RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Delayed delivery..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

woody

England 
Delayed delivery..

Hi all.. Having had 2 RRS since 2007 and more recently a Disco 4, I decided to opt back to a new RRS. I placed my order in OCT 2014 with an estimated delivery time of FEB/MARCH 2015.
I was informed last week that my estimated delivery time to dealer is now 12th JUNE 2015???
Has anyone else experienced such a delay or is it just me? 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #455513 Wed Mar 11 2015 10:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Invincible

United Kingdom 

Also ordered in Oct and mine arrived on Monday and picking it up tomorrow.

Sorry to hear yours is delayed as I know how 5 months has felt let alone what 6 or 7 months would be like Crying or Very sad

Post #455534 Wed Mar 11 2015 1:07pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

What reason have they given you for the delay?

Post #455537 Wed Mar 11 2015 1:22pm
woody

England 

Thanks for your response guys..
This is what they sent me...
"The reason for the delay is due to lack of allocation.
There have been too many orders placed for the amount of build slots available, resulting in vehicles arrival dates being pushed back."

I'm now thinking that's total nonsense.. Just popped into a dealership in Kent who said If I'd ordered yesterday I would've got a June build!!!
In answer to my original post... Looks like it's just me!!
Big Cry 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #455542 Wed Mar 11 2015 1:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Invincible

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you have maybe been 'bumped'

In other words you were in the 'pool' and then someone else 'more important' has come along and taken your pool slot.

To only here that now so close to your delivery date is bad on the dealer as they would have known how many cars were going into 'build' phase at least a month ago.

Post #455543 Wed Mar 11 2015 1:47pm
woody

England 

It's all beginning to make sense now.. Thanks guys. I wonder what the record is for how many times one can be 'bumped' 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #455550 Wed Mar 11 2015 2:28pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

woody wrote:
Thanks for your response guys..
This is what they sent me...
"The reason for the delay is due to lack of allocation.
There have been too many orders placed for the amount of build slots available, resulting in vehicles arrival dates being pushed back."

I'm now thinking that's total nonsense.. Just popped into a dealership in Kent who said If I'd ordered yesterday I would've got a June build!!!
In answer to my original post... Looks like it's just me!!
Big Cry

They only told you that in the hope that you would place an order... Laughing

It might have something to do with that ship that run aground, and they have had to supply new vehicle for those customers first.
Never believe what a car salesman tells you. Wink

Post #455551 Wed Mar 11 2015 2:35pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

My friend was bumped by the dealers, not LR.

Dealer "bought" production slots and allocated them to customer orders. A more "important" customer came in and flashed the cash and my friend was bumped. He was told by the dealer it was due to the factory but then the dealer mistakenly sent him an email intended for the other customer (they both had the same first name) telling him that they had got him a production slot by bumping my friend down the list.

A stamping and shouting fit in the dealers followed by letters to LR customer service cc'd to the dealer principle brought compensation in the form of free accessories and options etc. This was for an RR Evoque.

BTW - this was also in Surrey. I will ask him who the dealer was 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #455731 Fri Mar 13 2015 10:55am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yesterday I changed an order for a run out special edition Defender for September build to an RRS2 HSE Dynamic that was for dealer stock and goes into build next week with delivery at the end of the month. As it is in build next week I cannot change the spec at all which is a blessing in disguise as I would have added a mountain of unnecessary but desirable and expensive optional extras!
So what is coming on 28th March is a Corris Grey HSE Dynamic with fixed pano roof, 22" Style 504's and privacy glass. To that I have added a couple of dealer fit accessories - mudflaps all round and the front and rear skid plates. There are cars available if you aren't too fussy about the factory options you want. The supplying dealer is a forum sponsor and I know that they also have another HSE Dynamic in build next week - a Santorini Black one. I have also bought previous Range Rovers from the same dealership and from their salesmanager when he worked at another dealership, which might have helped. I suggest that you contact either Grange Garage or Lookers Park Royal to see what they have in the pipeline if you want a car sooner.

What Ady 555 says is also true - yesterday I was told that the knock on effect of the Hoegh Car Carrier episode is that all dealerships have had their allocations chopped until those 1200 cars are replaced and on their way to the other side of the world. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #455733 Fri Mar 13 2015 11:15am
mlines

United Kingdom 

I have just found out the dealer, you have a PM 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #455735 Fri Mar 13 2015 11:24am
woody

England 

That's really interesting.. Thanks for the info. I'm only 20mins from that dealer!!!
I'll make some discreet enqs with them tomorrow!!!
Thanks again.. 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #455757 Fri Mar 13 2015 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1