RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Hst, hse or supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Ince03

Hst, hse or supercharged

I'm looking at getting a range rover sport prob an 05, 06 or 07 plate but what is the difference between the models? HST,HSE etc??
I defenetly want a supercharged sport 4.2 V8 but which models best?

Thanks

Post #379188 Sat Mar 30 2013 6:56pm
BenG-1

Im currently in the same boat as you

From what I can work out, the HST is the sport with sportier bumpers etc

I was thinking of going for a HSE and adding the HST bumpers

Post #379195 Sat Mar 30 2013 7:56pm
PEACHY

England 

If I could start again it would have been HST ( because i would have saved a Censored fortune ) but my Supercharged is awesome & I've had such a good time moding it ! fast and a dream to drive - if I'm honest you do loose a bit of comfort with 22s but it adds to the look.
Whatever you decide it will be a good decision Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #379198 Sat Mar 30 2013 8:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
USAFBuckeye

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Supercharged for sure!

I think the S/C is the best of both worlds (Lux & Performance). Only downside (maybe) is, I will probably never off-road this one like I did my LR3.

You'll be happy with either, but I'm the guy that always gets buyer's remorse. So, I wouldn't want to wonder what a S/C one is like later. '12 RRS SC
'07 RRS SC
'11 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (sigh...)
Gone, but not forgotten
'02 RR
'05 LR3 SE7 (Best off-road rig I've ever had) let her go @ 100K miles

Post #379243 Sun Mar 31 2013 7:13am
Ince03

But can't you get a supercharged sport in the HST or HSE models? If so which is the highest spec 4.2 V8?

Post #379244 Sun Mar 31 2013 7:24am
moparmuff

England 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

Ince03 wrote:
But can't you get a supercharged sport in the HST or HSE models? If so which is the highest spec 4.2 V8?

The HST is highest and it looks better and it's rarer

Post #379245 Sun Mar 31 2013 7:29am
Ince03

Does the HST just have body work difference or is the interior/gadgets different too?

Post #379247 Sun Mar 31 2013 7:38am
moparmuff

The new HST will be based on the Supercharged specification with the additional equipment including: electric sunroof, an electronic active locking rear differential and privacy glass. The interior is distinguished by a unique hand polished lined oak trim.
The exterior design is the work of the same Land Rover team that created the original Range Stormer. It includes new flush-fitting front and rear bumpers and a new larger open-mouth grille. The front lower air intake is deeper and new front fog lamps are mounted in the spoiler.

The lower doors and lower rear boot are body-coloured, making the body sides appear deeper, accentuating the vehicle’s road-hugging qualities. A new tail spoiler is also fitted, and the special rectangular tail-pipes are close to those used on the original Range Stormer concept vehicle.

Further visual impact is provided by the 20 inch 'Stormer' alloy wheels, chromed aluminium side vents and body-coloured door mirror cappings, unique to this derivative.

"The HST gives the Range Rover Sport an especially impressive stance, hunkered down tight to the road," says Land Rover design director, Geoff Upex. "It's the extreme version of the Range Rover Sport, the design that will be chosen by those who want to stand out from the crowd."

The HST is available in five colours; Bonatti Grey, Cairns Blue, Java Black, Rimini Red and Zermatt Silver. Performance figures are the same as the standard Supercharged model.

As a Land Rover, the HST will naturally still have off-road capability. The removable chin spoiler means that approach and departure angles are as good as the standard vehicle.

And the leather is much softer and better looking

Post #379249 Sun Mar 31 2013 7:55am
Ince03

This is for a brand new version isn't it. I'm looking at a around 2006 2007 models.

Post #379251 Sun Mar 31 2013 8:07am
moparmuff

Ince03 wrote:
This is for a brand new version isn't it. I'm looking at a around 2006 2007 models.

No the article is from 2006

Post #379258 Sun Mar 31 2013 8:36am
Ince03

Oh ok nice one. Do you know what the supercharged first edition model is like compared to HST?
It looks quite similar to me?
Thanks

Post #379263 Sun Mar 31 2013 9:06am
Discovery1953

England 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Santorini Black

moparmuff wrote:

As a Land Rover, the HST will naturally still have off-road capability. The removable chin spoiler means that approach and departure angles are as good as the standard vehicle.

Oh well, you learn something everyday!!!!

Any idea how you do this and is it easy??? 2008 Black Range Rover Sports HST, 4.2 Supercharged.

RAM Cobra, Aluminium body, 7 litres and +500 BHP - SOLD

Post #379266 Sun Mar 31 2013 9:42am
jack.bauer

I've just bought a HSE that had came with factory fitted HST kit. I prefer HST over SC as it looks much more assertive on the road.
I think first you should decide what engine you want. The petrol or diesels. You should really take each for a test drive. The SC will give you crazy acceleration and comes with it's own styling which is quite distinct from HST styling. It depreciates like a b* though. In the diesel you have the 2.7 V6 then 3.7 V8. The latter can only be described as something born in the forest. That + HST styling did it for me. They also are in demand so hold some residual value.

You'll find a genuine HST is hard to find. Even a HSE with HST are hard to come by (with low miles and full service history).

Decide on the engine first. 07 TDV8 + BAS map

Post #379284 Sun Mar 31 2013 4:19pm
Preston-rr

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

I've just bought a diesel 2.7tdv6 HSE with HST fitted from new by land rover. It has everything you could want. Was remapped by land rover from new. Good mpg, looks awesome. Love it! 2014 RRS HSE, SVR body kit fitted.
Black on Black

Post #385792 Mon Jun 17 2013 9:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Preston-rr wrote:
I've just bought a diesel 2.7tdv6 HSE with HST fitted from new by land rover. It has everything you could want. Was remapped by land rover from new. Good mpg, looks awesome. Love it!

Land Rover don't remap car's, so if you've bought a car from someone believing that then I can't imagine what other porkie pie's they have told you Shocked Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #385811 Tue Jun 18 2013 8:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>