Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Is this you Peachy Question

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wink

Sorry OP,
Back on topic now.

Speaking to my dealer a few weeks ago, they have two dealerships in the west yorkshire area and both forecourts have been hit. Shocked

Post #423862 Sat May 10 2014 4:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter maybe a few years ago Whistle

I'm 46 & 19st don't think so do you Whistle 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #423865 Sat May 10 2014 4:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dcartner

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Alaska White

Looks like West Yorkshire police have stepped up the operation now.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news...?ref=var_0

It is clear that I am not the only person who is calling for LR to take some form of action.

Crying or Very sad

Post #424033 Mon May 12 2014 11:20am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

The thing is, they catch these guys, then let them back out on bail pending further enquiries. In the mean time, they are at it again... Banging Head What are the police doing with all the stolen lights they have recovered Question The law really does need to change in this country with a deterrent that will make these scumbags think twice. And why is the fine they get, not come anywhere near the cost of the damage caused Question Whistle
They should be fined the total cost of damaged caused, and the cost of loss of no claims bonus to the victim. Then impose a minimum sentance of xxx number of years in prison. Not the usual half cocked system we have in this country looking into previous medical reports etc etc.

Post #424034 Mon May 12 2014 11:35am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I guess if an owner could identify any of the lights the police have recovered as their personal property i.e. coming from their car then they are entitled to have them returned.

Could be an argument, albeit rather slim, for etching reg number on them somewhere.

Post #424036 Mon May 12 2014 12:47pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
Re: Stolen Headlights, Rear Lights and Grilles - Land Rover

dcartner wrote:
We have heard back from a manager at Land Rover UK, apparently our report is the only report of headlights and grilles being stolen!! I refuse to believe that, considering the amount it has happened in my area!

Quote from Telegraph Confused

Quote:
A spokesman for Land Rover said: "We are aware of the reported thefts of headlamps on older models of Range Rover Sport. All Range Rover models have and continue to meet the insurance industry requirements as tested and agreed with relevant insurance bodies."

If only I'd known last year I was buying a model with poor security and waited for a MY14 or Insurance Industry requirements must be pretty easy to meet Whistle

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...nabis.html Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #424230 Tue May 13 2014 10:19pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

This is what we are up against...... Censored Censored

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mastermind-of-ca...ml#uiTqisT

And this is whats happening around West Yorkshire right now. Whistle

Post #424271 Wed May 14 2014 3:00pm
monty19

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vehicle-Car-Securi...tching+kit

thinking of getting this and doing the lights and glass

Post #424274 Wed May 14 2014 4:17pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I looked at this too but it is for glass and I am struggling to find a kit for plastic used in lights Sad

Here is reply from one company I tried -

Quote:
Regarding the etching of your front & rear lights etc.

I am advised that the glass within the headlights is of a hardened and is resistant to all marking fluids.

The windows on the modern Caravan, and that of the living area of a motorhome, are such that they are produced in a very hard plastic and then coated with a scratch resistant surface. This coating resulted in existing safe marking fluid systems not being to an acceptable industry standard. The only successful process recommended is a portable laser system which we don't have access too currently.
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #424275 Wed May 14 2014 4:21pm
spud1234

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Stratstone Teeside just had 3 done on their forecourt last week. Think when the dealers start getting hit LR may take notice. However if there is a market for these parts then it will happen regardless. Spud Smile

Post #424282 Wed May 14 2014 5:47pm
Slider

United Kingdom 
Security Marking

Hi Guys

Etched reg number and VIN number on mine last month...worked a treat the headlamp lens are polycarbonate as are the rears...caravan kit works fine, I used a company I found on line who supplied all necessary bits and pieces including stencils, won't name tham as don't want to breach forum rules...may not stop the Censored stealing them but gives them a bit of something to deal with....only yesterday followed a 2007 RRS with 2012 rear lights fitted...makes you wonder.

Also screwed the headlamp removal lugs in as well...again just to make it harder for the Censored if they have a go...

Problem for the Censored is the punishment is not painful enough...together with a total lack of real world thinking by Landrover in the design engineering dept... MY12 SDV6 HSE LUX Pack Indus Silver + Privacy Glass

Post #424288 Wed May 14 2014 6:46pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Slider - would you mind pm'ing me company you used please as I can't find plastic kit anywhere and really want to etch mine Thumbs Up

I posted a link recently but appears to have stopped working Sad

Could admin give the ok to post this information to save slider being bombarded with pm requests Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #424290 Wed May 14 2014 6:53pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Fire away, you are not breaking the rules if posting a company that is not connected to you other than using its services. I too would be intrested to know who they are. Thumbs Up

Post #424295 Wed May 14 2014 7:32pm
Slider

United Kingdom 
Security Marking

The company I used was carsecuritymarking.co.uk part of Dantech Ltd....HOWEVER I have just tried to get the carsecuritymarking.co.uk web page up and its 'now under construction'?? but Dantech still advertise the system on their main page should be worth contacting them...it cost me £27.50 for two kits one glass and one plastic...used the plastic kit on headlamps left the chemical on longer to ensure a good 'burn'...(the lens are hard)...

Hope its of help Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE LUX Pack Indus Silver + Privacy Glass

Post #424301 Wed May 14 2014 8:04pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

That's the one I posted but not working now Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #424307 Wed May 14 2014 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>