RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > potholes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

carbostar

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
potholes

Now that most of us have seen a bit of snow, the next challenge is the potholes left by frost damage;

I know off roading is cool, but when your not expecting it in your tidy 22" or 20" wheels you don''t half make a mess of your bank account,

I went throu 4 tyre's last winter due to pot hole's; when you hit them its a teeth jarring experience, front tyre splits and the rear develops a nasty bleb, also has everyone rememberer to put molly on the faces and studs another roadside experience trying to flog frozen wheels off. a womans rule of thumb:if it has tyres or testicles your going to have trouble with it

Post #284226 Tue Dec 28 2010 8:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mak

Scotland 

I was borrowing my parents new Discovery today, was coming down a slip road and hit 3 potholes in a row. There was ice in them as well and when I hit them it threw the ice up side of the car and scatched the back wheel arch. Luckily the tyres and everything else was ok, but I wasn't feeling too chuffed with myself.

Post #284227 Tue Dec 28 2010 8:08pm
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Makes you wonder where the road tax money goes! Roads are shocking and only getting worse

Post #284229 Tue Dec 28 2010 8:24pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Moved down to Surrey from the Heelands and can't believe how bad the roads are down here!! Mind you running 17" rims with Contis on SWMBO's D3 and 18"s with ATRs on mine so no worries re damage. Whistle Whistle

And that was before this little cold snap so they can't blame it on that, nor the little bit of winter they had 2009/10.

Post #284231 Tue Dec 28 2010 8:59pm
Rudskibaliblu

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

MAK,

Are the roads pretty clear up in Edinburgh now? coming up for some new year fun and a bit of tasty food in the witchery. Can't beat the atmosphere and they now how to party on the streets up there can't wait Very Happy Now gone Orkney grey SDV6 HSE with body style kit contrast stitch ebony leather, privacy, black piano, 22" Lowenharts for summer, 20" with Leon LTZ for winter.
Here 110 black edition defender.

Post #284244 Wed Dec 29 2010 9:57am
8 CDC

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Rudskibaliblu wrote:
MAK,

Are the roads pretty clear up in Edinburgh now? coming up for some new year fun and a bit of tasty food in the witchery. Can't beat the atmosphere and they now how to party on the streets up there can't wait Very Happy

All but gone now.....and a balmy 6 degrees through there today. Everybody is clinging on to their sanity….Some just hide it better than others….

Post #284279 Wed Dec 29 2010 7:15pm
Mak

Scotland 

Yes, the roads are almost clear and not a lot of snow here, but slushy in some places. I was up near Aviemore when it happened.
Have fun, can't beat The Witchery.

Post #284282 Wed Dec 29 2010 7:42pm
airwolf222helicopters

United Kingdom 

if you can take a picture of the pot hole and damaged wheel or tyre

then i think you can contact the highways agency or people who deal with roads ?

and you can make a claim against them for replacement after all we pay enough for r-tax so if they damage our vehicles they have to repace the tyre i think ????

worth investigating

Thumbs Up

Post #284342 Thu Dec 30 2010 11:50am
airwolf222helicopters

United Kingdom 

just found this site

WWW.POTHOLES.CO.UK tells u how to write letter

thought i wernt going mad

Post #284343 Thu Dec 30 2010 11:54am
kupid0n

Romania 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

hey guys! you should really be thankfull for your roads.....you have no idea how bad they are down here in Romania....went thru 4 tyres in the past month! managed to cut each and everyone of them. the first 2 were before the snow came(summer conti's), i said no biggie as they were pretty worn, but after getting some fresh yokohamas you can imagine how i felt when i cut 2 tyres in 2 days...but it gets worse....the last pothole i hit was at almost 140 km/h and not only had i destroyed the tyre and a 20" stormer alloy but i now get a very annoyng rattle from the back-right suspension plus a very wobbly back suspension. i'm afraid to visit the dealership as i know that it would cost me at least a couple of thousands..... Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #284577 Mon Jan 03 2011 12:51am
carbostar

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

airwolf222helicopters wrote:
just found this site

WWW.POTHOLES.CO.UK tells u how to write letter

thought i wernt going mad

very useful found another clutch of potholes today almost in the city center, lucky i've still got my chunky winter wheels on; might have to keep them on if the highways people dont get to grip's with the winter damage. a womans rule of thumb:if it has tyres or testicles your going to have trouble with it

Post #284604 Mon Jan 03 2011 2:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

chris mc wrote:
Makes you wonder where the road tax money goes! Roads are shocking and only getting worse

........and fuel duty and the subsequent VAT on the duty

It certainly isn't the roads or for benefit of the motorist. I wonder what has happened to the road haulier groups / farmers that protested when fuel was LESS than it was now...........oh yes, probably bought off. Embarassed Embarassed

It is times like now when I feel totally ashamed to be British. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .........{we} are totally pathetic in these situations.........never mind, the £1.50+ per litre (or £6.83 per gallon in old money) isn't far away now..........

Even Bolivia is more effective than us Brits!! http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ame...t-protests

HAPPY MOTORING ALL Whistle Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Last edited by will_wonka on Mon Jan 03 2011 6:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #284623 Mon Jan 03 2011 6:30pm
plasterman

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

will_wonka wrote:
chris mc wrote:

........and fuel duty and the subsequent VAT on the duty

It certainly isn't the roads or for benefit of the motorist. I wonder what has happened to the road haulier groups / farmers that protested when fuel was LESS than it was now...........oh yes, probably bought off. Embarassed Embarassed

It is times like now when I feel totally ashamed to be British. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .........{we} are totally pathetic in these situations.........never mind, the £1.50+ per litre (or £6.83 per gallon in old money) isn't far away now..........

HAPPY MOTORING ALL Whistle Whistle

I remember when there was an outcry when fuel was going to be one pound a gallon,it just seems this country seems to put prices up on stuff that they know they can get away with. 2007 HSE in black with 22 inch id ones with privacy glass.
Gone BMW 530d Missed
Gone Porsche Cayenne Goodbye and Good Ridance
Gone BMW X5D

Post #284626 Mon Jan 03 2011 6:39pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Its also really nice to know that the money you spend on the ufel was taxed at 20% (or40%) plus your NI at about 12%.

So before you can spend the £1.50 a litre you'd have had to earn about 2 quid !!!

We must be soft !!

Post #284630 Mon Jan 03 2011 7:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1