RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Scottish Land Rover Owners Club Green Road Run in Galloway
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Scottish Land Rover Owners Club Green Road Run in Galloway

Short notice I'm afriad but SLROC has just had this appear on the events section. These GRR's are totally non damaging, on hard tracks with no offroading/mudplgging or requirement for either low box, TR seetings or fancy tyres.
[quoteLooks like a nice run for those who don't want to get their pride and joy muddy or even to have to try low box and TR settings! Akso as my 90 is going into the service bay first thing Monday I'll be in the FFRR for it's first club run

Details from the SLROC website:

Quote:
On Sunday 10th October the Green Road Run will be our first venture into the Galloway area on a new route! Taking place on the 11,000 acre Forrest Estate we have a route of around 25 miles to explore! This GRR will follow a slightly different format in that we won’t be setting off in convoy as usual, but as we are on a marked route, it will be a case of driving at your own pace, perhaps a bit more like a driving day format and you could even go round twice if you like! There will also be a few optional routes for those looking for some slightly more adventurous terrain!

The route will be open from 10:30am until 4:00pm, so you can even pop down for a Sunday afternoon drive if you wish!

To get to Forrest Estate, - head south on the M77 / A77 to Ayr then onto the A713 for Dalmellington for about 20 miles heading for St Johns Town of Dalry, about 4 miles before Dalry, entrance to the estate is on the right, it's signposted FORREST ESTATE and will be marked with orange arrows from the A713, then it is a single track road for 3 miles to the estate entrance, it’s about an hour from Glasgow.
The Turn off the A713 is at OS map sheet 77 grid ref. 603842 and the meeting point is at the start of the GRR route at grid ref. 562861. Postcode for the satnav is DG7 3XS

Cost for this run will be £10

If anybody would like to meet up with me on the way down there please PM me - I will be leaving home around 9am which means Ayr around 10/1030 for me. there will probably be some guys from Freely2, D3,FullFatRR and Defender2 forums there too.[/quote] 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #277491 Thu Oct 07 2010 7:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Wish I lived nearer Tim! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #277498 Thu Oct 07 2010 8:19pm
Tim in Scotland

Nah mate, it's too gentle for you! This is more aimed at getting folks that are frightened of getting a squashed fly on the paint, boring stuff for those who don't mind the odd mud splash! I'll be trying the FFRR round some of the "slightly more adventurous terrain" but I don't expect to be the sort of stuff that would challenge it!
You need to watch out for the Argyll club outings, that's more suitable for you! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #277500 Thu Oct 07 2010 8:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

A little of the last Argyll 4x4 run, great fun and Tim is a good driver Thumbs Up

Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #277515 Thu Oct 07 2010 10:00pm
Tim in Scotland

Unfortunately (??) off-road trials of the new economy 3 wheeled Defender were a failure when the bystanders spotted the cunning disguise. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #277537 Fri Oct 08 2010 10:04am
Alicatt

Mr. Green it was some bump and the following car thought we had dumped a body out and they had run over it but was glad that there was no major damage done.
I had turned tha camera off just before we went down that track, it was hard enough to try and keep the camera steady when you could see what was coming but in the dark it was something else.
I never touched the seat at all when we went through the water splash, from the moment we went over the lip I was on a crash course for the cargo barrier but before I hit it we were going up the other side and I was then heading for the back door, landing in the same place I started out when we got to level ground ... better than any rollercoaster Thumbs Up Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #277539 Fri Oct 08 2010 10:44am
Tim in Scotland

Here is a video of the before and after "oh Censored " clip posted by Al and the view from the summit

Click image to enlarge

Video 1 is 167mbits so it may take some time to download - the before - click on the photo to start the video

and the after oh Censored video (click on the 'photo' to start the video

Spot the RRSport in this one.......................... I'll let the driver tell what happened next Whistle click on the picture to start the video

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #277546 Fri Oct 08 2010 12:28pm
Alicatt

I was not stuck! I was told to stop and they whipped a tow cable on the car before I could do anything Whistle lol
it was a tight corner and even the defenders were taking two bites at it to get round and then the "EPB" (Elegant Person Beside me) started screaming.
When I get back from archery this evening I'll post up a couple more Smile Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #277555 Fri Oct 08 2010 5:41pm
Alicatt

On top of the hill

on the trail .. spot the RRS...

How to wash a Disco
 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #277583 Sat Oct 09 2010 8:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1