RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > ALL SEASON tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Further update from the tyre dealers up north apparently I misunderstood their advice. They don't have stock of 'all season' rubber but can get it on request. Only after pointing out that AJS could do so....
My thanks to AJS
Best local deal, believe it or not, is the main dealer For a set of Pirelli.
There happy now. (My grandson says I have too much time on my hands since I retired)

Post #404199 Fri Nov 29 2013 2:34pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/All-S...ack-Up.htm

Interesting article Thumbs Up

Quote:
To conclude

What can we conclude from this test? The evidence suggests that the technology to create a true all season tyre doesn't yet exist, and looking at the balance of qualities, the best winter tyre on sale in the UK is actually a better year round tyre than the leading all season contender. The Continental works better in the snow, better in the wet during handling, braking and aquaplaning tests, and in the dry it's only narrowly beaten under dry braking, but wins again during the dry handling tests. We’re waiting for the confirmation of the wet and dry test temperatures, but we believe them to be around 7c. All tyres are a compromise, and a siped tyre with a compound designed to work in a large range of conditions is more of a compromise than most. Unfortunately, a true all season tyre still doesn't exist, and for optimum year round grip we need to run two sets of tyres. As a summer tyre offers little to no performance in the snow, an all season, or good quality winter tyre can be a sensible year round compromise if you don't want the bother of running two sets of wheels, but want to be mobile regardless of the conditions. 
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #404527 Sun Dec 01 2013 10:50pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

That article basically vindicates the point I made near the start of the thread about all season tyres. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #404638 Mon Dec 02 2013 10:43pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I have just ordered two of these as i have just ripped a massive hole in one of my contis!
http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/pirel...3gode0QAaw SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #409206 Sun Jan 12 2014 11:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12