RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Installing ACC on 06 range sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Matte

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Installing ACC on 06 range sport

Hello there, im new to the forum just brought my first range last week and have many question. Firstly is it possible to add the adaptive cruise control to my car although it didnt come factory fitted.

Post #324517 Fri Dec 09 2011 12:10am
mcgovern01

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Hi Matte,
I am also new to the forum, but not new to Range Rovers, although this is my first Sport, and I prefer it to the L322.
I also posted last week regarding ACC, which on my car was not working properly. (see post here - http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic24915.html?highlight=)

There are many who don't like the ACC as it can get annoying when people pull into the safe gap that your ACC has provided, but it's a personal choice - just be careful of what you wish for, as it cannot be turned off!

As for a retrofit, I don't know, but having just removed the bumper etc to fix mine - it would be an easy job to fit the bracket and sensor unit. However, Where I guess you will have a problem is you will need a new steering wheel with the extra buttons I think, but I don't know if the wiring is pre-installed, otherwise it would be a massive problem! The system is linked into all of the wheel sensors, abs system, cruise control system etc. so I guess only possible if 'pre-wired', but I doubt it. I think the ACC was only fitted to a few models anyway? I am sure someone with more knowledge can answer that one!

Hope that helps, but hopefully someone with more knowledge can advise you on the pre-wired status of your car.

(I am also from Kent, and my office is in Dartford by the way!)

Phil Range Rover Sport Supercharged
55 plate
Bonatti Grey
Ivory Leather
Side steps

Gone but not forgotten...
Range Rover L322 Vogue Black
Range Rover P38 4.0 Blue
Range Rover Classic Black
Land Rover 130 Crew Cab V8

Plus many other non landrover, including BMW and Audi, neither of which satisfy as much as a range rover - when it's working properly!

Post #324520 Fri Dec 09 2011 12:55am
mark hamster

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

did this come std on 2006 and is it just supercharge or 2.7d as well.?

Post #324613 Fri Dec 09 2011 10:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcgovern01

I believe that on 2005/6 it was supercharged and optional on HSE, but I am far from an authority on the subject!
I'm sure someone far more knowledgeable than I can give you a definitive answer, although my opinion is that a retrofit would be impossible unless factory pre-wired. I can't answer as to whether it is or not. Sorry!
Phil Range Rover Sport Supercharged
55 plate
Bonatti Grey
Ivory Leather
Side steps

Range Rover P38 4.0 Blue

Plus many other non landrover, including BMW and Audi, neither of which satisfy as much as a range rover - when it's working properly!

Post #324624 Sat Dec 10 2011 12:05am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

mcgovern01 wrote:

There are many who don't like the ACC as it can get annoying when people pull into the safe gap that your ACC has provided, but it's a personal choice - just be careful of what you wish for, as it cannot be turned off!

Phil

Strange, the ACC on my 07 TDV8 is only on when I ask it to be on. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #324631 Sat Dec 10 2011 12:56am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

mark hamster wrote:
did this come std on 2006 and is it just supercharge or 2.7d as well.?

The TDV8 had it as std too. The 2.7? No. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #324632 Sat Dec 10 2011 12:57am
mcgovern01

Interested to know how you 'ask' for it to be on, as mine seems to be active when I set cruise control? No option to turn off the 'active' part?
However, I have only had mine working for a couple of days (thanks to LieghG from this forum!) - so maybe I am missing something? (55 RRS supercharged) Range Rover Sport Supercharged
55 plate
Bonatti Grey
Ivory Leather
Side steps

Range Rover P38 4.0 Blue

Post #324633 Sat Dec 10 2011 1:11am
Kensta

mcgovern01 wrote:
Interested to know how you 'ask' for it to be on, as mine seems to be active when I set cruise control? No option to turn off the 'active' part?
However, I have only had mine working for a couple of days (thanks to LieghG from this forum!) - so maybe I am missing something? (55 RRS supercharged)

Hi mcgovern01, I noticed u mentioning having a L322 vogue previously, was it a TD6? I'm currently thinking of gettin one of those, did u have any issues with it? How was it? It's just an idea I'm going thru at the mo as the girlfriend wants an Evoque and won't be using my sport anymore, I'm thinkin of an older Vogue around 05 year as I cud sell my car settle finance and pay off a vogue strait away with the leftover cash then make it a nice project fit some OverFinch bumpers etc and it won't stand me nowt so any advice u have on them cud b handy Java black 2006

Post #324637 Sat Dec 10 2011 9:06am
mcgovern01

No oil burners for me! Never had a diesel.
Mine was an 03 petrol 4.4. I have been told that the TDV6 wasn't really enough power for a car that size, but not having ever driven one, I can't really comment!
Depending on the mileage you do, I would go for petrol. Cheaper cars to buy, cheaper per litre of fuel, quieter and more powerful. Range Rover Sport Supercharged
55 plate
Bonatti Grey
Ivory Leather
Side steps

Range Rover P38 4.0 Blue

Post #324640 Sat Dec 10 2011 10:36am
Kensta

Yeah petrol is an option too as I don't do a lot of miles, how was yors on fuel? Any issues with yors? Java black 2006

Post #324671 Sat Dec 10 2011 7:02pm
mark hamster

mcgovern01 wrote:
Mine was an 03 petrol 4.4. I have been told that the TDV6 wasn't really enough power for a car that size, but not having ever driven one, I can't really comment!
Depending on the mileage you do, I would go for petrol. Cheaper cars to buy, cheaper per litre of fuel, quieter and more powerful.
my rrs is my first and for the size of car i think my diesel 2.7 is very good,got loads of pulling power from start,more than i expected to be honest.!! allthough just had some new egr's put in at landrover nottingham and they told me my car is chipped.! dont no if this makes much differnce but a friend of mine said they dont really make that much differnce,i no one thing,use to drive my boss old x5 and my rrs has more grunt.!!

Post #324673 Sat Dec 10 2011 7:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcgovern01

I was saying that the tdv6 isnt gutsy enough for the big rangies, (L322), not the RRS.

As for my L322, had no real problems except for the gearbox failed one day, but I was lucky enough to find out on another forum that this fault was subject to a recall, so had £2000 worth of work done by my local dealer for free, and quickly! Apart from that, great car, but I think the RRS handles better, but doesn't feel that much smaller inside?

The other bonus was that I sold it for £50 less than I paid for it, and I had put nearly 40,000 miles on it!

Have had other cars, but if you can afford the fuel, I don't think you can beat a range rover of any kind! Range Rover Sport Supercharged
55 plate
Bonatti Grey
Ivory Leather
Side steps

Range Rover P38 4.0 Blue

Post #324677 Sat Dec 10 2011 8:10pm
mark hamster

mcgovern01 wrote:
I was saying that the tdv6 isnt gutsy enough for the big rangies, (L322), not the RRS.

As for my L322, had no real problems except for the gearbox failed one day, but I was lucky enough to find out on another forum that this fault was subject to a recall, so had £2000 worth of work done by my local dealer for free, and quickly! Apart from that, great car, but I think the RRS handles better, but doesn't feel that much smaller inside?

The other bonus was that I sold it for £50 less than I paid for it, and I had put nearly 40,000 miles on it!

Have had other cars, but if you can afford the fuel, I don't think you can beat a range rover of any kind!
Thumbs Up

Post #324678 Sat Dec 10 2011 8:19pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

mcgovern01 wrote:
Depending on the mileage you do, I would go for petrol. Cheaper cars to buy, cheaper per litre of fuel, quieter and more powerful.

I hated fuelling my S/C Sad , now I've had a Diesel I'm not sure id go back.

Post #324684 Sat Dec 10 2011 9:01pm
Kensta

mcgovern01 wrote:

Have had other cars, but if you can afford the fuel, I don't think you can beat a range rover of any kind!

Yeah ive heard the box is a common fault on them to go I've been reading that up on that ffrr site, theres some helpful people on there just like here Java black 2006

Post #324708 Sun Dec 11 2011 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>