RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > noisey rear brake drivers side
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bri2063

noisey rear brake drivers side

Hi can anyone help recently had new discs and pads fitted on the rear brakes and there is a embarrassing sound especially when the car is going slow best way of describing sound is a droning type noise but disappears when i touch the brakes noise seems to be coming from drivers side rear cheers

Post #448685 Fri Jan 16 2015 9:37pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like a sticking caliper to me. Strip it down and give it a good clean, possibly sand a bit of the surface off the pads. Have you swapped discs and pads like for like or have you used spurious replacement parts? After a run, have you touched the rear wheels to see in any of them are any hotter than the other? If one is hotter, then its as i suggested above. If they are both the same, then it could be the handbrake, but i doubt it is that, as touching the foot brake wouldn't cause the noise to disappear. Also check to see if your wheel nuts are tight. They could be loose. Shocked

Post #448687 Fri Jan 16 2015 10:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
FatJoe

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HST Java Black

When you say 'had them fitted' if you got a garage to do them then go back and let them know so they get their hands dirty.

If you did them, then as above, check there not 'sticking' on although if they are, you'll soon know about it cause they might lock on when they get too hot! I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448690 Fri Jan 16 2015 10:46pm
bri2063

Cheers Ady and Joe will check that out ,just back from a run out as there is a considerable amount of snow out had car on snow setting and not one bit of noise leads me to think it could be a rear differential problem

Post #448739 Sat Jan 17 2015 2:56pm
bri2063

Forget last post as noise still there ,sounds like you may be right ady as on a long run there stopped to touch brake discs and calipers passenger side touchable but drivers side nearly had my finger tips off .

Post #448882 Sun Jan 18 2015 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1