RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Audio Connectivity Module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Starsky8

New Zealand 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Audio Connectivity Module

I have a RRS 2007 TDV8 Model that I brought in the UK. I am now thinking of adding the Audio Connectivity Module so I can (hopefully) connect my Iphone 5S and get the music to play through the radio.

Having done some hunting around on the web, it looks to me like the main issues are:

1. The track/artist information doesn't dispay on the stereo (I can live with this).
2. The audio level is a bit lower than the other sources (ideally you should turn the navigation voice off, I'm ok with this too)

As I say, neither of those things worries me too much, mainly I just want it to charge the Iphone, play the playlists through the radio, and most of all for the steering wheel controls to work. I want to install it in the glovebox, not on the dash somewhere. Ideally I would love the song information to come up on the display, but as I say I can live without it.

I have read that there are two models that you can get, the VPLFE0001 and the VPLFE0002. I have been told that the VPLFE0001 is for the RRS and the VPLFE0002 is for a Freelander, though not sure how accurate that is.

Can anyone give me any more information at all? It would be good to know if there is any difference between the two models and whether either would work with my 2007 RRS. Also, any issues with connecting to an Iphone 5S. Ideally if anyone who has a similar RRS with the kit might be able to throw some more light on it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post #442615 Sat Nov 15 2014 5:27am
Streaky

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Alaska White

This is the one I ordered for my 2008 RRS SC Gulf Spec. http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.ph...ategory=61
I got mine through Stratstone in the UK for about 235 pounds in 2010.

It also allows me to use Hands Free speech for the iPhone when used with the docking station. It doesn't show music lists etc....but it's by far the most usefull accessory I have fitted to my Sport since buying it in 2010. I have since changed the iPhone docking cable for the newer 'Lightning' cable and everything still works fine.

To answer a few more of your questions. Yes it charges the phone in the docking station.
It has a USB connection and two RCA inputs that go inside the glovebox...I have never used this feature though since all of my music is on my iPhone 5s.
I can control the music volume, advance to the next track and answer/end calls via the steering wheel toggle switches.

My Dealer in the UAE fitted it for free during a service visit so I have no clue how to install it. The instructions show it to be plug & play though.
Hope this helps. Ra-Ro Sport Super Dooper Charged.
Ford F350 Super Duty Prototype.
Ni$$@n Patrol 4.8 Overlander.

Post #442720 Sun Nov 16 2014 2:44pm
Starsky8

Thank you very much for your reply, that's really helpful. The model you posted a link to is for the VPLFE0002, I just want to be sure that the one your ordered wasn't the VPLFE0001? They do look the same I am told, and I'm not sure what the difference is?

My concern is compatibility, so just want to be sure before I order!

Post #442758 Sun Nov 16 2014 9:18pm
Streaky

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Alaska White

My mate was working at Stratestone in the UK at that time so I sent him the same link and he ordered it for me. If there was an issue with non-compatibility I'm sure he would have told me or at least double checked.
Alas he no longer works there so I can't run a second check.

I understand your concerns, have you tried asking your local Rover dealer the same question? Ra-Ro Sport Super Dooper Charged.
Ford F350 Super Duty Prototype.
Ni$$@n Patrol 4.8 Overlander.

Post #442785 Mon Nov 17 2014 6:02am
Starsky8

I have checked with them, and they aren't a great deal of help unfortunately, it's not a part that they have ever ordered before apparantly. I will keep looking around, but if anyone knows I would love to hear.

[/s]

Post #442788 Mon Nov 17 2014 7:41am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Only the one type of ACM available for the RRS.

Correct part number is now VPLFE0002

RRP £342.00inc vat
Forum price £285.00inc vat

remove VAT at 20% if purchasing from outside the EU

Dan Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #442806 Mon Nov 17 2014 11:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1