RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Strange Suspension Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Eballs28

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green
Strange Suspension Issue

MY06 RRS TDV6 is having a few suspension issues which are causing me a bit of a headache. In short the car has been in and out the the dealership doing various repairs and so far the car has had two new rear height sensors, calibration and a new air compressor.

The problem I was initially getting was the car at the rear being higher on one side than the other. That has been sorted now. The next problem was the car kept coming up with "Vehicle Raising Slowly". That was put down to the Air Compressor as the thermal cut out kept operating so a new Air Compressor was installed.

Throughout this time, I have been getting intermittent handling problems. Sometimes that car feels very hard on bumps and the ride isn't particularly smooth. It would feel like you were always correcting the steering and that the suspension wouldn't absorb any bumps in the road. It would be similar, although not as hard, as if you were driving in access mode. When I get this, and after stopping the car and putting it into off road mode and then to access mode it would seem to correct itself and I was back to getting a smooth ride.

The other issue is that every time I put it into access mode it would drop then go to Extended mode followed by the message "Remove Obstruction and then reset Suspension etc", but this is only when the car is stationary. Also I still get occasionally the message "vehicle raising slowly"

When the car raises or lowers, it never seems to do it at the same time, so either the front will drop first or the rear.

There are no fault codes showing on my Nanocom, and the car is calibrated correctly. I'm thinking this could be a problem with one of the cross valves sticking maybe? Can anybody shed some light on this so I can get the dealer to look at the right components. Luckily this is all warranty work so not costing me a fortune to do!

Post #424679 Mon May 19 2014 10:34am
flack

I have had this on another RRS and it was calibration, although I had re calibrated the car to be in tolerance it needed to be a much tighter tolerance than I had set it. And it was the rear heights that needed to be set much closer to each other.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #424709 Mon May 19 2014 8:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Eballs28

Cheers Flack,
It's interesting you say this as previously when I had this problem, I ran a new calibration and it seemed fine for a few days and then went again. I'll give that a go tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. The cross link valves show that they are operating correctly according to the nanocom but weren't sure if the central valve could be sticking and not allowing air to flow between sides and therefore not getting good cross articulation. Fast speeds and the car always feels fine.

Post #424716 Mon May 19 2014 9:29pm
Eballs28

Hi Flack,
Well whilst not wanting to "jinx" it, your solution may have just worked. I've spent a day on and off calibrating the suspension in different places, on level ground etc, and now happy it is as spot on as I can get it, and so far I have seen a dramatic improvement with the handling and it seems to be staying in access mode. Let's hope this has solved it all for me!!!

Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #424973 Thu May 22 2014 9:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1