RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Land Rover Complaints Dept?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fallschirmjager

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Luxury Alaska White
Land Rover Complaints Dept?

My RRSport has had steering vibration issues since I have had it (5 months). I've bought 9 new tyres for it (The Hankooks were not good enough Land Rover said), had 6 wheel balancings done, 3 hunter alignments and had all wheels refurbished (one slightly buckled).

It currently has Michelin Diamaris fitted all brand new. The dealership has said 2 of them are not within limits of the radial force variation test and I have to take up the issue with Michelin.

The steering also vibrates massively on braking. I had new discs and calipers fitted on the last service. This didn't happen with the old disks/calipers on. The dealership says it's due to the radial force variation being out on two of the brand new Michelin tyres.

Well, I'm fed up. I've spent a small fortune trying to get the car right and feel they're just trying to fob me off until the warranty runs out in 2 months time.

Is there a complaints procedure I can go through?

Thanks.

Post #388193 Tue Jul 09 2013 7:38am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Firstly many sympathies, I and many know how frustrating and costly these problems are.
Obviously only heard your side but it seems highly unlikely that so many Tyres go out of true unless the roads you use are full of pot holes. Tyres causing shaking under braking need to be flat spotted so it seems discs more likely , at first glance. At each alignment was it out of spec?
The complaints procedure should work like this, your dealer reports the matter to Land Rover Technical, who then report to Customer Relations. Or you can phone them yourself and raise the issue with them but I predict the first response, the items are subject of wear and therefore not covered. If you persist and also supply detailed invoices to back up your financial loss, they will eventually look at it. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #388199 Tue Jul 09 2013 8:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

All i can tell you is that the vibration you describe has been brake related.

I understood (and its been solved on both mine that had it) there is a modified part they fit/replace - i dont know how true it is...or why on a MY13 car its not as standard...but the replaced brakes fixed it (so far) Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #388208 Tue Jul 09 2013 8:46am
fallschirmjager

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Luxury Alaska White

Thanks for the replies.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon so I can get rid of the bloody thing and get a motor that doesn't give me so much grief.

Post #388258 Tue Jul 09 2013 7:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1