RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Surround camera system option
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Monty2

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Surround camera system option

Does the surround cameras come as standard on the rrs autobiography as per the brochure. Just bought one of the last and it's missing the cameras when I thought I'd be playing with them. Anyone have them as standard fit recently?
Thanks

Paul

Second rrs

Post #391206 Thu Aug 08 2013 12:01am
mse

United Kingdom 

No its an option on all the range im almost certain even the new ones. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391211 Thu Aug 08 2013 7:52am
ravingmad

Option even on the Autobiography. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #391278 Thu Aug 08 2013 7:39pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Option on Autobiography as MSE says (OP is referring to old RRS). I have one parked on the drive as we speak...... No SCS.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #391281 Thu Aug 08 2013 7:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zango1

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Orkney Grey

I bought an Autobiography that had already been built and had the surround camera system fitted. The ramp to my communal garage is very tight and the cameras are useful for that but it is difficult to justify £845.83 for the other 99.9% of the time.

Post #391378 Sat Aug 10 2013 2:28pm
Monty2

Looks like the brochure I downloaded from landrover had the surround cameras marked as standard with VAT £1000 ish which appears from everyones feedback was incorrect. Although I'm not going to reject the vehicle over the issue, I was expecting the cameras to be fitted and had a particular use for the mirror mounted ones. Hunters of Norwich has gone silent on me and also on the subject of the leather autobiography embossed car manual cover and autobiography key chain and wallet that were also both missing ( I have a blue vinyl manual cover/holder). I'm used to buying Porsche Cayennes where you get exactly what you pay for and no more and no less, buying a new RRS I seem to have entered into a new market of getting less than I paid for. perhaps I should threaten rejection to get the issues addressed?
Issues aside I'm really enjoying the laid back cruise of the Range Rover Sport instead of the chase me, chase me affect the Porsche badge had on other drivers and bikers when driving the Cayenne but us brits can't match the quality and shut lines of the Germans (actually czechs).
Paul

ps James it was one of the last "old" RRS in the showroom sell offs.

Post #391619 Tue Aug 13 2013 12:52pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I think you are probably getting what you paid for but not what you wanted/expected.

In the last couple of years many things were standard and only a few options...now almost everything is an option! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391636 Tue Aug 13 2013 3:40pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

I agree with Monty that the brochure I downloaded in March clearly shows the surround camera system as standard on the AB

Bizarrely, it also shows it as an option on the SE but not available on the HSE Black

But I guess the normal get out is the "we reserve the right to change specifications" etc etc which I'm sure will be in there somewhere

Post #391657 Tue Aug 13 2013 5:37pm
mse

United Kingdom 

The per black bumph did say it would come with more than it did I grant you, I think it did hint surround and split screen...it came with the latter but not the former as standard Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #391696 Tue Aug 13 2013 9:00pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Why don't you get the full build spec for your car.

As its the "last" it may have been around in store or generally hung around somewhere and been "cannablised" for desirables such as the key ring, leather folder and anything removable. The full spec from the LR database seems to list everything. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #391699 Tue Aug 13 2013 9:35pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Hunters......... Big Cry That will be part of the Inchcape group so no surprises there then. The cowboys that sold me my car minus some options I bought and paid for.... Sales manager blamed it on the salesman not filling in order form correctly, but I sat with the guy doing it and checked the list before he pressed confirm! I never did get a refund for the bits I didn't get so no surprise there........ 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #391712 Wed Aug 14 2013 8:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Monty2

Leather Autobiography cover was stowed in the boot and I'm told the Autobiog key fob will be sent out by Land Rover with a welcome pack. The Surround Camera system which is not fitted but the online brochure states clearly as being standard fit is with land Rover for response, the news that it was incorrect in March (thank you for that nugget) clearly puts land Rover in the wrong for not updating brochure on such an expensive standard item or flagging a message when requesting the on line brochure that there has been the following changes to the RRS brochure 1. removal of surround Camera system 2.xxxxx 3.xxxxxx. I keep everyone informed as if the cameras can not be retrofitted at least 3 years of free servicing should sweeten me towards next purchase.

Paul

Post #392193 Mon Aug 19 2013 1:31pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Paul,

The key fobs are delivered inside the white doccument pack neatly wrapped in tissue. If you've not already then check in the empty pack as they are not sent with the welcome pack unfortunately.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #392199 Mon Aug 19 2013 1:53pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Monty2 wrote:
, the news that it was incorrect in March (thank you for that nugget) clearly puts land Rover in the wrong for not updating brochure on such an expensive standard item or flagging a message when requesting the on line brochure that there has been the following changes to the RRS brochure 1. removal of surround Camera system 2.xxxxx 3.xxxxxx. I keep everyone informed as if the cameras can not be retrofitted at least 3 years of free servicing should sweeten me towards next purchase.

Paul

I personally think the surround system is on you or the dealer.

Its common knowledge and listed clearly as an option on the spec sheets when the dealer is building.

Land Rover do reserve the right to change the spec, meaning for me, its at best your dealers fault.

To retrofit you need, a new bumper, the cameras, new wiring i think you need new control unit (i think digital - but this may be different for dual view) and a software refresh. Oh and your car ripped apart to fit it as i understand all the wiring isnt there! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #392208 Mon Aug 19 2013 3:39pm
Monty2

I personally think the surround system is on you or the dealer.

Its common knowledge and listed clearly as an option on the spec sheets when the dealer is building.

Land Rover do reserve the right to change the spec, meaning for me, its at best your dealers fault.

To retrofit you need, a new bumper, the cameras, new wiring i think you need new control unit (i think digital - but this may be different for dual view) and a software refresh. Oh and your car ripped apart to fit it as i understand all the wiring isnt there![/quote]

It was a case of only walking in to the showroom to discuss an Evoque order and having a telecon on the Monday about the RRS Autobiography sat in the showroom ready to go, at a never to be beaten price or the dealership had to register it themselves. I did my research on the spec the car being offered by downloading the online brochure, and traded the idea of an Evoque for a top drawer model of the RRS I owned a few years ago. Now in my line of work if I state what the spec of the goods comes with and its missing something when it reaches the customer and he is not happy (I pointed out my suprise at no cameras on vehicle handover)with that I take back the goods and rectify it or offer him a concession. Now Land Rover can put in small print that it can change the specs in the brochure but they or its agent should make it clear that they have and whats been added or subtracted. Many years ago they indicated that the first Freelander 3 Door sport ES came with the roof rail system (same small print applied then ) when collecting the vehicle it was missing after highlighting obligations I came away with a roof rack system and a day at Eastnor for 2. I saw that as doing LR a favour by feeding back my customer perceptions of a quality vehicle supplier, it works for LR to listen 2 x freelanders, 1x Discovery, 2 x FFRR and now 2 x RRS later they still have a customer be it one they have to pacify with a surround camera system or concession. Note the second FFRR I owned was a replacement for a paintwork rejection on the first FFRR proving it pays to assist LR on the journey to gain higher JD Power scores. I hear what your saying about tearing apart the car for some cameras and subsequent rattles but as the vehicle should of had the cameras and has the split screen already it might be mirror housings and front bumper insert to sort. We shall see, after all they are expecting me to continue paying for a vehicle I consider missing a grands worth of standard kit!

Paul

Post #392219 Mon Aug 19 2013 5:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>