RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > New lower/raising module & diag.tool - beta testers reqd
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 
New lower/raising module & diag.tool - beta testers reqd

Hi Everyone,
Just to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes right off the bat: this is a commercial thread - well, at least somewhat commercial. Razz

While I am a long standing member on FFRangeRover.com, I am not a RRSport owner - yet anyway. And I am switching sides - I'm now a forum sponsor.

I've gotten together with two other guys who are active on the forum at rangerovers.net (Christian (ChrisGAPInnov), Patrick (PatGAPInnov)) as GAP Diagnostic. We have two new products for Land Rovers/Range Rovers at the moment: the EASControl which allows the modification of the height parameters stored in the EAS ECU (and limited diagnostic functionality of the EAS system) and the IIDTool which offers diagnostic functionality on (nearly) all vehicle systems for the RR L322 2002-05, RR L322 2006-09, Range Rover Sport 2005-09, and Disco3 2004-09.

Both units are OBD. This means that there is no installation: you plug them in the OBD socket, use, unplug, and toss into the glove box. Once plugged in, you activate the system with the resume button of the cruise control. The menu is displayed on the vehicle's message center in the instrument cluster and the menu is navigated via the cruise control buttons. Unplug when you're done. That's it!

The EASControl is by far the most advanced method to raise or lower an EAS equipped LR – no wires are cut, no links added and no trips to a shop with a diagnostic computer. Limited numbers of the beta version are available at $250. If interested, please let us know via PM or email to ObdEascBeta@GAP-Diagnostic.com .

The IIDTool is the big brother to the EASControl. It has all the EAS functionality the EASControl has and is a full diagnostic system as well. The advantage of the IIDTool over any other diagnostic system is that it is only about the size of a box of matches and requires no additional cables/laptops/etc. This unit is being offered in a beta version for testing at $365. We are contractually bound to offer only 50 units of each vehicle type (We've managed to secure a good deal for worldwide distribution for our products – we will announce with whom ASAP). If interested, please let us know via PM or email to IIDToolBeta@GAP-Diagnostic.com .

We are very interested in hearing your comments, ideas, or suggestions. And we will try to answer any questions you might have.

I will do a detailed post on both units seperately in the next few days.

Here is a short vid showing EAS functionality on a RRSport:
[/quote]

Last edited by stevemfr on Tue Aug 23 2011 5:22pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #310949 Mon Aug 22 2011 10:23pm
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Does the EAS have to remain in the ODB port to maintain the height adjustment? or does it remember the settings (even after a re-start for example) RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #311022 Tue Aug 23 2011 1:05pm
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

No, with the EASControl as with the IIDTool you plug it in, use it, disconnect it and that's it - till the next time you want to make changes.

Think of both units as very small diagnostic computers. When the dealer uses his IDS to calibrate the EAS, he writes values to the EAS ECU, disconnects the IDS, and you continue on your way. The same happens with these units. You use the EASControl or the IIDTool to write new values to the EAS ECU. . These values remain through new starts, battery disconnects, etc until you next reprogram.

Post #311083 Tue Aug 23 2011 5:14pm
awd man

cheers

I'll keep watching for the additional info Thumbs Up RRS gone

Post #311085 Tue Aug 23 2011 5:20pm
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

Have a read by your colleagues-in-cars :-p
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47079

Post #311198 Wed Aug 24 2011 12:52am
ellivas

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Are their any implications to ride comfort and handling etc if you lower your RRS to the floor? I think our cousins across the pond call it "slammed" or the "gangsta" look.

Post #311225 Wed Aug 24 2011 10:20am
awd man

any reduction in ride height will effect the ride quality

depending on the amount, from 10mm being slightly harder to 40mm being almost as hard as access, RRS gone

Post #311229 Wed Aug 24 2011 10:22am
ellivas

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Thanks for that awd man, this mod is not for me then, at my age i need all the comfort i can get Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #311233 Wed Aug 24 2011 10:25am
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

Another vid showing various items in the IIDTool menu

- The root menu of the IIDTool.
- The Read menu shows all ECU’s present on the vehicle.
- The Service/Test menu.
- The View Values menu.
- The Save/Restore menu.

The second video shows the Adjust All of the Test Valves function. This function was developed to help in the diagnostics of the EAS system. It can also be used to lower or raise the vehicle manually. In this case, we lower it to the bump stops - for those who like the 'slammed' or 'dropped' look when parked Laughing or just want to wash the vehicle more easily or put luggage on the roof rack.

I'm on holiday this coming week - so I won't be answering here in the thread or pm's/mails.

Post #312480 Sun Sep 04 2011 11:17am
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 
2010> vehicle timeline

I just thought I'd post this one more time as I've been receiving PM's and mail on this:
We are going to try to adapt our units to 2010> vehicles as quickly as we can - it will likely not be till the 1st quarter of 2012 though Sad . The immediate problem is the display - after that we'll have to explore how much else has been changed within the systems.

Our workload at the moment is simply too large: we are finishing the first batch of production units (which have all new USB upgradeable hardware), we need to finish development on programming functionality for systems other than the EAS on the IIDTool, and we have several other projects going on in parallel.

If it turns out to be easy to write to the display and all else is the same (or nearly so) as in the pre-2010 vehicles, we'll get it out quickly. If not... Rolling Eyes

Post #316475 Fri Oct 07 2011 10:03am
awd man

pm'd and emailed Thumbs Up RRS gone

Post #316513 Fri Oct 07 2011 2:37pm
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

and answered Thumbs Up

Post #316660 Sat Oct 08 2011 10:42pm
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

In response to a request:

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #317247 Thu Oct 13 2011 10:08am
cplatt

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Got mine a few weeks ago and love it! Raised it up about 20mm as easy as plugging it into the dash and hitting a few buttons. Gave me the clearance I needed to put on the Nitto's at 285/60/18 on my 2008 RRS SC. Haven't gotten out in the woods yet, but looking forward to it soon!

Post #317384 Fri Oct 14 2011 12:35pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

Great work by the chaps here...I've got my EAS module as well now for 1.5 months, and works beautifully! PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #317402 Fri Oct 14 2011 4:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>