RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Range Rover Sport gets the Miltek Treatment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Johnny,
Your car really does look the biz,can I ask some advice,mine has also had a full Zaino detail and just about ready for a top up when it warms up a little but I've got a real problem with a residue which has appeared after the beading following rain has dried in the sunshine and I just can't get rid of the small dried patches,any tips other than take it off and start again?
I did it on Sunday,snow foamed it 3 times,washed it with really hot water/Zaino shampoo and then Z8 but it's still there.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #330830 Fri Feb 03 2012 4:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
reflectruss

United Kingdom 

It will most likely be down to the temps mate....it dosnt like anything below 8c....have you noticed it before....

Post #330875 Fri Feb 03 2012 7:00pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Hard water or something in the rain ?
As Russ has said, Zaino can be a bit funny at low temps (hence Johnnyopolis trialling a Euro version) but I can't see how that would effect water spotting?
Have you got any other sealants you could stick on one panel to see if you get the same results? ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #330885 Fri Feb 03 2012 7:34pm
Johnnyopolis

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

reflectruss wrote:
It will most likely be down to the temps mate....it dosnt like anything below 8c....have you noticed it before....

What doesn't like anything less than 8 degrees? I have used Zaino AND demo'd it at a meet at -2 degrees!

Post #331095 Sun Feb 05 2012 2:30am
Johnnyopolis

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

ChrisP wrote:
Johnny,
Your car really does look the biz,can I ask some advice,mine has also had a full Zaino detail and just about ready for a top up when it warms up a little but I've got a real problem with a residue which has appeared after the beading following rain has dried in the sunshine and I just can't get rid of the small dried patches,any tips other than take it off and start again?
I did it on Sunday,snow foamed it 3 times,washed it with really hot water/Zaino shampoo and then Z8 but it's still there.

Click image to enlarge

Can you post a picture?

I wouldnt wash with really hot water, that will dry quicker and give you water spotting. I generally use warm just not hot Smile. If that makes sense?

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #331096 Sun Feb 05 2012 2:32am
reflectruss

United Kingdom 

Johnnyopolis wrote:
reflectruss wrote:

What doesn't like anything less than 8 degrees? I have used Zaino AND demo'd it at a meet at -2 degrees!

I stand erected... er corrected....although I have had a similar issue with Zaino in cold temps not curing which led to severe water spotting after the customer drove his AM home and gave it a quick sprinkle with a hose....this was in cold November temps a couple of years ago and it took me a looooong time to remove the spotting....but you have more experience with Zaino than I do Jonny as i dont use it on most jobs....nice to know it can be done though as i have been dodging using it through colder months but could give it another bash....

must admit though it is made of pretty stern stuff....

Post #331312 Mon Feb 06 2012 4:13pm
ChrisP

Just to clarify chaps the spotting occurred when I washed it when it was a hot day but once I had dried it and Z8'd it ,it rained that afternoon and beaded,the sun then came back out and dried the beads leaving the spots which despite now washing and polishing about 3 times they are still there.
That's why I was wondering if we'll have to strip it all off and start again,any chance of a Beta test of the new stuff Whistle
I'll try and get a picture if its dry. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #331315 Mon Feb 06 2012 4:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

Ooooh, did someone say beta test. Laughing
Would gladly test a Zaino 'Euro' version on my RRS or Mrs Bean's Fiat 500 Wink Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #331318 Mon Feb 06 2012 4:30pm
reflectruss

United Kingdom 

ChrisP wrote:
Just to clarify chaps the spotting occurred when I washed it when it was a hot day but once I had dried it and Z8'd it ,it rained that afternoon and beaded,the sun then came back out and dried the beads leaving the spots which despite now washing and polishing about 3 times they are still there.
That's why I was wondering if we'll have to strip it all off and start again,any chance of a Beta test of the new stuff Whistle
I'll try and get a picture if its dry.

Chris I will be stripping it off anyway and starting again....Dis you notice the spots through the summer months or just these winter ones....

Post #331323 Mon Feb 06 2012 4:42pm
ChrisP

Russ
It was about the last wash of the summer on a hot day I think it got baked on a the few times I've washed it since doesn't seem to shift it.
John pranged his X6 last month and he's got that back now so just need it to warm up a bit and we're on Thumbs Up MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #331341 Mon Feb 06 2012 6:39pm
reflectruss

United Kingdom 

I will sort it out for you mate....maybe go for a different finish or stick with Zaino....

Post #331456 Tue Feb 07 2012 2:54pm
ckevin

too bad i can not see the pictures.
i am wondering which exhaust i should get for my TDV8.
somewhere else i can find the pictures?

Post #344313 Mon May 21 2012 5:40am
Beancounter_74

England 

Johnny has since sold the RRS, you could drop Ben at AMD Technik a line as I'm sure he would have the details.
I've not seen Johnny post up these pics anywhere else, but it looks like he's deleted them from his photo account, hence the dud link. Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #344332 Mon May 21 2012 1:21pm
Sexy Pauly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

i had milltek full system put on my Panamera Turbo, sounds amazing! they now have pics of the car all over their site. roars on full throttle. RR Sport supercharged 06
strut grills, strut 22" wheels, Full Kahn Kit
Brembo big brake kit, tinted front and rear lights

CLS 63 AMG Mercedes 2008, Cayenne Turbo S 2007, C32 AMG mercedes 2004, Vito Van 111CDI 2004

Post #344360 Mon May 21 2012 4:24pm
Beancounter_74

England 

ckevin wrote:
somewhere else i can find the pictures?

Try here ckevin Thumbs Up

ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #344362 Mon May 21 2012 4:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>