RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Snow and idiots
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Snow and idiots

It has just taken me 5 hours to drive a 10 mile round trip. Some people do not know how to drive in the snow and one idiot abandoned their car on a steep hill causing huge delays on the A246 Evil or Very Mad I have to admit to being a bit smug when you just cruise up an icy road but BMWs should be banned from the roads when it snows along with other back wheel drive cars and Vauxhall Marivas! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #281540 Tue Nov 30 2010 8:23pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

i agree on the BMW front, however for any other car there really is no excuse - my van gets everywhere without any real problems

Post #281543 Tue Nov 30 2010 8:37pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Surprise, surprise, little snow & Surrey grinds to a halt!! Mind you I moved there to get away from the snow! Got to be better than here (Grantown), -12c now and 2ft of snow on the drive and another 6" due tonight. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #281544 Tue Nov 30 2010 8:38pm
Old Stager

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I must admit I'm loving the snow - this is my first winter in the RRS (complete with winter tyres) after many years in various BMWs. Don't you feel so smug when you just sereenly drive past them up an icy hill Thumbs Up 14.5MY SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus silver/lunar/ebony 20" wheels, InControl, full-size spare, electric tow bar, adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise control, auto main beam assist. Gone: TDV8 HSE; Zermatt silver/ebony, 19" off road alloys, active diff, particle filter, tow pack (it was fun) BMW 730D SE (great car, sadly missed). Ford Focus RS mk2, Ultimate green, lux pack 2, bluetooth. The start of my mid-life crisis.
IN THE GARAGE: BMW i8 - the mid-life crisis continues and it's great fun.

Post #281545 Tue Nov 30 2010 9:25pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Unlucky VA, but at least you got home..

Im trying to find some 'snow socks' for my Bmw and Merc, had a nasty episode last year and in reverse gear they just don't want to move.

Had the A8 quattro out last year, and that was like a dream.
It's times like this i miss the RRS very badly.. Crying or Very sad

Post #281553 Wed Dec 01 2010 12:16am
BKHK

Australia 

I remember when I last lived in the UK that people couldn't drive in the snow, it was most frustrating but it was Ford Sierras not BMWs which were the villains and not many people had 4x4s, mostly farmers with Landys and Dihatsus.

Must run, got to put the sun umbrella up for Mrs BKHK so she doesn't get too much sun Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #281564 Wed Dec 01 2010 5:07am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I think Mrs BKHK has had too much sun already - SHE MARRIED YOU! Wink Laughing Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #281572 Wed Dec 01 2010 8:43am
BKHK

Australia 

You maybe right VA, I had better ask her to come inside Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Enjoy the snow on your cold little island, you poor bastards.

DON'T mention cricket Rolling with laughter

Post #281599 Wed Dec 01 2010 12:23pm
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Colleague nearly crashed his Mondeo on the A1 this morning, some twonk in a RRS braked heavily to look at an upside down Eddie Stobart truck. Matey gently applied his brakes so as not to lock up, but still ended up ploughing off left into the un-cleared bit as the rear of the RRS loomed large. The RRS driver just accelerated away, completely oblivious to the carnage happening behind him.

Matey didn't half give me some stick when he arrived in the office this morning, "you bloody RRS drivers" Laughing Rolling Eyes Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #281601 Wed Dec 01 2010 12:41pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I spend more time looking in the mirror these past few days as the locals like to drive nose to tail and if you leave a car length between you and the car infront then it is filled straight away Evil or Very Mad
Had a Galaxy run into the back of me last week on a straight bit of road when I slowed off for a van that had come out in front of me, no damage to the RRS but a nice crease on the bonnet of the Galaxy, oh, forgot, it did wreck the towball cover on my car Sad
The other guy just drove off and disapeared and it took two hours to sort out the paperwork at the local police station. The WPC asked "You have all these licences?" when she looked at my driving licence, over here if you pass for a car then that is all you can drive and if you want to tow a trailer of more than 500kg you have to pass a test for one etc. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #281619 Wed Dec 01 2010 1:51pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

MikeS wrote:
"you bloody RRS drivers" Laughing Rolling Eyes

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #281624 Wed Dec 01 2010 2:06pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

MikeS wrote:
Matey didn't half give me some stick when he arrived in the office this morning, "you bloody RRS drivers" Laughing Rolling Eyes

Hope you told him that he obviously was not driving to the conditions of the road if he hadn't enough room to stop safely Whistle

Post #281684 Wed Dec 01 2010 11:32pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I had 2 near misses this morning,1st one a Vulvalo XC 90 pulls straight out in front of me from the right and miss him by less than 3ft then an oik in a L200 festooned in dozens of lights doesn't realise I'm slowed down to let an oncoming car through a snow chicane caused by a drift and then nearly takes my front wing off as he swerves to miss the car !!
Get to work, on my own private parking space,dig it out whilst I'm still in my wellies for an easy exit when 4 chaps in a Fiesta get stuck and proceed to dump the shovelled snow onto the bit I've just cleared Evil or Very Mad
Think I'll stay at home tomorrow. Rolling Eyes MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #281719 Thu Dec 02 2010 12:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1