RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Service history issues...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

V88ABA

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Thanks for the response guys. I will keep you posted on what kind of service history lookers provide me with.

Fingers crossed all services will have been done by LPR. If not, paddi - you'll be my first port of call!

Post #380576 Tue Apr 16 2013 4:24pm
V88ABA

Received a replacement service history book from lookers. Empty. With a note saying they can't provide me with service history as they've never serviced it.

Oh, and an invoice for a tenner.

I think they're missing my point somewhat. Will be ringing them Monday to kick off something ridiculous.

Liam at LCR on the other hand is an absolute gem. Has been in constant contact and hoping he will help me sort this mess out.

Post #381010 Sat Apr 20 2013 12:19pm
fallschirmjager

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Luxury Alaska White

Was in the process of buying a RRSport SC from Dubai last month. The salesman said he would have the paperwork ready for me on pick up. When I arrived to pick up the car the service book was missing. He told me he bought the car without any paperwork! (Oh really?). There was 105k (Kilometres) on the clock. I phoned up Land Rover who told me it had 150,000 on the clock in 2011. After informing him of the discrepancy he said it had a new clock fitted. Obviously walked away from that one.

Post #381020 Sat Apr 20 2013 4:37pm
sparky8181

England 

V88ABA wrote:
Received a replacement service history book from lookers. Empty. With a note saying they can't provide me with service history as they've never serviced it.

Oh, and an invoice for a tenner

What a joke, can't believe they had the nerve to charge you a tenner for their Censored up and then send it blank Shocked

I would be down there 1st thing Monday morning and making sure this gets sorted as its taking the Censored IMHO

Hope they sort something out for you mate if not I'm sure you can pursue it further.

Post #381021 Sat Apr 20 2013 4:54pm
oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

I agree your not getting good service at all from LPR and I know where I'd not go with my business if I were reading this but then there's lots of people and companies that don't so I guess you/I don't matter... Confused

I can't help thinking you'd be better off with Liam at LRCS on here, I've never been in touch with him/them but the reviews are good (well done LR...).

I can't see how LPR are going to stamp a SH up if they haven't serviced the vehicle? That would be tantermount to fraud for a future buyer...

I think they're not showing themselves in a good light but as I've posted here earlier the vehicles LR service history will be accessible to 'someone' on computer. Those need printing for you. Once/if the vehicle hit the independents then that maybe trickier but previous owners may help there.

I don't see an easy way forward with LPR, I agree give them hell but resolving your problem maybe better with LRCS.

I would always believe a pile of receipts that were itemised over a single SH book anytime...

Just my HO, good luck Thumbs Up 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE in Artic Frost. 20" 2010 HST Alloys, sidesteps, Hawke tips, plus minor bits and bobs along with a remap. Four spike spiders ready for the Alps again now tucked up in their garage boxes...

Post #381023 Sat Apr 20 2013 5:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
V88ABA

Liam has been great and has advised it's down to LPR to provide service history. I've just sent priya at lookers this email..

Hi. I was hoping you can help me as I found your email address on the RRS owners forum.

Last march/April I purchased a vehicle from yourselves.

This vehicle was sold with a full service history. This was states on the advert and the salesman confirmed this on the phone.
When we carried out the transaction I didn't feel the need to check the service history as took your companies word for it.

One year on, my car is up for a service. I've taken it in and upon completion I've been told there's no service history manual. Now the leather wallet hasn't been moves from the boot since the day I purchased the vehicle.

I contacted yourselves last week to explain my situation and was advised you can send me a replacement book for 10 pounds. I wasn't happy paying anything but paid and decided would then dispute paying in writing at a later date as the 10 pounds wasn't my main issue.

I have now received an empty replacement service book and a note saying your branch has never carried out and services so you can't stamp the book.

I think they have failed to see my point. You have sold me a vehicle with full service history. However it has zero service history. I have then been told to carry out the leg work myself.

It's not down to me to find out my vehicles service history. Your company have Mis sold me a vehicle.

I want a new service book fully stamped with all services up to date by the garages who carried out the services.

I also want the 10 pound refunding I paid for the replacement service book as this shouldn't be a cost I should pay for.

I would appreciate a response within 7 days outlining how this is going to be resolved by yourselves otherwise I will be instructing my solicitor to act on my behalf.

Regards.

Matthew spiers.

Vehicle reg : v88aba
Vin : Sallsaa337a102xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Post #381437 Thu Apr 25 2013 2:23pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

You could demand your money back - they could deduct the 'value' of your use of the vehicle.

Obviously if they didn't service the car and didn't have the records their advert falls foul of Trading Standards and Land Rover's Used car assurance scheme - if they bought the car from within the trade then they should know the source.

Post #381456 Thu Apr 25 2013 7:03pm
V88ABA

6 days later no response from lookers yet!?

Post #381932 Wed May 01 2013 3:09pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Surely, the records would be on a database somewhere (they seem to know everything else about the car/us), so I can't see why they wouldn't just update the service book per those records and be done with it Confused ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #381937 Wed May 01 2013 3:30pm
GIXER JOHN

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I had the same problem , not a dealer tho. The sales man just posted the replacement service book
to the dealers who had serviced my car and they stamped and dated it no problem.
Hope you get a result soon Thumbs Up

Post #381949 Wed May 01 2013 4:54pm
V88ABA

Update!

As its now past the 7 days, well 7 days today I decided to ring lookers, just to give them the chance to rectify not getting back to me. I was told I woyld have a phone call before 5. I advised them if I don't hear back I would instruct my solicitor. They said, well you have to do what you have to if we aren't doing what we're supposed to be doing!?!

Can't believe their attitude!

I presume they think I'm calling their bluff. Unfortunately for lookers I have to deal with my solicitor constantly and he's became a close family friend! He's now acting on my behalf and writing to them tomorrow.

Such a shame they've acted like this.

Post #382021 Thu May 02 2013 5:09pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

No brainer - Money back and Trading Standards.

Post #382032 Thu May 02 2013 6:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12