RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > iOS7 Update for Iphone/Ipad out now!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

bengunkel

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Phew glad it works in my 2013 RRS - I worried for a second that the ios7 update meant id now have to spend £85k on a 2014 RRS! Laughing

Post #395584 Fri Sep 20 2013 3:07pm
mse

United Kingdom 

IOS 7 it does look like a 10year old tried to copy andriod and got it wrong Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #395595 Fri Sep 20 2013 5:00pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

And they're finding security flaws in it already... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #395604 Fri Sep 20 2013 6:51pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Just received a Which email and wishing I had waited - particularly as safari on my Ipad2 now restarts constantly Big Cry

Quote:
1) iOS 7 – think carefully before upgrading
Upgrading to the the latest operating system typically gives you the best possible user experience. That said, older devices designed to work with past versions of iOS can struggle with the most recent updates. If you own an iPad 2 and have already upgraded to iOS 7 don’t panic, we have some other tips our sleeves, but sticking with iOS 6 might be a better option.

2) Delete a few apps and photos
Any device that’s full to bursting with data, photos and lots of applications is going to slow down as a result. Clear up some space by moving some of your photos to iCloud and deleting any unused apps, or old iMessages. By going to Settings > General > Usage you can see just how much space is left on your iPad and decide whether it’s due a spring clean or not.

3) Stick to using Apple’s official apps
Using Apple’s own apps instead of those by third parties will leave you with more hard disk space. They’re also able to access internal iPad resources third party apps cannot. For example, Apple’s Safari is a faster web browser app than Google’s Chrome due to its compatibility with the special Nitro JavaScript engine.

4) Clear your cache
Clearing your cache and deleting cookies will help to further speed up Safari, or your choice of third party browser. In Settings tap Safari, and you will see options to Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data. However this won’t completely clear the cache, to do this go to Settings > Advanced > Website Data and tap Remove All Website Data. You should see the benefit as soon as you next decide to browse the web.

5) Switch off automatic app updates
If you’ve already downloaded iOS 7 you may have noticed that it runs more processes in the background than iOS 6. This is bad news for owners of older iPads as it can sap the speed of the device. You can limit the impact of this by stopping the automatic update of apps in Settings > iTunes and App Store > scrolling down to automatic downloads and switching this off for Updates which is next to the App Store symbol.
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #401459 Fri Nov 08 2013 3:33pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Same here, Ios7 doesn't run well at all on ipad 2. Experiencing freezing, apps randomly restarting and overall it just feels a lot slower.

Will be replacing it with a new iPad Air this month. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #401463 Fri Nov 08 2013 4:42pm
Grahamsjz

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Not too enthusiastic about the looks but I do like the new ways of working. iOS continues to develop. By the way if you have not tried FaceTime Voice Only give it a go, the call quality is superb, easily the best I have heard on a mobile, many times better than normal voice calls.

Annoyingly my phone no longer downloads the contacts into the car (MY09) and for the first few minutes of a call keeps going to hold for a fraction of a second and then back. Any advice out there?

Graham

ps : can't afford a new RRS to solve this problem Sad One day.....One day. Graham

09 TDV8 Zermat Silver

Post #405572 Tue Dec 10 2013 10:46am
SRE

Spain 

I run the latest software on and iPad3 (same spec as an ipad 4 apart from the connector) runs fine Whistle Rolling with laughter Whistle Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #405604 Tue Dec 10 2013 5:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12