Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Tragedy in Woolwich
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
Tragedy in Woolwich

Following the sickening attack in Woolwich yesterday I like many frustrated by the events have visited the Help for Heroes site and made a donation to show my support Sad

Anyone who feels likeminded can do so here http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Bow down

It is unbelievable that anyone can do such a barbaric thing to another human being and then to see protesters throwing bottles at Police Thud

People who filmed/photographed the attack and the media broadcasting these images are also sick IMHO - this is exactly what they wanted Banging Head

This was a real person - not a character on TV http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22644857 Thud Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Last edited by muddywheels on Thu May 23 2013 7:19pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #383901 Thu May 23 2013 4:31pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sad tribute from another soldier Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Just out for a walk after an early stack
Not looking for trouble not watching my back
Mothers with prams holding hands with their kids
Not paying attention to the car as it skids
Caught completely off guard not expecting what comes
One man with a knife another with guns.
No chance of defence no chance to fight back
Looking for help as the cowards attack
An angel arrives as the light turns to grey
A woman attempts to steer attackers away
My last thought of ‘Thank You’ never strays from my brain
As my body shuts down and I feel no more pain.

I look to my left and I look to my right
Thousands of squaddies are all that’s in sight
Uniforms are crisp and their faces are clean
No sign of anger or hate to be seen
As if by command they salute all as one
The RSM smiles, says ‘Welcome home son’.
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #383918 Thu May 23 2013 7:16pm
RWA5H

United Kingdom 

^^ very touching - thanks for sharing. 2013 (13.5MY) RRS HSE Black | Causeway Grey | Privacy | Ivory & Ebony | Grand Black Lacquer | Style 7 Alloys | AWESOME

Post #383924 Thu May 23 2013 8:19pm
woodcutter

United Kingdom 

nice poem.
RIP.

Post #383928 Thu May 23 2013 8:33pm
chilly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

RIP
stand easy solider your with your brothers now.

words cannot describe how angry this makes me or the fact the bar a couple the majority stood by and watched.
you do not expect to live through iraq afghan ect to come home and have to look over your shoulders , we are now going to have to get to the point in not going out alone been paranoid about your surroundings and checking under your vehicle this is going to have a knock on effect that the lads cant decompress after a deployment wich is going to lead to more cases of PTSD

i do not condone it but i this case i hope there is some barrack room justice dished out only the dead truely know peace,
Bootneck its not a job its a way of life!

Post #383931 Thu May 23 2013 8:43pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My own thoughts are with the family of the murdered soldier.

I like the poem. Reminds me of some of the WWI and WWII poetry. Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori. But not at the hands of a misguided fanatic. That is no way for a soldier to die.

@chilly re: being paranoid
I remember my Dad checking under the car for devices back in the 70s and 80s when the IRA were planting bombs and targeting service personnel. That was just a daily thing for guys in the military back then.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Crying or Very sad

The answer is to deal with the imams who are pedalling the hatred messages. The communities know who these guys are - they just have to get used to the idea that they shouldn't be protecting them. The nutters know that the community has certain long-held rules about hospitality etc. and they are using those rules to gain protection. The best advert for involvement of the community in the country as a whole is for the community to shun the hardliners. Until the community does that, the community as a whole will be judged. And that is only going to end in a nasty mess.

We, the mainstream society, are rightly shocked by the recent events; we have to remember that they are perpetrated by people who have bought in to certain elements of a culture that still treats women as property and will even kill their own daughters for allegedly dishonouring the family. These very different attitudes to life will not be changed quickly and they certainly won't be changed by sound-bite politicians or the likes of the EDL protesting and throwing bottles at coppers.

And before people get on their high-horses, let's not forget that the UK is considered to be a Christian country - one that has a lot of blood on its hands over the centuries, both in the name of religion and in the name of commerce/society.

To borrow from Christian myth - let him who is without sin cast the first stone. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #383954 Fri May 24 2013 12:47am
chilly

sorry mate i should have said as thats what i was getting at with the been paranoid thing like when the lads were dealing with the ira threat. and because they couldnt decompress alot turned to drink drug and became abusive and homeless as ptsd wasnt very well regognised then. only the dead truely know peace,

Post #383966 Fri May 24 2013 10:30am
BigCat8810

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

RIP young Fusilier.

Thoughts with his family, friends and unit.

Nice thought Muddy Wheels, thanks for posting and I will also make a donation. --------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 Black/Black (Gone)
RRS TDV8 Stornaway (Gone)
RR Vogue TDV8 (Gone)
RRS 4.4V8 (Gone)
Defender 110 300tdi (Stolen, much missed)
RR Vogue V8 P38 (Gone)
LR 90 TD (Gone)

Post #383967 Fri May 24 2013 10:39am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It was scary times. I remember my Dad shouting at me not to touch the car once. We were going out but there was, again, a high alert status so we had to be careful. I was only young and was a bit upset because I thought I was in trouble and thus being shouted at. But Dad checked underneath the car and gave me a hug and off we went. That's the great thing about being a kid - a hug can make everything better.

How the guys patrolling in NI managed is beyond me. How they manage now in Afghanistan is well beyond me. I guess the support structures are better now but even so. There's a lot of dark stuff being bottled up by lots of people I'm sure. Sad 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #383968 Fri May 24 2013 10:43am
chilly

yes mate bad times indeed and like you say as a kid yo think your in wrong ,
the support structure is a lot better now than it used to be regular counselling after events and the need for a blow out and to decompress is also seen. plus theres a general better understanding amongst everyone involved about it so the lads will have a chat with each other and your not a little bitch for having a sob ( you will still get the Censored taken though haha)
but i think in the next 10 years or so we will see a lot more cases manifest as t can take years or a trigger to kick in only the dead truely know peace,

Post #383972 Fri May 24 2013 11:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1