RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Reflashing/remapping 3.0 TDV6 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bennyboy

Australia 
Reflashing/remapping 3.0 TDV6 RRS

Evening gents, I shall be taking possession shortly of a 2011 3.0lt TDV6. I do hear however that there is some slight lag when driving so am keen to look at options to smooth that out and also to increase power as well.

I've done a search but there doesn't seem to be much on what is actually available for the 3lt in terms of remapping. Has anyone on here done so successfully or could otherwise offer any advice?

Many thanks,
Ben.

Post #314059 Sun Sep 18 2011 9:57am
A1GSS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Hi Ben

Talk to Pete Bell at Bell Autos - sponsor on the sister "Disco3" forum, he's got huge experience of remapping the TDV6 engines. Top bloke.

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/

Rgds Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #314062 Sun Sep 18 2011 11:06am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would recommend driving it for a couple of months without the map to see if you then think you really need to overcome this rumoured lag on the TDv6 3.0ltr - it was a feature of the 2.7ltr but IIRC mostly cured for 2010MY upgrade to the 3.0ltr 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #314077 Sun Sep 18 2011 4:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco4x4au

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

There's no significant lag in the 3.0 ltr - less than most turbo-diesels. AFAIK, there is only one place in Perth that will do a remap (from DMS - can't recall the name, but they're in Victoria Park), and last I checked the cost was around $2300. Shocked

There are a few chips around - not as good a solution, but cheaper and more choice available. Australian company ChipIt do a good unit, programmable and with EGT protection built in.

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #314137 Mon Sep 19 2011 1:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bennyboy

Australia 

antoniasdad wrote:
Hi Ben

Talk to Pete Bell at Bell Autos - sponsor on the sister "Disco3" forum, he's got huge experience of remapping the TDV6 engines. Top bloke.

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/

Rgds

Hi antoniasdad, I did look at the thread where supposedly Bell Auto's were developing a flash for this engine but after repeated bumps of people asking there was no reply, just a promise that it was coming 'soon'.

If Bell see this perhaps they can respond?

Post #314167 Mon Sep 19 2011 10:53am
bennyboy

Australia 

disco4x4au wrote:
There's no significant lag in the 3.0 ltr - less than most turbo-diesels. AFAIK, there is only one place in Perth that will do a remap (from DMS - can't recall the name, but they're in Victoria Park), and last I checked the cost was around $2300. Shocked

There are a few chips around - not as good a solution, but cheaper and more choice available. Australian company ChipIt do a good unit, programmable and with EGT protection built in.

Cheers,

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, I've heard good things about DMS. I come from fairly well modded sports cars and they have a reasonable rep there so I might do some digging and see where abouts they are in Vic Park.

I see you've modded yours, is that a plug and play chip? Has it given much of an increase vs the price?

Cheers mate,
Ben.

Post #314168 Mon Sep 19 2011 10:55am
A1GSS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I've PM'ed him for you. Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #314226 Mon Sep 19 2011 6:33pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi

Sorry for my lack of responce on the forum latley, its show season and my time have been used up preparing and working on the many i attend throughout the year.

Tuning for the 3.0L TDV6 has been donen for 18 months now and in the last week the MY20128 speed model with no problems, however this tuning is ony available at my workshop as itsa bench program option and not OBD.

The ecus are OBD tuning protected and this does and will take quite some time to crack, untill then the only option i can offer for tuning is if i have the engine ecu here on the bench for tuning.

Pete

Post #314258 Mon Sep 19 2011 8:31pm
disco4x4au

bennyboy wrote:

Thanks Gordon, I've heard good things about DMS. I come from fairly well modded sports cars and they have a reasonable rep there so I might do some digging and see where abouts they are in Vic Park.

I see you've modded yours, is that a plug and play chip? Has it given much of an increase vs the price?

Cheers mate,
Ben.

Mine (the Spider) blew a little too much smoke for my liking, and triggered an EGT warning when towing a heavy caravan, so I've removed it. Performance in the mid-band range was certainly more aggressive (quicker than a TDV8 - around 8.0sec to 100kph), fuel consumption about the same. The ChipIt one I mentioned apparently doesn't suffer from either of the above problems.

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #314289 Tue Sep 20 2011 2:22am
bennyboy

Australia 

bellautos wrote:
Hi

Sorry for my lack of responce on the forum latley, its show season and my time have been used up preparing and working on the many i attend throughout the year.

Tuning for the 3.0L TDV6 has been donen for 18 months now and in the last week the MY20128 speed model with no problems, however this tuning is ony available at my workshop as itsa bench program option and not OBD.

The ecus are OBD tuning protected and this does and will take quite some time to crack, untill then the only option i can offer for tuning is if i have the engine ecu here on the bench for tuning.

Pete

Thanks Pete, mine is the MY2011 model. Can this be done remotely? What sort of gains are people getting?

Cheers,
Ben

Post #314325 Tue Sep 20 2011 2:09pm
bennyboy

Australia 

disco4x4au wrote:
bennyboy wrote:

Cheers mate,
Ben.

Mine (the Spider) blew a little too much smoke for my liking, and triggered an EGT warning when towing a heavy caravan, so I've removed it. Performance in the mid-band range was certainly more aggressive (quicker than a TDV8 - around 8.0sec to 100kph), fuel consumption about the same. The ChipIt one I mentioned apparently doesn't suffer from either of the above problems.

Thanks Gordon, I've got s hilux too and I know a lot of the hilux guys use chipit with fairly good results. Do u know anyone who has used it on the 3.0 tdv6 rrs?
Cheers,

Gordon

Post #314326 Tue Sep 20 2011 2:11pm
disco4x4au

bennyboy wrote:

Thanks Gordon, I've got s hilux too and I know a lot of the hilux guys use chipit with fairly good results. Do u know anyone who has used it on the 3.0 tdv6 rrs?
Cheers,

PM user Dorko on the Disco site - he had one fitted to his D4 several months ago. It's recommended that you wait until after your first 6 month check-up service before fitting though.

Cheers,

Post #314625 Thu Sep 22 2011 12:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1