RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Poorly puppy needs help (now with photo's)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Poorly puppy needs help (now with photo's)

A bit of a long shot, but is there anyone on the RRS forum or knows of anyone who may be able to help me with a 4 legged friend who I need to get from Saudi Arabia back to the UK?

8 months ago a pack of wild desert dogs came through the remote desert camp I am currently staying at and left a 5 week old puppy behind.

To cut a long story short I have been looking after him ever since. 2 days ago someone tried to beat him to death with a 4ft length of 2x2 timber, which had two three inch nails sticking out of it. At the time "Lucky" was tied up in a quiet area of the camp so that he wouldn't wonder off, as we were moving location the next day. He managed to slip his collar and crawl away into the desert, where he waited until I returned to the camp in the evening. They hit him so hard and for so long with the length of 2"X2" timber that they broke it in half...........

He was very seriously injured and I made the decision to take him to the only Vet that I knew of, located in the city of Khobar. To get him there was the equivalent of driving from London to Exeter, at night, on a mixture of desert tracks, non maintained roads and unlit highways where it is common for vehicles to drive against the flow of traffic. There is always the possibility of a camel wondering on to the highway, which is a major sorce of fatalities on the roads over here.

After paying a Vet to come out at midnight Lucky was finally in safe hands. He had suffered extreme blunt force trauma, along with punctured lung, stomach and numerous other puncture wounds and lacerations. Most were on the insides of his back legs chest and tummy, where he had rolled over in submission. Throughout me stabilising him, transporting him and the Vet prodding, poking and prodding him he didn't growl, snarl or show any form of aggression. He just kept looking at me as if to say "Why has someone done this to me Jim, I didn't do anything wrong, I'm a good boy..........."

I fully admit that it was the first time that I blubbed like a baby in many years........ Big Cry

He is now on the mend and has had all his immunisation, rabies jab, micro chip and de nutted. This is in preparation to bring him back to the UK.

I have had ridiculous quotes both to transport him back and to kennel him for qurantine, and just wondered if anyone on the forum was a Vet or involved in importing animals?

It has already cost me an arm and a leg, along with almost costing me my job for breaking safety rules, so any help or advice would be gratefully received.

I haven't been able to find out who attacked Lucky, but it would appear that a couple of Arabs staying in the camp didn't like the fact that he was here. When (if) I do find out I will make sure that they suffer the same level of pain that he did............. Evil or Very Mad

So, please pick your brains for any contacts you may have. If anyone is an eccentric millionaire and wants to donate to the Lucky Fund then please feel free to do so! LOL

Jim[img][/img]

Last edited by jim4244 on Thu Feb 07 2013 4:51pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #372514 Thu Feb 07 2013 11:08am
Jonny Fresh

England 

Wow, what a story. horrible Censored s.

Good luck with it Jim! But I am no eccentric millionaire Laughing

Post #372516 Thu Feb 07 2013 11:26am
Beancounter_74

England 

Terrible story Jim, and well done for doing the best thing for the animal. Bow down
Don't know anyone who can help, but hopefully someone will. Smile ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #372518 Thu Feb 07 2013 11:29am
Abb75

United Kingdom 

Is there any wonder why we lack compassion for the human race, when they are capable of such in humane acts on defenceless animals! Having worked in Algeria and stayed in camps, looked after desert dogs, I can completely understand what you are doing.
Unfortunately I cannot help with transportation or other aspects (but I will make enquiries), however I would be willing to make a donation to help go towards your costs, after all, every little helps!! Very Happy Current transport : Audi S4 V8 Cabriolet, Suzuki GSXR600 K1
Previous: BMW 535D ACS, Mercedes CLK, Merecdes ML, Honda CBR600.

Post #372522 Thu Feb 07 2013 11:45am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i thought you was going to ask for my bank details to transfer my long lost uncle's millions in when i first started reading it Embarassed

Firstly, I know nothing of what wild dessert dogs are, but to start with I would check with the authorities back in the UK see if you can import the species back in to the UK, with all the dangerous dog acts of late, what would they class a wild dog as Question

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and hope it works out

Post #372526 Thu Feb 07 2013 12:13pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

seems your not the only one who has taken a shine to the local dogs Thumbs Up

http://duncan-saudicanaandogs.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #372528 Thu Feb 07 2013 12:18pm
jim4244

Lucky is classed as a "Mixed breed" so is OK to be imported into the UK.

If he were a wild desert dog then it would be simple just to dump him off next to human habitation, be it a town, drilling rig or gas station and then he would be able to look after himself.

It’s the fact that he was left with us as a 5 week old puppy that has resulted in him being a domesticated pet. He has a regular routine of feeding and basic training, he is house trained and relies on people, just as if you had a puppy in the UK for food and shelter.

I just want to know if anyone has any ideas or can help me get him back to the UK in a cost effective manner.

Jim

Post #372533 Thu Feb 07 2013 12:24pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I hope you get sorted Jim Thumbs Up

You have just reminded me why I prefer the company of dogs to that of people Sad

Lucky certainly deserves his name with someone like you looking out for him - the Censored that did this are scum Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #372536 Thu Feb 07 2013 12:32pm
jim4244

Guys

I'm looking for the information about how to post a photo so that I can put a pic of Lucky up.

Where can I find it?

Jim

Post #372550 Thu Feb 07 2013 1:46pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Here you go Jim Thumbs Up
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic24346....=uploading ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #372551 Thu Feb 07 2013 1:48pm
jim4244

A couple of the good folk on the Disco4 Forum have made donations to the Lucky Fund using PayPal. Bow down

If anyone on the RRS Forum feels the need then please drop me a PM and I'll forward my PayPal registered e mail addy to you.

Thank you for your replies. They are begining to restore my faith in human kind.

Jim

Post #372555 Thu Feb 07 2013 1:57pm
pjb

muddywheels wrote:
I hope you get sorted Jim Thumbs Up

You have just reminded me why I prefer the company of dogs to that of people Sad

Lucky certainly deserves his name with someone like you looking out for him - the Censored that did this are scum Evil or Very Mad

+1

I love my dogs, even the puppies that we had & that have now gone to new homes, good luck in searching for a more cost efficient carrier.

If you start a donation account I would happily give to this as a very good cause - if it helps.

Maybe a hundred people at a tenner, worth thinking about Exclamation

Sorry not a millionaire. Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #372558 Thu Feb 07 2013 2:00pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

What is your target? How much do you need to raise?

This story cost $4000 and sounds a similar situation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...istan.html

Post #372560 Thu Feb 07 2013 2:11pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Always had you down as a Daily Mail reader Jonny Whistle Rolling with laughter ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #372563 Thu Feb 07 2013 2:19pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Has anyone checked Jim out Question Can we be sure he's not from Nigeria Laughing

Post #372564 Thu Feb 07 2013 2:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>