RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Bluetooth dead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Guern sport

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Bluetooth dead

Morning all. First post here. Just purchased a 2008 RR sport HSE. Very pleased with it however the bluetooth is totally dead. It wont pair with any phone (3 tried). It is phisically there (in the boot) and appears in the dealer screen as having bluetooth fitted. I have also carried out a hard reset. Crying or Very sad
Any ideas anyone

Post #384703 Wed Jun 05 2013 8:58am
Beancounter_74

England 

Firstly, welcome Smile

Worth contacting member 'Bodsy' on here, he is the guru for all thing bluetooth (and other electronic issues) and I'm sure he'll pop along in a bit Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #384707 Wed Jun 05 2013 9:41am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

do you get sound normally on the stereo? which means the BT unit is powered and MOST circuit is complete.

When you search for devices, does anything come up at all? what code do you use to try pairing (if anything comes up) I assume you have the red/green phone buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

I have some updated software BT modules here ready for swap out, but if your unit is faulty, then you need to get a new one. £200 + postage (I obviously don't want a faulty module!)

Did you get the car from the dealer? If so, then they should fix. If they have to buy a new module, ask them to buy a Discovery 4 module as it has much better functionality and just needs a couple of wires from the d3 connector onto the d4 unit. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #384709 Wed Jun 05 2013 10:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Guern sport

Hi Bodsy, thanks for your help. Everything else works fine (stereo etc) and yes i have all of the phone controls on the steering wheel. When i have tried all of the phones, they do not see the car at all. I did buy the car on Monday from a garage on behalf of a private seller, but i have since found out that it has an extaended warrenty with the local main stealer. I will therefore be going through the car with a fine toothcomb to find anything else that needs doing!

Post #384713 Wed Jun 05 2013 10:48am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

have you tried disconnecting the module and plugging it back in. I have found a couple of peopple who didnt seat the module all the way home, so had intermittent connections or just not working properly. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #384714 Wed Jun 05 2013 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Guern sport

Thanks. I will try unplugging and re seating tonight. If i do need a new one and i do as you suggest and buy a D4 unit, i take it that apart from a loom / plug mod it will just work and that wont be any programming issues?

Went to the main stealer at lunchtime, and guess what - telephony etc is not included in the warrenty!

Post #384725 Wed Jun 05 2013 1:35pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

yes, the only thing you need is a two pin cable, available from Maplins

The D4 module is a different shape to the D3 module, so you may need to use a couple of cable ties to keep it in place, but thats the only thing that is needed as long as there is no other issue with the car configuration, but you are saying the dealer has checked this? Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #384726 Wed Jun 05 2013 1:46pm
Guern sport

I checked it. I accessed the hidden screen and looked in the configuration folder. It listed Bluetooth was there. The other thought that i had is that it may be a CCF issue, ie has the radio head unit been changed or something and the car hasnt been configured properly. I have spoken to the previous owner, and they never used the phone facility so it may never have worked from day 1

Post #384734 Wed Jun 05 2013 3:35pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

if you want to send the module to me, I'd be happy to check it out for the cost of postage, just to eliminate that as either the cause or not of the problem. Thumbs Up

Unless you know someone else local that is able to test it? Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #384735 Wed Jun 05 2013 3:37pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Just as a side bar, my Fullfat module went down and everything else worked. The cigar lighter in rear had been fed a 5p and blown the fuse. Check your sockets are working and that fuse which on mine was linked to Bluetooth unit is ok. Possibly a red herring as Fullfat unit is behind dash where as sport is in side panel of boot. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #387353 Sat Jun 29 2013 8:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1