RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Letter from court - should I plead guilty or attend?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

rigsby

England 

Plead guilty by post, take the 3 points and £60 fine and move on. Why run the risk? MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #440697 Tue Oct 28 2014 12:09am
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Totally different case scenario I know....but, my wife got done for speeding 53 mph in a 30 mph late at night on a stretch of dual carriageway....She pled guilty by post.....4 penalty points and a £225 fine! Which I thought excessive for a first offense. On the bright side though, only another eight penalty points to go till I get the sport to myself.... Rolling with laughter 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #440698 Tue Oct 28 2014 1:25am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

You are dealing with PSNI who don't follow the rules of engagement. I had something similar when RUC claimed they had video of me overtaking two cars, ie three abreast. When the gent stopped me on Ballynahinch/Saintfield Road, he showed me the video and you could see I waited until car I was following pulled in then passed him. It went to court with statement from PC saying he was correct blah blah blah. It got thrown out once magistrate saw the video. If you feel strongly enough, go to court, if not pay and walk on. Thumbs Up
I'm in court on Thursday for 35 in a 30, van hidden, no signs and speed limit signs are covered by hedge, peeing in the wind but chance I can get away with it. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #440766 Tue Oct 28 2014 8:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

For that you should get offered a speed awareness course I think , much better than points.

Post #440775 Tue Oct 28 2014 8:52pm
Mark1505

Location: Wales Home, Singapore work & Also many other parts of the world,

Wales 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

If I was you I would go to court, it depends on the kind of person you are, if you don't mind being taken for £60 and having 3 points then don't bother, but it could effect your insurance or at least you have to tell them. It would seem this copper is not painting a true picture. Bear in mind if in court he was to state in my opinion you done such and so on that is not enough for you to be fined, fortunately opinion is not an accountable argument.

Around 15 years ago when I was a transport manager I had to go to court for a tachometer offense, I'm not a lawyer and have no formal legal training, the copper had his pocket book and the court asked if we minded he used his pocket book to recall what happened on the day, I answered no as I had to go on memory so should he, this was agreed and caused his first problem. He stated in his opinion the tachograph had been tampered with, my response was in my opinion your an idiot but that does not mean you are, in the same context your opinion of tampering, as the evidence has to be beyond reasonable doubt. In my case it was a tacho fault and not tampering which came to light after the incident. The case was dismissed as opinion is not enough. A policeman is a person, same as you, just because he says something does not mean it's true or correct, if your a scum bag thief it is most likely your just trying it on, if your a 19yrs zero driving offense with as I suspect a reasonable job his word is no more valid than yours, unless there is video which proves beyond reasonable doubt then I would contest it.

In your case the copper is stating he saw you go through a red light and could see the other light, I doubt he could see both lights the same time as they are opposite and designed to be seen from only one side. If there's video it's a different case, however this should be provided prior to court. One final point, if it's a temporary light it has less reliability than a fixed light, so that could be argued.

Anyway good luck whatever you decide. Java Black 2007 TDV8 HSE (my first RRS)
Colour coded door handles
Colour coded headlight washers
Smoked side repeaters
Hawk Colour coded side vents
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps

Post #440813 Wed Oct 29 2014 3:11am
designboy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

Update.

Sent a really good mitigation letter and stated the facts. They hit me an extra £15 quid for the court administration. So £75 all in and I've to pay it by March 2015. That's a total of 9 months to pay from the actual offence!

Lived and learned my lesson. Drive like a saint now. But the trouble is others think your more a bell end when cruising slow Sad 

Post #444008 Sun Nov 30 2014 3:00pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Driving like a saint may just save your life or somebody else's one day Thumbs Up Did you get three points ?

Post #444009 Sun Nov 30 2014 3:59pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

designboy wrote:

Lived and learned my lesson. Drive like a saint now. But the trouble is others think your more a bell end when cruising slow Sad

Who cares what others think? Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #444050 Sun Nov 30 2014 11:29pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

two points here, I cant understand the "overtaking parked cars" bit, that is pure Censored ha ha, that needs a explanation. Also, and I know this as fact, if the copper followed you through the red lights, without putting on his blues and two's, then he himself is commiting the same traffic violation as you did, maybe worth a call to a solicitor, you house and car insurance policys should provide one for a chat over the phone 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #444057 Mon Dec 01 2014 8:21am
DaveB

United Kingdom 

designboy wrote:
But the trouble is others think your more a bell end when cruising slow Sad

I promise no disrespect is meant but if you knew what others were thinking you'd be some kind of God and while you might think you are I'm prepared to wager you're not Smile

I suspect what you mean is that because *you* think people who drive slow are bell ends that everyone else would think the same. I doubt they do but it also depends a lot on if you actually mean slow or at the speed limit?

Wink

Post #444071 Mon Dec 01 2014 11:49am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

a lot of estate roads round my way have been dropped from 30mph too 20mph

there is loads and loads of people tailgating, people complaining its too slow, even some tosspots overtaking because the person in front is doing 20mph Shocked

I think its a good thing myself, the road outside my house has been a 20mph for some years anyway so I used to it

at 30, people drove at 40 but at 20 people still speed but seem to be doing 30 instead of 40, so in a way its sort of still working

Post #444082 Mon Dec 01 2014 2:04pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
even some tosspots overtaking because the person in front is doing 20mph Shocked

Exactly what happened to me couple of weeks ago. A van driver in a 20 zone somewhere between Regents Park and Euston station, north of the ring road kept honking his horn behind me. Then he overtook me on the wrong side, using a bus lane, while giving me a stern look because I was obeying the speed limit. The signs and markings on that road were too frequent to miss Evil or Very Mad Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #444087 Mon Dec 01 2014 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12