RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Frustrated new Range Rover Sport owner!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Blanc

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Frustrated new Range Rover Sport owner!

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the problems......

I have a new RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE, just 3 months old! I love the car, my previous car was RRS 2.7, so you can tell I am RR fan. Sadly my new car has had the restricted performance warning lights coming on, but when car is stopped and restarted seems to be fine. After this happened twice I called out LR assistance and was advised that the car needed to go into the supplying dealer Stratstone Aylesbury (not my local dealer).

LR assistance chap advised that as it was late in the day, it would be fine to drive my vehicle slowly to the supplying dealer the next morning and in the meantime a replacement car would be sourced via enterprise. A like for like car was delivered by enterprise to the dealer and I drove off. Minutes later, I was to return to the dealer as the vehicle drove like it was 15 years old, seat moved when driving, tyres slipped about in the rain, noisy engine, wheels squeeking, very poor replacement vehicle.

Enterprise couldn't source a like for like vehicle that day, Stratstone Aylesbury didn't have any spare cars, so I had to make my own way home! My vehicle is still sitting at the Dealer, as apparently they have many RRS's that have been taken in the similar problems! So my car went in Wednesday last week and now its Saturday I still haven't been given a replacement vehicle as LR will only allow enterprise to supply me with a LR! Apparently Stratstone's still haven't looked at my vehicle!

Has anyone been in the same situation? I cant believe I have paid over 50k for a brand new RRS and being treated so poorly! Answers on a postcard please..........

Post #285228 Sat Jan 08 2011 4:36pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 

Your happiness with your car will rely on a good dealer. I used Str Censored nes once and wanted to sell my car, since changing to another dealer I would never sell my car as their service is A1. Why suffer a crap dealer?

Post #285229 Sat Jan 08 2011 4:46pm
JC1

I know its not much help now...........................but you should have gone to Lookers Park Royal Cool Cool MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #285235 Sat Jan 08 2011 5:15pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

You are not alone..... Big Cry

I bought my RRS last June and I have had problems since I got it with dealer service and quality control Evil or Very Mad

Thought I had finally dealt with everything last November but discovered they messed up the locks and not been able to use it since xmas week and dealer says they can't even look at it for another week..... I am totally Censored off.

I considered changing my work FL1 after xmas for a new Defender XS LWB but they can forget it now Rolling Eyes

I had a good run - 10 years/5 fantastic LR's without complaint but the last 10 months have been hell - nobody at LR gives a toss anymore Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #285246 Sat Jan 08 2011 6:36pm
admiral

United Kingdom 

having reviewed the problem with rrs dealers you are all to be commended for keeping faith ,am afraid that i did try and purchase a rrsport ,but the feeling of service was not there at three dealers got the impression that they just did not care about the customer ,so i paid my money and bought an infiniti fx 30d ,all the toys to play with and service you cannot believe , vehicle collected and an identical new model always left with you and fuel in it they even phone up to check that everthing is in order every 3 months , it also works in the snow just a perfect cross suv and 33 mpg to date and acelerates like a rocket i know it not a rrs but then those leds lights are sillyat the front ,and if i am paying this money its got to be reliable ,all the best Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #285268 Sat Jan 08 2011 10:19pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

Had a totally dreadful experience when I bought my D3 new from the incompetents at S****stones Wooburn Green (now Burnham), seriously, I would never deal with these people (any S/S dealership), or let them loose on my vehicle ever again. Twisted Evil Actually , I think they've finally got the message, as they didn't phone me to see if I wanted to book it in for a service when it was due a few months back Laughing . RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #285269 Sat Jan 08 2011 10:24pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Re: Frustrated new Range Rover Sport owner!

Blanc wrote:

Enterprise couldn't source a like for like vehicle that day, Stratstone Aylesbury didn't have any spare cars, so I had to make my own way home! My vehicle is still sitting at the Dealer, as apparently they have many RRS's that have been taken in the similar problems! So my car went in Wednesday last week and now its Saturday I still haven't been given a replacement vehicle as LR will only allow enterprise to supply me with a LR! Apparently Stratstone's still haven't looked at my vehicle!

Has anyone been in the same situation? I cant believe I have paid over 50k for a brand new RRS and being treated so poorly! Answers on a postcard please..........

At least you got a RRS!! I first got offered a 1.1 Fiesta then a Ford Galaxy!! Was without a car for 4 days and umpteen phone calls trying to get one. Eventually got a Freelander, then on second breakdown a Mondeo in drag (X type Jag) then another Freelander. I only got a Disco 3 (that broke down) a week before they bought the RRS back off me!!! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #285271 Sat Jan 08 2011 11:12pm
8 CDC

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Unable to supply a like for like vehicle?? What is your salesmans demo....or the sales managers even?? Stand your ground, highlight what you have paid out.....even mention an almighty slur to be posted on a public website if they don't budge. Everybody is clinging on to their sanity….Some just hide it better than others….

Post #285293 Sun Jan 09 2011 12:45am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I've found Stratstone to be ueless full stop, really put me off the RR / RRS ownership but having since gone to privately owned LR dealers the level of service picked up greatly, prices better, courtesy better, knowledge better and so on. You feel like they want your business.

Stratstone think about ££££, once they have that you are a forgotten man.

Yes LR UK are poor, they have been for many years but id say keep faith with the brand and find a better dealer, the RR / RRS vehicles are simply excellent and addictive IMO.

Post #285309 Sun Jan 09 2011 12:40pm
Blanc

I now have my new RRS back after one week off the road! (just 2500 miles on clock)

My car went in with Restricted Performance Red light on dash and when I asked what Strastones had done to my vehicle they advised they have replaced a pipe that is linked to the Diesel Particulate Filter. Has anyone else had this problem? Sadly my car was damaged whilst in their care, a scrape on drivers side back corner so it will need to go back in again.

Post #285656 Wed Jan 12 2011 2:50pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Id be insisting one a freakin new one if it was my 2500 mile new RRS that they damaged and suggesting court action if they refuse.

Stratstone are a disgrace, i will not use them for anything.

Post #285657 Wed Jan 12 2011 3:11pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Did they own up to the damage or did you notice it? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #285664 Wed Jan 12 2011 4:15pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

admiral wrote:
having reviewed the problem with rrs dealers you are all to be commended for keeping faith ,am afraid that i did try and purchase a rrsport ,but the feeling of service was not there at three dealers got the impression that they just did not care about the customer ,so i paid my money and bought an infiniti fx 30d ,all the toys to play with and service you cannot believe , vehicle collected and an identical new model always left with you and fuel in it they even phone up to check that everthing is in order every 3 months , it also works in the snow just a perfect cross suv and 33 mpg to date and acelerates like a rocket i know it not a rrs but then those leds lights are sillyat the front ,and if i am paying this money its got to be reliable ,all the best Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Infiniti fx. not bad but i see your still here. Wink

Post #285670 Wed Jan 12 2011 5:34pm
Blanc

Very Annoyed wrote:
Did they own up to the damage or did you notice it?

Luckily I noticed it! I pulled up at the Dealership and noticed my car parked in the customers bays, parked near it and there was the scrape. I went in and asked the girls behind service desk was there any details of how my car got damaged and they all looked a bit shocked! After a few discussions, I asked to speak to their manager and he agreed (quite rightly) to have my car repaired at their cost and at my convenience. It has been a bit of a nightmare really!

Post #285694 Wed Jan 12 2011 9:52pm
Blanc

TDV8HST wrote:
admiral wrote:

Infiniti fx. not bad but i see your still here. Wink

I did test drive the Infiniti fx before I purchsed my rrs. I was very impressed with the car, speed etc but thought it a little small. I agree with you about their Customer Service, they were very impressive whenever I spoke to them! But sadly this is my 2nd rrs and I am addicted.

Post #285696 Wed Jan 12 2011 9:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>