RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Leasing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

F9 JDM

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue
Leasing

What is the best leasing company to use, considering leasing a new RRS next year instead of buying one, I would like to buy one but got a wedding to pay for next year and a possible house move in march 2012 RRS Autobiography, Fuji White all the toys
2011 Audi RS5

Post #326372 Thu Dec 29 2011 1:10am
Beancounter_74

England 

Land Rovers current lease on the RRS is around 5.9% APR from memory, which in the current market, isn't bad.
These things move up and down a fair amount, so it's worth looking around when you're close to pulling the trigger. Smile

I looked at 4 companies and none could match the LR finance, so definitely worth getting a quote from them first. I'm guessing that the closer we get to a new model RRS being available, the finance on the current models will improve. Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #326424 Thu Dec 29 2011 5:24pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

do you have any relatives with cash? given how pathetic the returns on savings or other "safe" investments are, consider borrowing the total amount from them and paying back with 7-9% interest

Thumbs Up ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #326425 Thu Dec 29 2011 5:24pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I got mine earlier this year through Lex Autolease and with a bit of haggling with the supplying dealer ended up with a monthly payment about £150 less than the best offer LR Finance offered. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #326429 Thu Dec 29 2011 5:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

ChrisP wrote:
I got mine earlier this year through Lex Autolease and with a bit of haggling with the supplying dealer ended up with a monthly payment about £150 less than the best offer LR Finance offered.

Sorry to highjack slightly, but out of interest (pardon the pun!) what APR rate did you get Chris? ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #326431 Thu Dec 29 2011 5:45pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Not at work at the moment to check but the main clincher was the discount agreed between us all on the car.
Can check and reply when I get back to work if it tells me,not sure it does on a Contract Hire ? MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #326444 Thu Dec 29 2011 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beancounter_74

England 

ChrisP wrote:
Not at work at the moment to check but the main clincher was the discount agreed between us all on the car.
Can check and reply when I get back to work if it tells me,not sure it does on a Contract Hire ?

No worries mate, was just curious. Agreed though that a good discount can make a difference on the monthly payment. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #326450 Thu Dec 29 2011 8:47pm
Lookers Park Royal

ChrisP wrote:
Can check and reply when I get back to work if it tells me,not sure it does on a Contract Hire ?

Correct Chris, no APR with a Contract Hire agreement as it is just a rental agreement as opposed to a regulated finance agreement.

In essence, you were offered £150 pcm less than Land Rover Contract Hire (Lex) by another CH company. Hope this helps?

James Thumbs Up

Post #335755 Thu Mar 08 2012 3:54pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Ah, I see, I thought we were talking a PCP type thing. seems I'm trying to compare apples with oranges Smile ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #335784 Thu Mar 08 2012 6:26pm
stevecbj

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Try Morgan, Highfield & Land in Sheffield area. Contract Hire ours from them at over £200 a month less than main dealer. Did what they said, when they said. Car delivered on time & obviously they come from a main dealer anyway. Delivered on a trailer to where you want.

Cheers

Post #335865 Fri Mar 09 2012 9:25am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Is that an essex thing beano Laughing Wink

Post #335867 Fri Mar 09 2012 9:29am
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

stevecbj wrote:
Try Morgan, Highfield & Land in Sheffield area. Contract Hire ours from them at over £200 a month less than main dealer. Did what they said, when they said. Car delivered on time & obviously they come from a main dealer anyway. Delivered on a trailer to where you want.

Cheers

Very different to my experience with them. I've ordered 2 cars from them and they messed up both. They are best avoided if you actually want the car you order! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #336029 Sat Mar 10 2012 6:17pm
Mixy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi,
If any wants any advice about how to finance a RRS, then just ask, I am an expert in vehicle finance and leasing and will happily answer any questions you may have. There are many ways to do this, here is a brief overview;

Purchase agreements - All subject to a flat rate of finance & therefore have an APR rate

PCP/BCP (Personal or Business contract purchase), 24 - 60 Month hire purchase agreements with a guaranteed future value so you can either hand the car back or buy it for an pre-set price at the end of the agreement.

Lease Purchase - Similar to a PCP/BCP but the final payment is your responsibility, so in other words a deferred lump sum, ideal if you want to but the car at the end of the agreement. Just compare the total amount payable with a PCP/BCP, often the finance rates on a Lease Purchase are higher.

Balance Payments - This is a finance agreement linked to the Libor rate and the interest charged is charged on a daily basis, ideal if you want to change your car early.

Hire Purchase - Standard, fully amortised finance over a given period. In other words a loan attached to the car. 24 - 60 Months.

Hire Agreements

Contract Hire - This can be business or personal and allows the use of a car over a set period, then at the end you just hand it back and start again. No reward, no risk.

Finance Lease - This is a rental agreement whereby you take on board the residual risk of the vehicle by paying a final rental, then disposing of the car on behalf of the finance company.

I could put loads more info on here, but to be honest, every person/company has a different agenda so if you have a specific question just ask.

I am more than happy to give you fellow RRS owners any advice you need.

Post #336585 Wed Mar 14 2012 10:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1