RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Dr Tranny DIY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

norman1979

Dr Tranny DIY

Does anybody have a DIY guide on adding Dr Tranny instant shudder fix for my RRS?

I have had a look at various forums and it seems as though the steps are:

Remove the pipe below:

Click image to enlarge

Squirt down a tube of of Dr Tranny fix down the pipe possibly using a syringe to help.

Is it as simple as that? Do I not need to drain some oil somehow? Does that car need to be switched on or warmed up before doing the above?

Any help greatly appreciated

Post #424693 Mon May 19 2014 2:01pm
garrycol

Australia 

Why not just add it through the gearbox filler hole on the side of the gearbox - might need to suck the equivalent amount of transmission fluid out first but would be easier than pulling hoses off.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #424731 Tue May 20 2014 2:36am
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Depends on which model you have, the picture that you have posted is for a 2.7, you can add it there but you would need to get a small bore pipe or syringe to syphon off enough to get your tube of Tranny in otherwise it would take hours. The other route would be to add to the gearbox filler, you will need to remove the undertray and look to the right hand side (UK offside) for the fill plug, this needs to be removed when the engine is running and the box is about 40 degrees, otherwise you will get more oil out than you bargained for. Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2776
paul@advancedfactors.co.uk

Post #424752 Tue May 20 2014 12:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
norman1979

garrycol wrote:
Why not just add it through the gearbox filler hole on the side of the gearbox - might need to suck the equivalent amount of transmission fluid out first but would be easier than pulling hoses off.

Garry

Thanks Gary! Its a 2.7. I would prefer to put it in via the engine as I dont really have the tools to get the car jacked up. Knowing my luck, I will end up squirting out the much gearbox oil Sad. It just seems like a safer option for a man of my mechanical knowledge to do it via the engine

So with the pipe that is pointed out in the photo, I disconnect it and suck out some oil using a syringe or pipe and force some Dr Tranny down it?

I actually ordered it from you guys yesterday. Thumbs Up

Post #424759 Tue May 20 2014 2:20pm
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Yes that pipe, engine off!

You will spend all day trying to force it backwards against the Torque Converter but you can syphon from that point - bit of old washer tubing perhaps? and then add it that way.

By the way, if you need Dr Tranny you really need to do a complete oil flush. Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2776
paul@advancedfactors.co.uk

Post #424760 Tue May 20 2014 2:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1