark and appear to be an aftermarket film. I've wondered about removing the front driver and passenger side films but don't find, so far at least, that it restricts my vision in dark/wet weather. I'm wondering about asking a traffic copper to check the tint with the relevant device and then, if necessary, removing it. I've had the vehicle 3.5 years so far...

You could go to a window tinting company and ask them to identify which grade of film it is, my sister got the local Pentagon installer to check out her RRS with tints on the front driver and passenger windows and she was surprised that her tints were well within the law even though they look very dark. She has been stopped several times by the police and has been able to show them the paperwork stating what the % light transmission is and they have never persued it after that. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #456307 Wed Mar 18 2015 11:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

gogsy1956 wrote:
Totally agree, best way to avoid dings, someone once had the cheek to leave a note on my windscreen because I used two spaces, i wouldn't care either the car park was half empty.
There's always someone who will park so close you can't open the doors

I always took up 2 spaces with I had my Focus RS and remember parking in Tesco in Bracknell about 6 months ago, right at the back of the carpark out of the way.. and this old boy in a C180 Merc reversed out of his space (why can't people reverse _into_ spaces!?) straight into a fully restored '67 Mustang 500GT Coupé! He wasn't even going to stop until myself and brother-in-law pointed out the issue.. he got out and all he could say was "have you seen how you've parked!?".. WTF!

We pointed out again that he's hit an expensive classic car and had done some slight damage to the bumper on it.. to which we got another reply of "well that's what bumpers are for". At this point, I was lost for words.. took a photo of his plate, left a note on the window of the 'stang with my his plate and my phone number.

I don't normally get involved in things like this.. but his attitude stank.. and had zero respect.

Sometimes unfortunately it doesn't matter how careful you are, there's always some muppet that will ruin things for you.. especially in a car park it seems.

Cheers..

Ian

Post #456313 Wed Mar 18 2015 11:29am
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Too true 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #456320 Wed Mar 18 2015 12:03pm
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

I have now decided to leave the RRS in off road ride hight in car parks in the hope that the side steps will take any impact damage from doors being open by people who do not care.
Terry

Post #456345 Wed Mar 18 2015 2:48pm
oldcro

Scotland 

Ian.H wrote:
gogsy1956 wrote:
Totally agree, best way to avoid dings, someone once had the cheek to leave a note on my windscreen because I used two spaces, i wouldn't care either the car park was half empty.
There's always someone who will park so close you can't open the doors

I always took up 2 spaces with I had my Focus RS and remember parking in Tesco in Bracknell about 6 months ago, right at the back of the carpark out of the way.. and this old boy in a C180 Merc reversed out of his space (why can't people reverse _into_ spaces!?) straight into a fully restored '67 Mustang 500GT Coupé! He wasn't even going to stop until myself and brother-in-law pointed out the issue.. he got out and all he could say was "have you seen how you've parked!?".. WTF!

We pointed out again that he's hit an expensive classic car and had done some slight damage to the bumper on it.. to which we got another reply of "well that's what bumpers are for". At this point, I was lost for words.. took a photo of his plate, left a note on the window of the 'stang with my his plate and my phone number.

I don't normally get involved in things like this.. but his attitude stank.. and had zero respect.

Sometimes unfortunately it doesn't matter how careful you are, there's always some muppet that will ruin things for you.. especially in a car park it seems.

Cheers..

Ian

Re"why can't people reverse into spaces"

If you park back to back how do you open the hatch-back and then get a trolley near to unload groceries?

Post #456374 Wed Mar 18 2015 5:58pm
shadrack

United Kingdom 

part of the problem is spaces are far to narrow for modern cars and people are far too fat.

front tints- rest of world manage, maybe if front tints are illegal hows about making wearing sunglasses whilst driving illigal?

Post #456409 Wed Mar 18 2015 11:00pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ian.H wrote:
"well that's what bumpers are for".

He's correct, of course...

However, the general lack of "I don't give a Censored " is annoying. As is people parking poorly either by design or by accident. Some places will ticket you for parking in two spaces. Quite right too. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #456413 Wed Mar 18 2015 11:20pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

shadrack wrote:
part of the problem is spaces are far to narrow for modern cars and people are far too fat.

front tints- rest of world manage, maybe if front tints are illegal hows about making wearing sunglasses whilst driving illigal?

Two reasons,
1, Sunglasses can stop the glare in bright sunlight, and can be safer than not wearing them.
2, Sunglasses can be taken off at night when it is dark when they are not required. I suppose you could drive with your front windows fully open a night, so not to restrict your view with tinted windows. Laughing

Post #456431 Thu Mar 19 2015 9:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rest of the world don't manage and have horrific accident records for night time crashes. Have you ever been in a car in Egypt, Turkey, Syria or the Gulf States at night that has tinted or even mirrored front windscreen and side windows?.................... It is seriously scarey and you can see next to nothing out of the windows at night, we do not need such extreme tinting in the UK or anywhere in Europe. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #456434 Thu Mar 19 2015 10:04am
shadrack

United Kingdom 

yes ive spent alot of time in uae, im not talking tinted windscreen tho, ive had many cars with the front side windows tinted and never had an issue,

Post #456531 Fri Mar 20 2015 4:28pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Ian.H wrote:
"well that's what bumpers are for".

He's correct, of course...

However, the general lack of "I don't give a Censored " is annoying. As is people parking poorly either by design or by accident. Some places will ticket you for parking in two spaces. Quite right too.

You ain't had "bumpers" on cars since the 1960s!!

Post #456544 Fri Mar 20 2015 5:46pm
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Rest of the world don't manage and have horrific accident records for night time crashes. Have you ever been in a car in Egypt, Turkey, Syria or the Gulf States at night that has tinted or even mirrored front windscreen and side windows?.................... It is seriously scarey and you can see next to nothing out of the windows at night, we do not need such extreme tinting in the UK or anywhere in Europe.

We went on holiday to Luxor in Egypt & even the police didn't bother with headlights at night. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #456574 Fri Mar 20 2015 8:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123