RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Brembo's Strip - Prep - Paint
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Brembo's Strip - Prep - Paint

So Ive seen a few posts lately about painting brembos & thought I would share my experience, I did this months ago just never got round to posting before.

Hope someone finds it usefull.............

Tools you will need

Sorry, wrong pic Rolling Eyes Laughing

I decided that to do it properly I needed to remove the lot and get myself a big pot of elbow grease!

So I set about the most important part of the job if you want it to last, CLEAN CLEAN and then CLEAN AGAIN, I used degreaser, soapy water and a wire brush and just kept scrubbing & cleaning including all the parts that you cant see, this is why I opted to remove then from the car.

The results

Next up a good few coats of primer, I found heating them up slightly with a heat gun helped it to dry quicker between coats & also eliminated any chance of the paint running

Then loads of coats of your chosen colour (red is the best Whistle Laughing) , again I heated it gently between coats to help it dry & stop it running

Add the decals & give it a good few coats of clear lacquer on top, this will toughen up the decals and make them last a lot longer

Next repeat the process for the drums, obviously without the lacquer

Put it all back together and hey presto.............nice and shiny Brembo's that should last a long time Cool Cool Cool Cool

I also took the opportunity to fit some EBC Green Stuff pads (which are fantastic by the way)

Hopefully you will agree, a professional looking finish all for the cost of a few cans of spray and a bit of hard work Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #436692 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:19pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Is the Brembo sticker supposed to be wonky Question Laughing Laughing

Nice job. Thumbs Up

Post #436698 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparky8181

Laughing Laughing Laughing Its not wonky you cheeky git, must be the camera angle Whistle MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #436699 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:43pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
You had to check for yourself though.... Rolling with laughter

Post #436700 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparky8181

I certainly did Laughing

I had visions of starting something like awd man's wonky lights and never being able to live it down Big Cry Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Post #436701 Tue Sep 16 2014 2:49pm
SRE

Spain 

Come on then, tell us what type of paint you used etc etc Thumbs Up

Looks good though In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #436705 Tue Sep 16 2014 3:11pm
sparky8181

To be honest SRE, I cant remember Laughing

It was proper caliper paint from a local car spares shop and a metal primer with a clear lacquer, nothing fancy really Thumbs Up

I cant really remember how many coats I gave it either Laughing

I know I kept going until I ran out though Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Post #436707 Tue Sep 16 2014 3:16pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

very nice job, you went a step further than I did by taking off the parts. well done! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #436756 Tue Sep 16 2014 8:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1