RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jamiequ1

Extended Warranty

Hi guys , how good is a LR extended warranty , is it worth getting ,if the car is still under warranty with them, or should i go to someone like warranty direct , or Kam on here. cheers

Post #288673 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:47pm
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This as been discuss a lot of time... try to search... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #288703 Fri Feb 11 2011 8:28am
jamiequ1

Yes I have searched but can't get answers , what's the difference between extended and select , after your car has reached 75k does it change to select , Exclamation

Post #288704 Fri Feb 11 2011 8:43am
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

To be fair the search function is pretty poor Sad

Here's my thoughts -

Extended LR is roughly the same cost as Warranty Direct, with LR you just ring them up and take the car in, job done! With WD they won't pay for Main Dealers, so you have to find a garage you are happy with, which is not an easy thing to do nowadays, especially if you live rural like myself.

Even with the other warranties available at £399, for the sake of a few hundred pounds the piece of mind a LR warranty gives you is much better than anything else out there, you've just spunked probably at least £20k on a car, what's a few hundred more?

Finally, if you like to sell your car privately like me, you will find the LR warranty a HUGE selling advantage!

Post #288708 Fri Feb 11 2011 9:24am
jamiequ1

Nice one Gilford, that's what I was looking for Smile

Post #288711 Fri Feb 11 2011 9:43am
gilford

jamiequ1 wrote:

No prob's Very Happy

The cost of the LR warranty depends on the mileage, but if oyu are under 75k and you take it without roadside assist its just over £600 IIRC Thumbs Up

I used to pay extra for roadside assist when I had the M3 but have only just realised I get full RAC cover with my bank account Shocked

Always worth checking that out as I have probably wasted hundreds over the years Big Cry

Post #288715 Fri Feb 11 2011 10:01am
hogberto

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

jamiequ1 wrote:
Yes I have searched but can't get answers , what's the difference between extended and select , after your car has reached 75k does it change to select , Exclamation

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/fe...hicPromo_3

Post #288716 Fri Feb 11 2011 10:03am
gilford

I was referring to the search function of the forum and not Google Thumbs Up

Post #288717 Fri Feb 11 2011 10:11am
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

gilford wrote:
jamiequ1 wrote:

No prob's Very Happy

The cost of the LR warranty depends on the mileage, but if oyu are under 75k and you take it without roadside assist its just over £600 IIRC Thumbs Up

I used to pay extra for roadside assist when I had the M3 but have only just realised I get full RAC cover with my bank account Shocked

Always worth checking that out as I have probably wasted hundreds over the years Big Cry

I did the same gilford, but to be honest i have LR Assist and will be keeping it after seeing a few RR's being towed by the rear wheels etc, this is NOT good for the car.

You will also find that the free with your bank providers usually try to worm out of certain things, even with the comprehensive cover that they CLAIM to provide.
I actually used LR Assist and they sent a technician to me from the other side of edinburgh quicker than my Green Flag cover could send a local contractor too!!

Post #288721 Fri Feb 11 2011 10:19am
gilford

chris mc wrote:
gilford wrote:
jamiequ1 wrote:

No prob's Very Happy

I did the same gilford, but to be honest i have LR Assist and will be keeping it after seeing a few RR's being towed by the rear wheels etc, this is NOT good for the car.

You will also find that the free with your bank providers usually try to worm out of certain things, even with the comprehensive cover that they CLAIM to provide.
I actually used LR Assist and they sent a technician to me from the other side of edinburgh quicker than my Green Flag cover could send a local contractor too!!

Thanks for the info Chris, when my renewal is due mid summer I will take that into account Thumbs Up

Post #288722 Fri Feb 11 2011 10:23am
jamiequ1

The car is under 60 k miles,, Stratstones is offering ex warranty for £780 , is that about right? Also if I continue to buy warranty from them , even when you go past 75k is it the same warranty or does it change to select? Thanks guys

Post #288724 Fri Feb 11 2011 10:25am
highfellzippy

United Kingdom 
warranty

it changes to select after 5 years old

Post #288744 Fri Feb 11 2011 12:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

From personal experience LR extended warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on. For instance two weeks after the 3yr factory warranty ran out it didn't cover the suspension knocking that keeps returning every few thousand miles. At the same time it didn't cover a defective battery. Put the money on one side for any repairs instead. Of course if the engine or gearbox blow up big time it might be worth having, but what are the chances of that happening? Slim I would have thought - unless you have a 911. Wink Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #288899 Sat Feb 12 2011 2:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

United Kingdom 

Fair few blown engines on here!! Shocked And diffs, and turbos, and transfer boxes, etc, etc. Gearbox seem OK though. IMHO buy a decent warranty and know what the limitations are, how many peeps on here have a problem costing big dosh just out of 3 year warranty? Most of it would be covered by a warranty costing £600. These are cash cows when they go wrong, and they do. Thumbs Up

PS When I say "here", mean "there" D3side! Embarassed Embarassed Remember a RRS is a D3 in drag! Whistle

Last edited by DSL on Sat Feb 12 2011 2:28pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #288900 Sat Feb 12 2011 2:16pm
jamiequ1

I would not expect it to cover the battery , but would have thought the suspension was covered ? I no what you mean about 911 mine blew twice Sad

Post #288901 Sat Feb 12 2011 2:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>