RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Detachable towbar..... Stolen?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Josh

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
There's a few threads on D3 about removing the towbars when they have losted the key

They dont actually say how it's done in public, but PM the details, so I presume it's a simple trick to doing without a key

Screwdriver and a hammer to force the lock which is probably quite a cheap design. Then buy a new lock from LR. Certainly won't be a hardened secure lock able to stand up to a screwdriver.

Shame it's not permanently attached to the car and swivelled out of sight behind the valance like the Q5 one is Whistle TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #282812 Sun Dec 12 2010 1:41pm
PaulB

England 

I had mine stolen a couple of months ago from outside my house.

If the key is out, it is locked, but from what has already been said about the limited number of key patterns and the ease with which you can buy new ones, being locked wouldn't appear to count for much.

I looked on ebay for a new one and there were loads there, but as I suspected many of them could have been stolen I bought a new one from JE Engineering. It was significantly cheaper than from a LR main dealer.

I now remove mine as soon as I have finished using it. The only pain, is the little plastic screw clips that hold the cover on place. I've broken a few of them and had to replace them.

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #283180 Thu Dec 16 2010 1:17pm
malcolm w

United Kingdom 

Hi can anyone heelp please. Have just had my detatchable towbar stolen for the second time in two months. Does anyone know how this is done so quickly in a matter of minutes when it is locked onto the vehiclw.

Any ideas please?? Malcolm MCW

Post #293737 Sat Mar 26 2011 11:09am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

If its that easy to take off, then why don't you take it off when not in use, and save yourself the embarrassment. Embarassed

Post #293761 Sat Mar 26 2011 3:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12