RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ignition live feed within headlights?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
ignition live feed within headlights?

Hi all, I need a little help with my angel eye install.
does anyone know if there is an ignition live feed from within the headlights? My Dad has taken back his voltmeter and I won't be seeing him until next week. I remember when I was testing the headlight loom last year that one of the wires is live on ignition even with the light switch at "O" (off). Does this feed through into the headlight unit? Does anyone know which wire it feeds through to?

Thx all! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #451753 Sat Feb 07 2015 10:16pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Multimeters £8 in Screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/digital-mu...t_by=price 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #451763 Sun Feb 08 2015 12:23am
tanloverluke

OK so I've just found out that I absolutely suck at electronics, except of course if you want me to wire a plug.

Here is my problem. Voltmeter at hand. With the ignition on and lights on "auto" (which is what I always have them on), but with the headlights off (it's daytime here), I see that there is a voltage reading of about 9V on about three of the pins on the connector. So I'm thinking to myself, I get a voltage reading so this must mean that when I connect the led ring to it, the led's should come on.

They don't.

So, I switch the headlights on this time. And the led's come on.

What I can't understand is this...why don't the led's come on even when there is a voltage?

Does anyone know if it's possible to have my angel eyes on permanently when the ignition is live, regardless of whether the headlights are on or off? I'm pulling my hair out here Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #451795 Sun Feb 08 2015 2:31pm
TrevG

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Just get one of these it works well apart from when using the indicator the corresponding DRL doesn't turn off, tried all wiring combinations the DRL will flash on the corresponding side or the opposite side would go off, spoke to the guys at HIDS4U who were most helpful with alternate wiring diagrams but was still unable to use this function,
a little frustrating but hey ho, Thumbs Up

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/daytime-running-light-drl-controller.html

Post #451796 Sun Feb 08 2015 2:56pm
tanloverluke

Thanks TrevG. Fortunately I have a drl controller installed so what I'll do is tap into that. I would have been ideal to have tapped into one of the wires within the headlight unit, but this is obviously not possible.

Let's see how this goes. updates to follow. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #451798 Sun Feb 08 2015 3:22pm
mrfixit

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

fuse box on the right hand side of the engine bay,second fuse down on the right(25amp heated seats) Thumbs Up

Post #451809 Sun Feb 08 2015 6:54pm
LG8340

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Well Ive just checked and with my MY12 Sport light switch turned to Auto the low beam and Angel lights are on. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary
Gone: Evoque, Freelander 2, Mercedes 320 CLK, Porsche 911's

Post #494400 Mon Apr 25 2016 3:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LG8340

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Correction.

Low beam and Angel lights are only on dependant on light conditions. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary
Gone: Evoque, Freelander 2, Mercedes 320 CLK, Porsche 911's

Post #494729 Fri Apr 29 2016 12:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1