RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Winter Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

East Coast Sport

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Winter Tyres

After much thought and research I have decided to fit winter tyres. The original fit asymetricos have done 27k from new and I'm not running 3-4mm tread depth through winter in NE Scotland.

So seeing as I had to replace all four anyway, I thought Censored it and have secured 4 off Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow supplied and fitted for under a grand, which is about the same as replacing the originals.

They're being fitted next Friday so here's hoping for a nice cold winter. I also asked a friend who works for Maconechy's, he couldn't match the price and also said that he runs winter tyres all year. According to him the disadvantages in summer are outweighed by the advantages in winter, so if you can only afford one or the other, go with winters.

There's the grenade Whistle now lets hear the opinions Thumbs Up 2017 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
2015 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus Silver.
2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Ebony Premium Oxford Leather, Privacy Glass

Post #438981 Fri Oct 10 2014 10:03am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

No grenade from me, I am thinking something similar but tyreleader.com sell these Pirelli's for about £140 each. You would have to get them fitted but my chap charges me £15 a corner. Am I missing something?

To be clear, I have no financial interest in tyreleader.com, a forum member made me aware of them last week.

Post #438982 Fri Oct 10 2014 10:10am
itsmeagain

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I just purchased a set of tyres from Tyreleader. Great price only issue was the courier who delivered 3 tyres monday. And lost the 4th tyre. After lots of calls to DPD it finally was located and delivered today. Going to get them fitted £10 a corner. Current 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE with the usual toys: timed climate, Rosen headrest screens, tow bar with twin electrics, Blackvue HD cam
2008 Seat Leon K1
2012 Audi A1 2.0litre Black Edition TDI
2004 Audi A4 convertible
2004 Audi A2 TDI

Post #438990 Fri Oct 10 2014 12:24pm
jenko2005

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

nokian are supposed to be an awesome tyre, i had vredstein on the X5 and they were faultless

Post #441129 Sat Nov 01 2014 3:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1