RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Q5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Josh

United Kingdom 

Going well. Thumbs Up

Initially we thought the boot was smaller than the RRS and that my dog cage wouldn't fit. Pleasantly surprised that it's not smaller at all and in fact it's wider and just as deep. Thought I might have to slide the rear seats forward to create more space and still have a fully functional rear seat.
But the boot is way bigger than the FL2s........so the perfect compromise that I was looking for after the RRS.

In fact there's not many around at all. That's why we don't create a presence. Second hand values are higher than new apparently, due to lack of stock.....bizarre. Like the early days of the RRS.

Full electric sports seats make a big difference to the comfort. Most of the showroom versions are very low spec compared to mine. Reversing camera is cool.
Wink Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #280672 Fri Nov 19 2010 6:25pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Did you guys know there is like a 6 month waiting list for these cars - I have a client who wanted one in the summer, and she was told she would have to wait til March.

Same with a lot of 4WD at VW/Audi/Porsche.

Cayenne has got long delivery too, and they are taking slots away from the Panamera.

Q5 is a good car and holds it's money well too

Post #280676 Fri Nov 19 2010 7:05pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Very true NickM.

My order took just over 6 months. Apparently it's now worth more than I paid for it.....but not for sale.

Deceptively spacious car. Very pleased Thumbs Up

If the new Evoque can reach this standard of build quality and have no design faults Laughing it will do very well. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #280733 Sat Nov 20 2010 2:30pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Mrs Rupert & I are seriously considering one of these to replace the RRS next year.

We took a test drive a few weeks ago & really liked the car. It's way ahead of the RRS in terms of technology, iPod / iPohne integration is excellent & as a previous poster stated, there's not a green display to be seen.

One of the biggest factors is that the annual road tax on a Q5 is €630 versus a whopping €2,100 on a new RRS Shocked

Plus the pricing is very competitive on the Q5 too, with an Automatic SE listing at €49.650 (before options) compared to somewhere in the region of €95,000 on a RRS !!!

Post #280742 Sat Nov 20 2010 5:09pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Rupert wrote:
Mrs Rupert & I are seriously considering one of these to replace the RRS next year.

We took a test drive a few weeks ago & really liked the car. It's way ahead of the RRS in terms of technology, iPod / iPohne integration is excellent & as a previous poster stated, there's not a green display to be seen.

There are no green displays in a 2009+ RRS either! The iPod/iPhone integration is top notch too. What technology is better on the Q5? What amazes me on Audi's, BMW's etc is how much is not standard and how much they charge for the extras. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #280768 Sun Nov 21 2010 1:59am
Josh

United Kingdom 

Well you don't pay extra for anything on an RRS because it's already been done.....and yes you are still paying for the extra kit either way.

My top spec Q5 3.0 tdi Sline is still about £8K cheaper than a new RRS. What have I got compared to the RRS:-

Better fuel ecconomy mid to high 30s, VEL after year one £210, insurance £200 cheaper, cheaper servicing, 5 year warranty, 0-60 6.5 for a diesel (not interested in the SC), Aerodynamic shape, lighter, quieter, Panoramic glass sunroof with electric blind, Free First Aid kit, warning triangle and roof bars with storage bag, adaptive lights that can even be changed for continental use at the push of a button from the display Exclamation ,B&O with Dab, permanently fitted swivelling tow bar/electrics hidden behind the valance, Very comfortable nappa leather electric memory sports seats (with no annoying headrest that pushes your head forward aka RRS), tyres that don't wear out after a few miles Exclamation , smooth 7 speed tiptronic box, no annoying rattles/design faults Whistle , electric heated/folding/dimming mirrors, rear seats can be moved further forward independantly to increase boot space, folded down individually and back angle adjusted. For those with children all the passenger seats have the child seat fittings, Sat nav is 3D and apart from the usual central screen it also displays the directions for the driver on the instrument display. Full digital display if you wish. Ipod/iphone integration, SD card slots, onboard HD juke box, DVD player on central screen full surround sound, decent subwoofer in the boot. Reversing camera. Decent interior lighting including all foot wells, all controls, all air vents and puddle lights on all doors. Cooled front glove box, All door pockets that will take a plastic drinks bottle Exclamation Electric opening/closing boot. There is even proper storage for my glasses/sunglasses. Carbon fibre inlays. Spare wheel inside the car so it can't get nicked. Keyless entry/lock and ignition. Audi Drive Select giving me full control of the dynamic steering, engine map, and suspension firmness with settings for comfort, auto, dynamic and individual according to what I want.

I'm sure I forgot something Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Last edited by Josh on Tue Nov 23 2010 11:33am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #280787 Sun Nov 21 2010 12:05pm
Rupert

Ireland 

RichardM wrote:
There are no green displays in a 2009+ RRS either! The iPod/iPhone integration is top notch too. What technology is better on the Q5? What amazes me on Audi's, BMW's etc is how much is not standard and how much they charge for the extras.

Ok, fair enough about the green displays, but the speedo / tach display are still pretty much the same.

However in terms of standard equipment, over here in Ireland even the base model Q5 comes with iPod/iPhone integration as standard, whereas on the RRS it's an option. Unless, that is, you go for the HSE, which then pushes the price over the 100K mark !! True, I could "spec up" an RRS SE to include the iPod integration, but I'm still beginning from a starting price of over 90K !.

Combine those levels of standard equipment, with an annual road tax on the Q5 of €630, versus €2,200 on a new RRS & it makes for a very compelling argument. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still very much a LR fan, having driven them since 1994 & intend on keeping my D3 for many years to come.

But LR sales have all but fallen through the floor here over the past year or so, our local LR dealer hasn't one single new model LR in stock & will only bring one in for a confirmed sale. The competitors vehicles are so much cheaper to purchase & run, that not very many people want a LR here anymore. I'm hoping that my RRS would be somewhat attractive on the second-hand market, as having been registered prior to the change to road tax being calculated on C02 emissions, it only attracts a road tax of €1,200 per annum, compared to the €2,200 a new model would cost. But nonetheless my '08 RRS is pretty much worthless here now. So, sadly I must say, one would really be mad to buy another RRS.

Josh wrote:
My top spec Q5 3.0 tdi Sline is still about £8K cheaper than a new RRS.

For me here, the model Q5 I'm looking at would be somewhere in the region €45,000 cheaper than the equivalent replacement RRS to the one I have. At that, the Q5 would have more kit as standard.

Post #280791 Sun Nov 21 2010 1:15pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Good to hear your enjoying the car Josh!

Not sure about all the comments however, surely comparing the VED for a Q5 / RRS is a bit like comparing VED for a Mini vs. Range Rover............the Q5 is not competition nor can it be compared to the RRS, the Q5 can only be likened, for comparative purposes, to a Freelander 2, similar size, engines (aside from the 3.0 TDi - good choice BTW) and interior.............with the recent Facelift of said car, it is more than enough to satisfy the people that want to downsize etc but stay in a Land Rover product. For those that don't, of course there is the dark side Whistle

Keep enjoying her Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #280847 Mon Nov 22 2010 3:05pm
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Josh wrote:
I'm sure I forgot something Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Josh!! I know what you forgot: Surprised

It is just not a real RANGE ROVER SPORT!!!!!! Cool

I'm sorry, but the Q5 is just an oversized VW Golf. Laughing

Boooooooooooooooring Yawn SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #280893 Tue Nov 23 2010 12:39am
Josh

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Bliss....I managed to stand next to my boring Q5 yesterday and take a call on my mobile without the real RRS picking up the call Exclamation That really used to annoy me. Has LR fixed it yet Question

Funnily enough there are a few ex FL2 owners moving to the darkside for some strange reason. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #280917 Tue Nov 23 2010 11:31am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Josh wrote:

Funnily enough there are a few ex FL2 owners moving to the darkside for some strange reason.

......they need a little run around town until the Evoque arrives Whistle Whistle Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #280922 Tue Nov 23 2010 1:18pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

The Evoque will be the biggest hit next summer when launched and will 'urinate' on anything in the small 4WD market - even if it flawed. Look at the RRS - more often than not people want one because of brand association and not ability...as good as the Q5 etc are, the Evoque will hit a lot of car makers hard, and anyone who's anyone will want one....

Josh, not slagging off your car, but in terms of branding, an Audi is just an Audi....a Range Rover however.....

Post #281008 Wed Nov 24 2010 9:06am
Jonny Fresh

England 

NickM wrote:
Did you guys know there is like a 6 month waiting list for these cars - I have a client who wanted one in the summer, and she was told she would have to wait til March.

Cayenne has got long delivery too, and they are taking slots away from the Panamera.

True, I am told if I order now it will be here in April

Post #281017 Wed Nov 24 2010 10:27am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Jonny Fresh wrote:
NickM wrote:

True, I am told if I order now it will be here in April

Johnny just because Audi sponsor bloody Man U, doesn't mean you have to go and bloody buy one mate!!! what happened to the Porsche???? get a grip man <slap>

Post #281020 Wed Nov 24 2010 10:41am
A12DY B

United Kingdom 

Will have to agree here that the RRS can not be compared to the Q5

the Q7 is the Audi equivelent of the RRS, I have not had chance to look at the new RRS closly but can say my 58 plate Q7 was way ahead of my 2006-2009 RRS in the technology stakes.

However you just dont get the same special feeling that the RRS brings,

But the Q7 is the same cost as the RRS

Q5 is a lovely motor too though and yours is a lovely spec, just enjoy it for what it is and as long as your happy thats it doing its job

Post #281046 Wed Nov 24 2010 3:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>