RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Should Andrew Mitchell keep his job?
Should Andrew Mitchell keep his job?
He is unfit to continue in Government and should be sacked!
40%
 40%  [11]
No harm done let him carry on!
59%
 59%  [16]
Total Votes: 27

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

firstinretail

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Siberian Silver

Once you accept that most mp's are toffee nosed pricks, who are detached from real life and have been spoon fed to keep the "club" going then life makes more sense. It's a closed system where only the select few are allowed to remain in.

I have change my mind though, if he said something as condescending as learn your place, then yes kick the prick out..

The sooner I get myself and my family of this knackered island the better. If you took some fog and put it in a jar, would it be missed.

Post #357497 Sat Sep 22 2012 9:29am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Reportedly said

Quote:
"learn your f****** place"

Former shadow police minister speaking to member of Scotland Yard's Diplomatic Protection Group, SO6, and was likely to have been arrested if he had continued. Shocked

Glad I am a pleb Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #357501 Sat Sep 22 2012 9:56am
mse

United Kingdom 

muddywheels wrote:
Reportedly said
Quote:
"learn your f****** place"

Former shadow police minister speaking to member of Scotland Yard's Diplomatic Protection Group, SO6, and was likely to have been arrested if he had continued. Shocked

Glad I am a pleb Thumbs Up

A wider question - why should he have been arrested for that, why should the police officer have told him that in the first place.

If he walked over to a police officer and made an offensive remark, or provoked something thats one thing - but to me this is different.

Police - especially the met - are far far to agressive etc with these things - we arent a police state Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #357505 Sat Sep 22 2012 10:46am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Guess you have never worked as a public servant - I have - I would love to arrest every Pratt who swore at me for doing my job but I didn't have the power Sad

From a security point of view why should they open a vehicle barrier to let someone who can't be bothered dismounting his bike and walk through a pedestrian gate Confused

Sadly dealing with aggressive members of the public day in day out can lead to a culture of defensiveness in my experience from some people - I got out before I turned into one of them Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #357507 Sat Sep 22 2012 11:01am
mse

United Kingdom 

muddywheels wrote:
Guess you have never worked as a public servant - I have - I would love to arrest every Pratt who swore at me for doing my job but I didn't have the power Sad

From a security point of view why should they open a vehicle barrier to let someone who can't be bothered dismounting his bike and walk through a pedestrian gate Confused

Sadly dealing with aggressive members of the public day in day out can lead to a culture of defensiveness in my experience from some people - I got out before I turned into one of them Thumbs Up

Unfortunately you couldnt be further from the truth

Also - a bike is allowed to use the road and entitled to go through vehicle access points - you cant be expected to ride through a pedestrian entrance

Just because they are sensitive doesnt make it right Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #357508 Sat Sep 22 2012 11:37am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

But it makes more sence going through a pedestrian gate than opening two big gates and two barriers just to let a bicycle out doesn't it Question Its almost as if he's using his position to belittle anyone that gets in his way which is very wrong Whistle

Post #357509 Sat Sep 22 2012 12:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Seems to me that it 's irrelevant which gate any of us thinks he should have gone through,if a protection officer asks anyone to do something they should just respect that decision and do it,if they feel it was wrong they should have just noted their number and made a formal complaint.
To me it just sets an example to the real plebs that its OK to scream abuse at a serving officer. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #357519 Sat Sep 22 2012 2:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Censored me MSE, so you are an expert on the Met Pol now?

I assume that a lot of the people who have posted on here have had run ins with their local plod and that they think that it is more than acceptable to gob off at a copper?

Respect them or hate them, lets hope that you are never in a position where you have to dail 999 for their help........

Jim

Post #357587 Sun Sep 23 2012 4:45am
Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

The tragic WPCs and this MP are unrelated.

Unfortunately the police (in general) have forgotten that they are Public Servants and answerable to us.

After 20 years in the Forces this was never forgotten and we did, and they still do, answer to the public.

Question a PC now and its threaten time under a public order charge. They have forgotten our common law rights, to question, under the Magna Carta.

Yes the MP was an idiot to gob off but why did the copper change the rules (the MP cycled out on many occasions) and then want to be beyond reproach?

Same with bad service at the airport - question it and stand by for an un-lubricated gloved hand!!! Shocked Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #357627 Sun Sep 23 2012 5:44pm
nobbyk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mitchell had a bad day at the office, we all have them. The copper probably had the same, it's all handbags. I can think of many occasions, whilst driving home after a bad day, someones cut me up and I swear at them, on any other day I might have called the driver a phleb, some days i say and do nothing, s**t happens, more important things to be doing Confused RRS 2010
3.0 TDV6
HSE
Auto
Santorini
Ivory Leather

Post #357702 Mon Sep 24 2012 12:47pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Steuart64 wrote:

Question a PC now and its threaten time under a public order charge. They have forgotten our common law rights, to question, under the Magna Carta.

Shocked

Good point. A lot of people are unaware that the Magna Carta actually exists, let alone how to use it against {unlawful and potentially irrelevant} acts and statutes - welcome to 2012 Britain Embarassed Embarassed L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #357732 Mon Sep 24 2012 5:46pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

On a lighter note - this made me laugh Laughing

Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #357989 Wed Sep 26 2012 5:19pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

perhaps a good kicking (sorry he fell m'lud whilst being cautioned ) would have been in order Whistle Lucky it was not the old SPG he decided to spray over Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #358070 Thu Sep 27 2012 12:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12