RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Emirates Airlines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just off Emirates from Colombo to Dubai and on to Glasgow. Have flown them every 3 months for the last three years and now travel economy rather than business...........
Flying from the provinces direct to dubai beat BA via T5 and the crap service they give there is so much better than all the options bar KLM via via AMS. I now avoid BA on long haul whenever possible purely because I have to travel through that hell on earth called Heathrow T5.
My employers wanted me to fly Jet Airways from Colombo/Mumbai/LHR T4/LHR T5/ Glasgow..................... Jet Airways is India's answer to Ryan Air and fly to Dubai - all I can say is don't even think about flying them unless you are a pensioner or a student looking for no service and paying little for the ticket. Take your own sandwiches as the their food on west bound flights is awful 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #378163 Mon Mar 25 2013 10:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Just off Emirates from Colombo to Dubai and on to Glasgow. Have flown them every 3 months for the last three years and now travel economy rather than business...........
Flying from the provinces direct to dubai beat BA via T5 and the crap service they give there is so much better than all the options bar KLM via via AMS. I now avoid BA on long haul whenever possible purely because I have to travel through that hell on earth called Heathrow T5.
My employers wanted me to fly Jet Airways from Colombo/Mumbai/LHR T4/LHR T5/ Glasgow..................... Jet Airways is India's answer to Ryan Air and fly to Dubai - all I can say is don't even think about flying them unless you are a pensioner or a student looking for no service and paying little for the ticket. Take your own sandwiches as the their food on west bound flights is awful

I will suggest to fly by Etihad airlines Thumbs Up Tim let me know when you are coming to Dubai 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #378165 Mon Mar 25 2013 10:31am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Give Yorkshire Airlines A Try

Laughing Laughing

Thumbs Up

Post #378174 Mon Mar 25 2013 10:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JoeRRS

United Kingdom 

Up until October last year I flew with Emirates on average 4 flights a month for the past 4 years best airline in the world.

Post #378190 Mon Mar 25 2013 12:39pm
Tim in Scotland

sportman wrote:
I will suggest to fly by Etihad airlines Thumbs Up Tim let me know when you are coming to Dubai

Sportman, when Ethiad starts flying direct to my local airport I'll give them a try, Emirates flies direct Dubai/Glasgow and Dubai/Newcastle. When I'm booking the South Africans I work with then if Ethiad's connnections out of Colombo or Chennai aren't suitable then they go Emirates by choice and not SAA.

I sent you an SMS last Sunday as I passed through Anwar, did you get it? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #378195 Mon Mar 25 2013 1:21pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks for all the feedback much appreciated...........Emirates it is, will get booked tonight Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #378201 Mon Mar 25 2013 2:31pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Your not going to give Yorkshire Airlines a try then Question Whistle Laughing

Post #378203 Mon Mar 25 2013 2:32pm
JC1

Laughing Laughing thanks for the recommendation Ady I did try but fortunately it was fully booked Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #378250 Mon Mar 25 2013 8:21pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Rolling with laughter Whistle Better luck next time. Thumbs Up

Post #378259 Mon Mar 25 2013 9:21pm
JC1

Emirates airlines - more advice please

When doing my booking through emirates it would appear the plane (a380) is chartered by qantas airlines, does this make a difference? Can you still use emirates lounges, choose seats etc and can I expect the same level of service as people have mentioned earlier in the thread. Question Question MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #379253 Sun Mar 31 2013 8:31am
Beancounter_74

England 

Yes, just means you are using a 'code share' flight.
You should be able to use all the same amenities as if you'd booked onto the Emirates one.....and you may also be able to go into the Qantas one too if you wanted. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #379257 Sun Mar 31 2013 8:34am
JC1

Cheers Bean Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Do you still check in with Emirates or Qantas Question MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #379308 Sun Mar 31 2013 8:09pm
paulL

Spain 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Tim, can you explain why you think T5 is so bad?

I use it very regularly and I honestly think its one of the best terminals in the world. 2013 RRS SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE - gone -
2005 RRS TDV6 HSE - gone -

Post #379341 Mon Apr 01 2013 10:49am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

^^ +1

Apparently it is the best.

T5 suffered from a lot of bad press in the beginning and it was well deserved. However, it has come a long way since the chaotic start.

I would still choose Emirates over BA though due to their better inflight service.

Post #379344 Mon Apr 01 2013 12:06pm
Tim in Scotland

T5 - it's noisy and a "shopping experience", unless you hold an Executive Club card then there is no where quiet to go like a Priority Pass lounge (last time I travelled through T5 in November I couldn't use any T5 lounges on my Priority pass card). My biggest gripe with T5 is that everytime I use it either my bags get broken into or lost.......... when you are going away for 3-4 months BA will only get your bags to your flight destination, they will not forward them to where I end up afterward even though it isn't my fault the bags missed me - this of is despite everybody at BA telling me it is impossible to fly without your bags on the same plane. If I'm flying to London then I use the excellent London City airport 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #379347 Mon Apr 01 2013 12:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>