Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Buying a RRS- few concerns
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GnzYza

United Kingdom 
Buying a RRS- few concerns

Hi,

I posted a while ago indicating my intention of changing to a RRS, i have since sold the merc i owned and found a nice 2.7HSE.

I'm competant around a car, doing most work myself but a few things i like to know more about.

The car has the Dynamic response fitted soo-
Suspension knocking, So many things have been said etc most old topics... is their a definative fix (is it the mass damper kit)
If i hear the hammer against pipe noise..... what is the fix for that?

Thanks

Post #277956 Fri Oct 15 2010 1:52am
GnzYza

United Kingdom 

Oh almost forgot to ask do the TSB fixes only apply to cars in warranty or did they extend the time on car with these particular issues.

Post #277957 Fri Oct 15 2010 1:53am
GnzYza

United Kingdom 

Anything else i should check thats particular to this vehicle would be greatly appreciated.
Got 5 posts now i can PM Very Happy

Post #277958 Fri Oct 15 2010 1:54am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

if you are buying an approved used RRS from a LR Dealer then all the outstanding TSB's should be up to date, if you are not buying approved used then get the car into a dealer and get them to give it a service and update everything. Most important to check that is has a full service history, these are extremely complex machines and there are bits that a DIY servicer cannot do.
If you are buying from a nonLR dealer then make it a condition of sale that it gets serviced and all recalls/updates are carried out by a Franchised Land Rover dealer before you will part with your money. It is very easy to reset the service indicator on these cars so an LR Dealer stamped up service record is best (doesn't mean though it has received the best attention as there are still unfortunately some poor service outlets around) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #277986 Fri Oct 15 2010 5:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GnzYza

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply, The vehicle is 1 owner fully maintained by a LR dealer, and just had its service 2-300 miles ago. So all good in that department, Im buying non-approved.

I did drop James @ lookers a PM but he doesn't have anything to my requirements.

You've made me thing now though, because im going to look/buy on sunday and i really should of gave the dealer a call to check the history/repairs.

I won't be servicing it myself, it will go to a dealer. I just meant I knew what to check in general when buying but was after anything specific to look out for.

Post #278014 Sat Oct 16 2010 7:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1