RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New Prospestive RRS Owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

stevecbj

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi

Had an X5 previously (90k trouble free miles in 3 years), currently with a 2011 RRS. Depends what you like really, both great cars (wait for the X5 haters to shoot me down).

The x5 is a much harder/sportier drive, which is good some times and bad others, the RRS sport is more comfortable & will be much better in bad weather - don't buy the X5 if you think it will be great in snow/off road etc.

If fuel economy worries you, then X5 engines are clear winners.

Which would i get next time, has to be RRS so far - but would have to be the model after the interior update, not keen on the previous version.

Whichever you go for you'll enjoy, just for different reasons.

Steve

Post #327465 Mon Jan 09 2012 7:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Valjean

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRS are much better for the snow or off-roading! Also IMO the MY10 is very plush! Mind you I have to sell mine to make way for a company car!

I use a detachable tow bar and a four-place bike rack with in built electrics and no. plate - boot not really big enough for more than 1/2bikes. CURRENT: 3.0TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey, Privacy Glass, Rear DVDs, Extended Leather

Post #327479 Mon Jan 09 2012 8:31pm
Mr H

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

For me the rrs just has way more presence, way way more Have i got the busted controller?!?!!?

2009 RRS TDV8
Santorini Black
Ivory / Anigre
Privacy
DVD & TV
Side Steps

Post #327515 Mon Jan 09 2012 11:16pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Beancounter_74

Thumbs Up

Post #327555 Tue Jan 10 2012 11:20am
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

I test drove an X5 3.5D M-Sport and a HST back to back as I was after either or when I was looking.

The X5 is quicker, but coming fro an E92 M3 I felt I was in the same car only higher, and lets face it, the HST looks amazing compared to the drab X5 Very Happy

If you want to get around in the snow/ice/mud there is only really one option.......................

Post #327558 Tue Jan 10 2012 11:27am
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Even being a bit of a LR Nut i looked at the other possibles when I changed from my D3 last year. The Touareg was really impressive quicker than the RRS and in escape get up a good looking 4x4 ( better looking than when it gets 911 bits grafted onto each end to become the Cayenne). But in the end it was a little soulless. i would recommend having a test drive in one though.

My neighbour and boss both have Q7s so that was out of the equation and for me the better BMW 4x4 is the X3 since its relaunch.

Also and probably above all else when i was 12 I wanted a 3 door Range Rover CSK not an Inflated Golf or a 5 series estate on stilts. To me the RRS is the closest of the range to the classic RR .

Happy Hunting Thumbs Up 2011 MY- RRS HSE - Zermatt -Ebony-Piano .... its a monochrome world

2006- BMW Z4M Roadster -Titanium Silver

Club - Ex Defender & Disco 3

Post #327563 Tue Jan 10 2012 12:32pm
Beancounter_74

England 

I looked at/drove the following before I got my RRS:
X5 - Decided it just wasn't for me, a little bland - sounds silly, but also my 2 closest dealerships are complete bunch of Censored's when I dealt with them in the past and I decided that I couldn't be bothered dealing with them again.
Cayenne - Nice car and liked them, but two friends have them and also 4-5 month waiting list put me off.
Q7 - Thought this would be a serious contender but neither I or Mrs Beancounter liked this when we test drove it - shame I still like the look of them when I see one on the road.

My test drive in the RRS sold me within the first minute, and I didn't look at anything else after that.

I still think all of the above are very good cars, and excel at different things to be honest. 'You pays your money, you takes your choice' Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #327573 Tue Jan 10 2012 1:58pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

BMW is much more stylish, and better off road, and much more rare on our roads. It has so much class, and is admired by everyone who sees it, makes the RRS look very dated and old hat, and not very classy...

Only joking!!!! Reverse what I said, and you have your answer Laughing

Post #327575 Tue Jan 10 2012 2:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12