RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What improvments should the next gen 2014+ RR sport have?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

frankym3

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
What improvments should the next gen 2014+ RR sport have?

Firstly as a new to a 2006 model owner, who has not had a drive in a 2012 on car yet, some of these improvments may already be current....

Anyway myself and some friends were chatting about our different cars the other night with the focus being on how come manufacturers dont evolve and improve their weak spots on each successive model? Some do admitedly, but many dont!

While im aware of the rumours about the 2014 car and how light it will be, (Which is good as long as its not too expensive!) I thougt it might be interesting to hear experienced owners of all models thoughts on what improvments you would like to see on a new car, in terms of luxury, equipment, driver involvment, cost of ownership, design, image, ergonomics and importantly ownership experience?

What would be your top 3 things you would want on the 2014 model which the 2012 car dosent have?

Post #342996 Wed May 09 2012 11:50am
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

better build quality
better build quality
and better build quality

Post #342998 Wed May 09 2012 12:01pm
frankym3

x5pea wrote:
better build quality
better build quality
and better build quality

Haha! Thats my point on ownership experience! You see as a building contractor who has numerous Ford vans for work, I am only too aware of what Fords attitude to their customers was, which is basically we build cheap cars and you dont have to buy off us if you dont want too.......

(Case in point on this, we were offered a test drive in a 2012 pre registered transit the other day with delivery miles which had more surface corrosion than the 2006 Citroen being traded in against it!... same thing as had happened when we had traded our 02 Citroen in against an 07 Transit some years before and same thing as when we had traded in our 00 Peugeot against 04 Transit before that! .... Every time we were told Ford is dealing with the problem and it wont be an issue on the new model!... now they are a cheap vehicle and they are a workhorse so a blind eye was turned... but Ford knows this and that sucks in my opinion!)

However when that accountacy driven logic is applied to a Luxury brand such as Range Rover it aint good enough! ... as I dont own a vehicle from the Tata years I cant say if their attitude will be different, but my experience on Tata pick ups is that they are hardly Maybachs, so would be dubious as to their commitment!!!!

Plus when you have proven time and again that you struggle with basic wiring tasks and use crappy components to do this... then why in the hell would you fill your vehicles with complicated electronics!

........ rant over!

Post #343004 Wed May 09 2012 12:13pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Rolling with laughter @ x5pea

For me:
Remote closing boot - the powered boot is so good, but not being able to close it remotely or when sat in the car is a pain.
Better fuel economy (not that I'm complaining, but a lot of competitors are achieving WAY higher figures)
Head Up display Bow down Was in the M3 I test drove prior to this.......so cool Cool

Oh, and a spare wheel that cannot be nicked by a 2 year old with a set of Tomy pliers. Whistle ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #343005 Wed May 09 2012 12:24pm
SRE

Spain 

A spare wheel in PINK with the VIN stamped on it might help. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #343009 Wed May 09 2012 12:35pm
frankym3

Beancounter_74 wrote:
Rolling with laughter @ x5pea

For me:
Remote closing boot - the powered boot is so good, but not being able to close it remotely or when sat in the car is a pain.
Better fuel economy (not that I'm complaining, but a lot of competitors are achieving WAY higher figures)
Head Up display Bow down Was in the M3 I test drove prior to this.......so cool Cool

Oh, and a spare wheel that cannot be nicked by a 2 year old with a set of Tomy pliers. Whistle

Have they fixed the curling airbag cover on the MY12 steering wheel yet bean counter? Is it even the same wheel?

No courtesy lights externally on 06 HSE (other than remotely controlled Xenons) either... even my bros Navara has this!

The crappy green backlighting could go too... does reek of Ford!

Panoramic roof not available like all the top spec X5s either?

Post #343010 Wed May 09 2012 12:37pm
frankym3

SRE wrote:
A spare wheel in PINK with the VIN stamped on it might help.

...or a bear trap where the spare wheel should be!

Post #343011 Wed May 09 2012 12:38pm
Beancounter_74

England 

@ Frankym3
Airbag cover seems ok, but mine is only 6 months old. I think they updated it for MY10 Confused
Courtesy lights (do you mean follow me home ?) are now standard (you can also set how long they stay on for), as well as being able to put on the front and front & rear via the remote. (quite cool a great for scaring the s*#t out of my neighbour when he puts his rubbish out Rolling with laughter )
Green back lighting all gone, interiors is far more rrefined than pre MY10 models. Take a look over on the RR official website. Thumbs Up
Panoramic roof - like your thinking Cool They have it on the Evoque now, so I suppose its not unfeasable for them on the new RRS. I'd be worried about cracking though to be honest, as the RRS is the most likely and most capable car to go off road, so not sure if that would be a disaster waiting to happen Confused ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #343012 Wed May 09 2012 12:46pm
WolfgangK

Germany 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

I agree with Beancounter ,
Remote closing of the boot, Thumbs Up
more space for the el. seat switches
a better place for the back eye camera for connecting the trailer
adjustable head rest
a steering wheel with wood parts as option

WolfgangK

Post #343016 Wed May 09 2012 12:55pm
frankym3

Beancounter_74 wrote:
@ Frankym3
Airbag cover seems ok, but mine is only 6 months old. I think they updated it for MY10 Confused
Courtesy lights (do you mean follow me home ?) are now standard (you can also set how long they stay on for), as well as being able to put on the front and front & rear via the remote. (quite cool a great for scaring the s*#t out of my neighbour when he puts his rubbish out Rolling with laughter )
Green back lighting all gone, interiors is far more rrefined than pre MY10 models. Take a look over on the RR official website. Thumbs Up
Panoramic roof - like your thinking Cool They have it on the Evoque now, so I suppose its not unfeasable for them on the new RRS. I'd be worried about cracking though to be honest, as the RRS is the most likely and most capable car to go off road, so not sure if that would be a disaster waiting to happen Confused

Cant wait to gt my hands on a my10 on car soon! maybe in another year when im happy with how this one behaves!

My car has follow me home lights in that the xenons stay on for a set amount of time, I mean just the simple little things, like lights under wing mirrors or behind door handles, like most Lexus, bmws etc etc now have

You might be right on the cracking, but maybe a gel coat of some sort to top half of car only would cure it...

Have you pics of your interior in gallery section?... it looks seriously nice... and in fairness to RR they make the best looking interiors out of them all, X5 is boring as is ML, Lexus, Q7 and all others!

Post #343017 Wed May 09 2012 12:55pm
Beancounter_74

England 

There's a couple of interior shots of when I got my car in my gallery, click in the button at the bottom of this post Thumbs Up

Also, a couple of different pics in my thread here Smile ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #343018 Wed May 09 2012 1:01pm
frankym3

Beancounter_74 wrote:
There's a couple of interior shots of when I got my car in my gallery, click in the button at the bottom of this post Thumbs Up

Also, a couple of different pics in my thread here Smile

Pure class... great combination of colours and love the new centre console!..... are you a premiership footballer or a stock broker! or as the name implies an accountant!?

Post #343020 Wed May 09 2012 1:15pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Accountant Embarassed Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #343022 Wed May 09 2012 1:24pm
frankym3

Beancounter_74 wrote:
Accountant Embarassed Thumbs Up

I have an accountant with a brand new car too... the one place theres still money to be made I guess!

Post #343024 Wed May 09 2012 1:59pm
Beancounter_74

England 

I also work in the oil sector which helps too Wink I complain when I fill up at the pump prices, but with oil at $111 a barrel, I shouldn't moan as its good for business Laughing

Your right though, even when firms are going insolvent they 'need' accountants Embarassed ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #343027 Wed May 09 2012 2:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>