RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > my first Range Rover Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

cannon-fodder

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi guys

Thanks for your comments - 6 weeks and 1500 miles later the car is living up to all expectation's and is just brilliant to drive. It even makes the drive to work enjoyable!! Very Happy

The car is smooth and quiet to drive, it has fantastic headlights at night and the brembo brakes and active suspension really make the car feel nimble when hoofing if down those Kentish country lanes Whistle

To drive, you would never know it has done 91,000 miles, the car feels as good and tight as the cars I test drove before seeing this car, which had less than half the mileage.

I have now detailed the car using a clay bar and various waxes to remove all the exterior tar spots, which has made the car look as good as it came out of the showroom 5 1/2 years ago.

The car has so far proved to be totally reliable, with no bits falling off, no rattles or strange noises from the suspension (touch wood). I have even averaged 30.2mpg over the 1500 miles (calculated) which has mainly been commuting and weekend shopping trips.

However, I will need to start saving now for the service next May as this will be the 105,000 mile cam belt service - best price so far is £500 for the cam belt change but will keep looking.

Only mods so far are mud flaps, new number plates and a sat nav mat but I will need to replace the side steps at some point in the future as the aluminium edges are now starting to come loose. My plan is to keep it stock looking and as near to new condition as possible, with the odd small change to personalise it.

I have also had the leather on the drivers and passage seat bolsters renovated and cleaned so the inside of the car looks like new again

The best bit is that including the cost of the car (Jan 09) and the various mods / repairs done, it has cost me a tad under £17,000 all in.

Having fun

Cannon-fodder Laughing

Post #429777 Tue Jul 08 2014 6:41pm
customcarsuk

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Love the color. Get some interior shots.

Post #429781 Tue Jul 08 2014 7:08pm
mark.b

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Best colour combo in my opinion enjoy Thumbs Up

Post #429998 Wed Jul 09 2014 11:21pm
speedy2009

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Nice car hope you have a great drive like we all do in ours Thumbs Up

Post #430000 Wed Jul 09 2014 11:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12